[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
TFC water works now with the Archimedes screw not for the manual addition of water to the Boiler. Right clicking with a Redsteel Bucket still brings up the GUI instead of adding water. When i first tried it a couple versions back only Vanilla Water worked with the screw now it dose not. I have not tried adding the initial water with a wood bucket. I will check that when i get home.

Bonus: Did you know you can move TCF Water source blocks down hill with Sluice boxes before you have Redsteel? They create another source block below the Sluice Box when properly placed. If you have water up above were you want your farm you can make a channel down to place the water in the middle of your 9x9 field.

It sounds like the TFC Water Compatibility mod is only partially working with Flaxbeards right now. Feel free to disable it and try using the vanilla water as long as your using Flaxbeards, Railcraft and the others should work fine with TFC water. I will continue to try contacting the dev for it, but he seems to be out of touch at the moment :(

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I would be interested, as I haven't played Minecraft in a while. IGN: ZephyrWindSpirit

Edit: I'm watching your youtube series with Spud on this pack. Watched nemsun play, and I'm quite eager to play, ONCE MY SPEECH IS TURNED IN.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I would be interested, as I haven't played Minecraft in a while. IGN: ZephyrWindSpirit

Edit: I'm watching your youtube series with Spud on this pack. Watched nemsun play, and I'm quite eager to play, ONCE MY SPEECH IS TURNED IN.

Yes Nemsun is doing a really great job with the pack :D

In my own series I am trying to post some of the tips and secrets ive built into it or discovered on my own ;)

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cant manage to make a wooden shelf from biblocraft on the TFC server, i remember doing it on my singleplayer world, Am i missing something or did something change? ( tried with multiple woods)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cant manage to make a wooden shelf from biblocraft on the TFC server, i remember doing it on my singleplayer world, Am i missing something or did something change? ( tried with multiple woods)

Are you using the Lumber or the wooden Blocks? The recipe should be for the lumber.

EgyptOverseer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes shaders are compatible with this modpack but you should modify some code of the shaderpacks cause TFC use different values as normal.

A friend as modify SEUS 10 do render it compatible with TPC and I've use it some times ago.

Search TFC forum for sample of code.

All the packs I have updated the vsh files for the correct IDs, and the shaders mod loads and detects the packs and initializes them but nothing changes visually...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm....that sure looks like the tower just over the hill from my log house...not saying i'd ever get close enough to have woken a beastie like this...uh uh..nope.

Reactions: Stephen Dunne

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any solutions to get saplings from trees? The scythe even seems to not give enough saplings and my forest is slowly being deforested.

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
I can't feed animal (use sneaking dont work too). Writes: "animal won't let you do that".

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any solutions to get saplings from trees? The scythe even seems to not give enough saplings and my forest is slowly being deforested.
you can punch them with your fist other then that i don't know.. I have noticed this as well, that you need to be somewhat lucky to get a plus in saplings, seems to be very dependent on the size of the canopy.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

The forest should eventually start to grow back. TFC has a feature where the Tall Grass grows back and Sapplings will eventually sprout in forested areas.

If your looking for a good supply of wood for charcoal I suggest using Willow or Douglas Fir. Both of these trees have a fairly good amount of wood and a lot of leaves to drop more sapplings.

Reactions: Kuro-Maii

pestalinc

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like the TFC Water Compatibility mod is only partially working with Flaxbeards right now. Feel free to disable it and try using the vanilla water as long as your using Flaxbeards, Railcraft and the others should work fine with TFC water. I will continue to try contacting the dev for it, but he seems to be out of touch at the moment :(

Wood Bucket dose not work. I tried all the TFC buckets and none work. I did get TFC water to go in from a bucket with Tubes. Specifically a tank tube on a regular tube. Right clicking the tank tube puts the TFC water in and it just flows into the Flaxbeards boiler. You should be able to make Tubes before Flaxbeards Boiler anyway.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Wood Bucket dose not work. I tried all the TFC buckets and none work. I did get TFC water to go in from a bucket with Tubes. Specifically a tank tube on a regular tube. Right clicking the tank tube puts the TFC water in and it just flows into the Flaxbeards boiler. You should be able to make Tubes before Flaxbeards Boiler anyway.

Thanks for looking into all of this for me :D

Egeis

Jul 29, 2019
Cant seem to get the Cellar working, im building a 5x2x5 interior on my survival map and kept getting "the cellar is not complete" when shift clicking the ice bunker. I tried again on creative map both the 5 and a 7x2x7 interior variation and had the same issue. Trying to figure out if its an issue with comparability with other mods or if Im making a mistake. One one of my creative builds was exactly like the one made on the example on the mods website / forum post.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Cant seem to get the Cellar working, im building a 5x2x5 interior on my survival map and kept getting "the cellar is not complete" when shift clicking the ice bunker. I tried again on creative map both the 5 and a 7x2x7 interior variation and had the same issue. Trying to figure out if its an issue with comparability with other mods or if Im making a mistake. One one of my creative builds was exactly like the one made on the example on the mods website / forum post.

Sorry for the trouble, but it seems Cellars is just Broken at the moment. I will probably just remove it in the next update :(