[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MrUnhandy

Apr 18, 2015
OneWolfe, you might want to include the 1.7.10 server.jar in your server download instead of the .exe one, because I couldn't run the server with the .exe one, but with the .jar one I could.
Going to try out the pack with my buddy now, hope I'll like it. :)

Skoob

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, you might want to include the 1.7.10 server.jar in your server download instead of the .exe one, because I couldn't run the server with the .exe one, but with the .jar one I could.
Going to try out the pack with my buddy now, hope I'll like it. :)

how were you able to make a server?

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
possiable bug. the jackolantern quest isnt working for me

in the new version of TFC the pumpkins got there meta-data changed again so the unlit pumpkins dont have faces, could be the problem. Use /hqm edit to get a "cheat" book to complete the quest( or skip it till Onewolfe updates it in the next patch) :)

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
possiable bug. the jackolantern quest isnt working for me

its possible that its an id conflict between the 2 regular minecraft and terafirmacraft. There are a few bugs that me and OneWolfe are working on and trying to fix so for the time being by pass the quest book completely until the bug is fixed thats all i can seggest i will notify him and let him know if there are other bugs please dont hesitate to post. more bugs we find the less chances it'll happen again. we found one with terafirma and railcraft frames where it would cause a constant block fall for any gravity controlled block

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Dunne

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
it downloaded all the mods but when i start the server it just loads a vanilla server

http://puu.sh/hhJkS/7aabf82447.png

there is a puush of my folder

its just when we start it on a server it starts in vanilla but when single player its fine

make sure the world default is not DEFAULT but terafirma biome applyier server side and keep an eye on the loading log for the server. if the mods load down in the left hand corner can tell u its loaded on client side. when you change the world type you have to remove the old world and let it load a terrafirmacraft world

Last edited:

MrUnhandy

Apr 18, 2015
how were you able to make a server?
I think the problem you have is because you use the minecraft server.exe, you need to use the forge server.
You also need a 1.7.10 minecraft server.jar in the same folder, or else it won't work.
You might also want to run your server with more ram, just in case.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
I cant join the server.. I keep getting the timeout message.. I logged in today .. was loading new chunk and it timedout twice, when i hover over the players that are on the server, it says im already on :(, possible fix = deleting my player.dat file ... But i hope it doesnt come to that i had alot of good stuff on me from exploring.

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
I cant join the server.. I keep getting the timeout message.. I logged in today .. was loading new chunk and it timedout twice, when i hover over the players that are on the server, it says im already on :(, possible fix = deleting my player.dat file ... But i hope it doesnt come to that i had alot of good stuff on me from exploring.

are u using the version on the server message? if so thats weird

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Looks like the server has stalled, rebooting now.

Skoob

Jul 29, 2019
make sure the world default is not DEFAULT but terafirma biome applyier server side and keep an eye on the loading log for the server. if the mods load down in the left hand corner can tell u its loaded on client side. when you change the world type you have to remove the old world and let it load a terrafirmacraft world

I figured out how to bypass it, I loaded the server files for another mod pack I played and just deleted the folders and added the terrafirmapunk files in its place and loaded it which worked. Great mod so far. My spawn point was trash tho lol no clay anywhere but other then that me and my buddy havent had any real issues with it

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how to bypass it, I loaded the server files for another mod pack I played and just deleted the folders and added the terrafirmapunk files in its place and loaded it which worked. Great mod so far. My spawn point was trash tho lol no clay anywhere but other then that me and my buddy havent had any real issues with it

Thats great, glad you were able to get it working. I will make sure to include the .jar in the next update.

Skoob

Jul 29, 2019
soo question, does the large vessel go on your back like the wiki says? if so how do you place it there lol

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Restarting the server seemed to have worked ... but i could only play for 5 minutes and it timed out 3 times in a row and the server stalled again.. I really dont think the server likes loading the new chunks, with TFC world gen, ruins, mobs etc etc.. maybe adding more Ram to the server might help?

I would be up for a full fresh server restart, but i'm not sure how everyone would feel about that, I was just about to reach Iron age, but am happy to start again. The buildings in spawn could be easily McEdit'd over or Using the Mod Schematicia very easily :)I also suggest reducing the number of ruins and moving original spawn 4000 blocks North of where it is now :)

P.s. I also found one of the new worldgen'd library's, but everthing was rotated 90 degrees (stairs, bookcases, lamps etc)

warcommando2

Jul 29, 2019
Restarting the server seemed to have worked ... but i could only play for 5 minutes and it timed out 3 times in a row and the server stalled again.. I really dont think the server likes loading the new chunks, with TFC world gen, ruins, mobs etc etc.. maybe adding more Ram to the server might help?

I would be up for a full fresh server restart, but i'm not sure how everyone would feel about that, I was just about to reach Iron age, but am happy to start again. The buildings in spawn could be easily McEdit'd over or Using the Mod Schematicia very easily :)I also suggest reducing the number of ruins and moving original spawn 4000 blocks North of where it is now :)

P.s. I also found one of the new worldgen'd library's, but everthing was rotated 90 degrees (stairs, bookcases, lamps etc)

server side it seems the ram is filling up to quick but i have copied your message to OneWolfe. it is a possibility for a new world regen but if you enter a world seed more than once it will rotate 90 degree's, doesnt matter if its modded or not. If the seed say on a server is the same constantly but a world was backed up its fine and the world won't rotate 90 degree's every time. Every time a world seed is inputted on a fresh world it will rotate and can be disprienting to find your bearings, for this i recommened placing a waypoint where you first spawn, and every time you start a world over that way point will point you in the right area for the seed's actual spawn point. in terms of schematic's i can do that easily enough and have a library of schematic's for the builds and or when someone wants the schematic's i can give them to that player, or they can install schematica with the core mod required for it and they have it in there library. having schematica is not "cheating" as it is meant top help you build things at a faster rate.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

What is causing the issue are RailCraft Wire Frame Blocks. Last week I had only temporarily removed the ones at spawn but it seems that new ones are causing the same issues. I have gone ahead and removed them from the ruins. Please do not craft or place any of them in the world. Completely removing them in the configs just causes even more problems.

The server should be back up now.

Thank you for letting me know about this issue,
OneWolfe-