[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EgyptOverseer

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack and the game is basically unplayable. I guess this means the cellars mod was removed and there must be tons of crop entities on the ground being loaded because it was running at about 1 frame per minute.

Was it removed? I don't want to continue the save in case of that so I can revert to the previous version.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack and the game is basically unplayable. I guess this means the cellars mod was removed and there must be tons of crop entities on the ground being loaded because it was running at about 1 frame per minute.

Was it removed? I don't want to continue the save in case of that so I can revert to the previous version.

I have been having a ton of my own problems with the new update, so your not alone there. The biggest cause of the drop in frame rate is the RailCraft Wire Frame blocks. Disabling them in the configs should fix the issue

Reverting back to 1.0.0 should not have any mod conflicts, but when loading the map it may ask if you want to delete some blocks, just click YES in that case. Before updating or downgrading the pack ALWAYS make a backup copy of your map.

dk11

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the wireframes are the only affected blocks, but since you have them in several ruins you might be right it's responsible for the most obvious issues.

In case you didn't see it, there is a recent post on the TFC forum support about continuous falling of blocks on TFCs own chiseled blocks and vanilla redstone blocks in 0.79.17. ("Continuous Fall sound for dirt/cobble")
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8205-solved-continuous-fall-sound-for-dirtcobble/
Answer given there that a fix will be in 79.18.

Love the pack otherwise, been playing it for several weeks now.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
In case you didn't see it, there is a recent post on the TFC forum support about continuous falling of blocks on TFCs own chiseled blocks and vanilla redstone blocks in 0.79.17. ("Continuous Fall sound for dirt/cobble")
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8205-solved-continuous-fall-sound-for-dirtcobble/
Answer given there that a fix will be in 79.18.

Thanks for posting this link.

I was aware that half slabs and stair blocks may also be causing the falling block issue but the wire frames seemed to be the most prominent and fatal issue on the server

deadwolfdusk

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, I've been watching your LP series on YouTube for a few days now and I've got to say that it's kept me from making some really dumb mistakes and saved me a few headaches trying to find certain resources. XD

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, I've been watching your LP series on YouTube for a few days now and I've got to say that it's kept me from making some really dumb mistakes and saved me a few headaches trying to find certain resources. XD

Thank you, I am really glad that this new series has been very useful for everyone playing the Mod Pack. :D

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Just found a bug with backtools + cogwheels. If you just switch from cogwheel to other item, or place it (It goes on your back as old tool) Inventory window no longer appears until you switch to other tool and to something else (put other tool on back).
Console says multiple times:
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1283: Stack overflow
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post@9fb0222:
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Index: 1 Listeners:
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 0: NORMAL
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 1: ASM: backtools.common.core.EventHandler@46c37c29 onPlayerRender(Lnet/minecraftforge/client/event/RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post;)V
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't render entity
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post@3e490b4c:
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: 1: ASM: backtools.common.core.EventHandler@46c37c29 onPlayerRender(Lnet/minecraftforge/client/event/RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post;)V

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Just found a bug with backtools + cogwheels. If you just switch from cogwheel to other item, or place it (It goes on your back as old tool) Inventory window no longer appears until you switch to other tool and to something else (put other tool on back).

Wow that is crazy :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I was just reading over the TFC change log for version 79.18 HERE and its looks impressive so far :D
It looks like they may have fixed the falling blocks issue and I hope this also includes the RailCraft wire frames too, so I will be working on getting the next pack update out as soon as possible. So look for something at least by the weekend.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post@9fb0222:
[23:29:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.client.event.RenderPlayerEvent$Specials$Post@3e490b4c:

it could also mean if your running optifine it might also mess it up as well. certain versions of optifine will throw this error as well, back tools or other wise

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I am not using optifine,
I use the pack as is from FTB launcher, no modifications.

The only thing I can think of would be to simply remove Back Tools. It should be easy enough from the FTB launcher.

Although if its not crashing the client or causing major FPS drops I would not worry over it too much.

EDIT: Another thing I might try is removing all of the Smart Moves related .jar files, like PlayerAPI, SmartCore and SmartRender, they may also be causing unwanted conflicts.

These are just my best guesses at the moment.

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack an hour ago, but I can't launch it. When I click start, the console says unable to launch and I'm able to click the start button again. When I do this, the same thing happens. Alredy downgraded it to 1.0.2 but same thing. What must I do? Or is it a bug? Please help. It sounds like a very cool pack and I want to play it as fast as possible.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack an hour ago, but I can't launch it. When I click start, the console says unable to launch and I'm able to click the start button again. When I do this, the same thing happens. Alredy downgraded it to 1.0.2 but same thing. What must I do? Or is it a bug? Please help. It sounds like a very cool pack and I want to play it as fast as possible.

This sounds a lot like the bug where FTB dosnt actually download the files correctly. I think the fix is to change which server the launcher downloads from.

Are you using the newest version of the FTB launcher, cuz I have not tried it yet myself.

pestalinc

Jul 29, 2019

Are you able to download and start other Mod Packs? Some anti virus programs will block you from downloading the Core Minecraft files. If you disable your anti virus program for 5min and then start the pack it will download and you wont have any other problems going forward. You will not have to disable anti virus again unless the Mod Pack upgrades to a new version of Minecraft.

What dose the console window say when you click Launch?

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
I think you are right. There was a problem with the minecraft files. I will delet it and downloaded it again without a virus program.
And yes I can launch other packs. There weren't any problems yet.

Last edited: