[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
Nope doesn't work so far. This stands in the launcher:

Error extracting native libraries
: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: TerraFirmaPunk 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 7168
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
[19:44:11] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:44:11] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019

Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 7168
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
[19:44:11] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:44:11] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

please post the full crash log it'll be easier for us to help. as some times it tells during mod loading what caused it to crash after pre initialization.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

please post the full crash log it'll be easier for us to help. as some times it tells during mod loading what caused it to crash after pre initialization.

Yeah, all I can make from that is that something seems to be missing but I cant tell what . I am still guessing that the pack didn't install correctly, or has the wrong Forge version or possibly an other version of Java. But these are all just guess at this point.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
This is the hole crash report
I click start, then a popup came error extracting native libraries (came at all packs) and then this stands in the launcher.

Last edited:

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
This is the hole crash report
I click start, then a popup came error extracting native libraries (came at all packs) and then this stands in the launcher.

well it seems the java version your running is causing it than. use the latest java 7 and try dedicating more ram to FTB by creating a .bat launch file FTB uses alot of ram when its running

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
I use the latest java 7 version and bigger modpacks run without any problems. Is it maybe because my internet is so bad (I get tomorrow new and faster) that the server doesnt download files correctly (I tried it by another pack, but there it works).

deadwolfdusk

Jul 29, 2019
... Is something broken with my build of the mod pack or something? I'm doing some new maps, "scouting" for a decent spawn and world, and whenever I'm going around looking for drinkable water I can't seem to find anything. I find the cattails that are supposed to be an indicator of drinking water, but when I hover over them it gives me the WAILA for Seaweed and the water can't be drunk. Anyone else getting this issue?

pestalinc

Jul 29, 2019
... Is something broken with my build of the mod pack or something? I'm doing some new maps, "scouting" for a decent spawn and world, and whenever I'm going around looking for drinkable water I can't seem to find anything. I find the cattails that are supposed to be an indicator of drinking water, but when I hover over them it gives me the WAILA for Seaweed and the water can't be drunk. Anyone else getting this issue?

i just checked and WAILA dose say "seagrass" for the cat tails but i can still drink the water. I did go out to a newly loaded check in my test world to check it.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give me any hints about finding stones. I am in late bronze age but cannot progress any more since I dont have flux. I explored the entire max sized vanilla map but every place seem to have the same biome (chert->gabbro->dacite) and on coasts there is (quartzite->gabbro->dacite)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give me any hints about finding stones. I am in late bronze age but cannot progress any more since I dont have flux. I explored the entire max sized vanilla map but every place seem to have the same biome (chert->gabbro->dacite) and on coasts there is (quartzite->gabbro->dacite)

If I remember correctly that would only be a few hundred blocks, finding certain ores, or rocks as the case me be, can take anywhere between 2000 and 10000 blocks of exploring. Basic TFC really forces the players to explore a lot more of their worlds.

Also check for the marble statues along the beaches, you should be able to get enough flux for life from just one of those.

kitsu.eb

Jul 29, 2019
First post, signed up to say how great TFP is!

Also I was wondering what ways there are to reduce TFC grindyness by progressing in the tech tree?

My short term goal once I got metal tools and wasn't starving was to get into Railcraft. Having chest carts would make hauling stuff back and forth from distant mines less of a chore. My plan was to setup a long rail line connecting my bases with rail-hubs that branch off to various mines/sites.

I've found a few decent shortcuts to bootstrap Flaxbeard's, but getting even basic Railcraft setup has taken a lot of time. Now that I have the basics though I've run into a grind-wall: To make track I need iron, to make iron I need charcoal, to make charcoal I need to clear-cut the entire continent by hand...

One iron bloom takes 8 charcoal base, plus equal amounts charcoal and ore up to 24 which is 32 charcoal. Then you need enough coal/charcoal to heat the bloom on the forge to refine it, then enough to melt it in the crucible or split it on the anvil. From this I've been getting 6 iron ingots... for over a half stack of charcoal! If you think about the space available you'll see that the most charcoal you can get from a full pile of 16 logs in a charcoal pit is 8, because there are 8 sheets to a block (and you don't get 8 from every pile). So for one batch of iron I need a 3x3 charcoal pit which is 144 logs, or nearly 30 trees given the trees I've been cutting, all for 6 iron ingots!

AFAIK no Cog's nor Flaxbeard's machine can cut down a TFC tree. Is there any other way to automate wood collection?

Another option would be if vanilla charcoal could be converted to TFC charcoal. The 1:1 yield of logs to charcoal, and the shorter turn-around for a bloom worth of charcoal, and the automatability all make this a better option for mid-game charcoal. (I'll try my hand at making a recipe for this)

In the meantime I've upped the frequency of meteors, and re-allowed impacts. Getting access to vanilla style ores speeds things up nicely.

BTW: for anyone having problems with the Mapwriter waypoints, or crashes on exit: these are caused by the modified title screen added by bspkrscore. Setting
showMainMenuMobs=false
in bspkrsCore.cfg and everything works fine. Also remember that you can edit the mod pack from the launcher and pull out any aux mods that cause problems (invtweaks).

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
There are some automated mining machines, nothing works on the TFC trees unfortunately :(
And there are some ways to automate the moving around of items and whatnot.

kitsu.eb

Jul 29, 2019
How about something like this:

Code:
recipes.addShaped(<terrafirmacraft:item.coal:1>*8,
  [[<minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>],
  [<minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>],
  [<minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>, <minecraft:coal:1>]]);

I set it so you trade 9 vanilla charcoal for 8 TFC charcoal (one block worth).

It would be cooler to require the Cog's pounder, or some Flaxbeard's thing to do the conversion, but I don't know how to get there. You might need modtweaker to access modded machine recipes?

I also just figured out the chest cart recipe is still disabled in the TFCCrafting.cfg. Could you please turn it back on? You're cart recipe is expensive enough for balance, and the chest cart still requires vanilla chests (i.e. adventure!).

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have just submitted update version 1.0.3! :D It could take several days before it appears on the launcher.

Major changes include:
  • TFC version 79.18 ( this version should fix the falling blocks bug)
  • Hyper Zombies are now named after famous foot racers.
  • Yeti Igloo's should only spawn once per lake.
  • Added Gems, Loot bags and a variety of new loot to dungeon and ruins chests (will only appear in newly generated ruins)
  • Coke Oven now produces TFC charcoal from TFC and Twilight Logs.
  • Fixed Various recipes. (Sticky Pistons can now be UnStikyfied with a chisel) (Steam Pipes and other Steam items found in the world can now be broken down into base metals using a hammer)
  • Quests fixed and updated.
  • Two New Ruins added; A River Boat and a spider infested Steam Punk House that may contain some RailCraft machines.
A server update should follow with in a few days after this update hits the launcher.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Sry i ment a server wipe, as in everyone starts over from scratch? With new ruins and world gen being added and mods , I thought before long there would be a server wipe.. It has become un-playable for me :(

iblt

Jul 29, 2019
Help! Trying to play terrafirmapunk for first time, but it won't launch...

Do I need to use java 7?

Any advice would be appreciated.

crash report:
Loading modpack information for TerraFirmaPunk.xml...
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Adding Third Party Pack: 17 (TerraFirmaPunk)
Opening main window
Adding texture pack 1 (Soartex Fanver)
Adding texture pack 2 (Jadedcat Mixpack)
Adding texture pack 3 (Invictus)
Adding texture pack 4 (Faithful)
Adding texture pack 5 (JohnSmith Technicians Remix)
Adding texture pack 6 (Familiar yet Different)
Adding texture pack 7 (Love And Tolerance)
Adding map 1 (FTB Trident Default Map)
Adding map 2 (Agrarian Skies Default Map)
Adding map 3 (Agrarian Skies Flat Map)
Adding map 4 (Agrarian Skies Server Map)
Adding map 5 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 6 (FTB Pax Challenge)
Adding map 7 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 8 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.10)
Adding map 9 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.20)
Adding map 10 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.30)
Adding map 11 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.40)
Adding map 12 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.50)
Adding map 13 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.80)
Adding map 14 (FTB Normal)
Adding map 15 (FTB Insanity)
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for TerraFirmaPunk v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 6144
[09:43:05] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[09:43:05] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]

Last edited: