[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Great update Wolfe!! ... Could you by chance remove the possibility of getting firestones in reward bags.. I was so excited to get a Legendary reward bag till i opened it in my house.. I got a firestone in my inv, then within seconds my house, chests, tree farm, wood piles ALL BURNED TO THE GROUND!!.. I was able to load an old a previous version, but i think others might have some troubles... Also are the sluices broken mine seems to be working fine?

Yeah, I don't see a problem with removing the firestone from the reward bags since you can also get them from meteors.

Any rumor that Sluices are broken is of course false, but getting them set up is difficult and their results are not worth the time in my opinion so I don't use them. But with a little time and patience you can make them work.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
thanks .. and yeah ,i never actually use the sluice .. but i set it up when i made it and never really bothered with it since lol .. but they do work .. i got a gem after a couple of stacks of sand or gravel :p I'm seeing alot of bucket zombies too but i cant get them to drop a bucket when they die? I have a bucket from before .. but these guys havent dropped another since :)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
thanks .. and yeah ,i never actually use the sluice .. but i set it up when i made it and never really bothered with it since lol .. but they do work .. i got a gem after a couple of stacks of sand or gravel :p I'm seeing alot of bucket zombies too but i cant get them to drop a bucket when they die? I have a bucket from before .. but these guys havent dropped another since :)

Yeah, I think it was when I was doing some changes to the custom mobs that I may have changed the bucket zombie rates accidently.

EDIT: Looking at the zombie script I am not seeing a significant change to the Bucket Zombie however the other custom mobs have been adjusted so that there are less normal zombies and more Twilight Mobs, this may have altered the Bucket Zombie rates as an unexpected side effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen Dunne

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Had another meteor shower today ... it went on for quite a while with loud crazy booming noises ... I got so annoyed that i couldnt locate the noises and they wouldnt stop,so i jumped into creative, flew around for a minute, then i saw multiple meteors fall when i started moving into futher away chunk, 2 and 3 at a time most times. The noises wouldnt stop either till i located over 14 different meteors.. i was scared to fly futher incase more fell. I have a feeling thats not working as intended. :p Here are some screenshots.. I will post some of my house/set-up once i tidy up a bit and build some more :)
Sometimes the meteors start in the chunks you have loaded, and then wander off into unloaded ones. As soon as you move over a bit, they hit the ground. I haven't encountered the problem with the sound repeating though. But I have had experiences where I was basically at my base and a small area for a long time, then went out to explore. Multiple meteors would suddenly start dropping out of the sky

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
CHEERS! TERRAFIRMAPUNK IS FINALLY OUT OF BETA!

I want to thank everyone for all the help and support with getting the pack this far! It has been a long six months of work but I am pretty happy with the results :D :cool: :eek:

Here is a quick change log for version 1.0.0, I still need to go back and update the first post.
  • Mods added:
    • Back Tools
    • Better Foliage
    • Dragon Mounts (Quest Reward Only)
    • HerdCraft
    • Smart Moving
    • WAILA Harvestability
    • Merchants for TFC
    • Cellars for TFC
  • Quest Book Changes:
    • A Final Quest has been added with a very special reward.
    • Optional Quest and Chapters now marked with an (Optional) tag.
    • Due to RNG issues some quest items may not be found in every world so Help Quests have been added. These quests give negative Reputation so avoid using them unless absolutely necessary.
    • Twilight Boss Quests now give legendary reward bags.
    • Chapter 12 is now optional and the quests will provide reward bags when completed.
    • Chapter 13 is not part of the main story line so is also an Option chapter.
    • Wither Boss quest added.
    • Tame Critter Pets now appear in random reward bags.
    • Various other tweaks and fixes were made for this update.
  • Mobs Tweaked:
    • Armor Zombies may appear with random names from the Police Academy movies.
    • Armor Zombies may appear riding zombie horses. (Zombie Horses are not aggressive and do not despawn, Feature Removed)
    • Twilight Mob spawn rates increased
    • Ender Zoo added for the Wither Cats and Witches, but was removed due to a strange bug that made it so only Dire Wolves would spawn.
  • Ruins Added
    • Roman Columns
    • Sunken Observatory
    • Minotaur Maze entrance found on the surface
  • Recipes and other fixes:
    • Gems can no longer be placed as light sources. This was causing major issues with HQM so the feature was disabled.

Now that TFP is out of beta I will be focusing more on fixing bugs and game balance.

I have also started drawing up some plans for another TFC pack. A lot of the comments in this thread have been requests for adding magic mods like Thaumcraft, Blood Magic and Witchery. At the moment only Thaumcraft even seems feasible at this time but will take a huge amount of scripting to get it to recognize TFC items and blocks. So I thought to take the challenge of all the magic mods to its own project and see if I can make a working pack out of them. In its current state I have the list of mods with no fatal errors, yet, and will be trying to lay out a progression path so I can develop sets of quests and crafting recipes. While TerraFirmaPunk was ment to be a harcore challenge above and beyond the normal TFC this new project will be a step in the opposite direction and provide a much more relaxed game play. I want it to be fun since it will probably be a challenging experiment for me to see if I can make these mods even work together at all.

Thanks gain to everyone for all the help with this mod pack :D
OneWolfe-

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats Wolfe!! I really hope this pack gets added to the Launcher as a listed 3rd Party ModPack asap!! You deserve it for the crazy amount of work you have put into it.. Please let me know if there is anyway i can help with the New pack you are working on, (I play test alot of mods and know them inside out) or any additional help you need with TFP! :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats Wolfe!! I really hope this pack gets added to the Launcher as a listed 3rd Party ModPack asap!! You deserve it for the crazy amount of work you have put into it.. Please let me know if there is anyway i can help with the New pack you are working on, (I play test alot of mods and know them inside out) or any additional help you need with TFP! :D

Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it :D

Once I have the new project mostly playable I will definitly be putting it on FTB and looking for testers so I will be glad for any help i can get with it :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
There is an incompatibility in the Cellars mod 1.0 that prevents it from working with Railcraft "Air". You can download the update to fix it from the TFC Forum here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8083-tfc-07915-cellars-addon/

Just manually add it to the pack and disable the old version. It is now working for me. I just move all my food to my new 7x7 cold storage :D.

Cool, Thanks for letting me know, I will be sure to include it with the next update.

There are about 6 other mods that also need updating as well so I will take care of them and have something out possibly early next week.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently contracted a professional builder to work on a sweet Steampunk build for a TFP server. Definitely go check out her house on Hypermine!

Reactions: Stephen Dunne

Rubricae

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance I could get a direct download link to the (latest version) of the mod pack? I'm finding it extremely difficult to download via the launcher and it's not entirely a tech support problem (slow australian internet frequently prohibits FTB launcher from downloading modpack zips) - my only solution is to this is to download it through chrome and install it to FTB manually.

Great pack btw! my only criticism would be (if it hasn't yet changed) no easy way to re-acquire the HQM questbook ifyou die early on...which is something I tend to do.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance I could get a direct download link to the (latest version) of the mod pack? I'm finding it extremely difficult to download via the launcher and it's not entirely a tech support problem (slow australian internet frequently prohibits FTB launcher from downloading modpack zips) - my only solution is to this is to download it through chrome and install it to FTB manually.

Great pack btw! my only criticism would be (if it hasn't yet changed) no easy way to re-acquire the HQM questbook ifyou die early on...which is something I tend to do.

Wait, the book only requires 4 reeds, how is that too hard to get after you die?

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019

Have you tried going into the Launcher Options > Advanced options > Download Location > and changing that to CurseCDN, or another closer location might suit u better (being in Oz :) ) there is an Atlanta 1 & 2 & Auckland... I hope that helps :)

Reactions: OneWolfe

Rubricae

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, the book only requires 4 reeds, how is that too hard to get after you die?
Oh, my apologies - Didn't realise there was an alternative recipee X3 Thank you very much for the download though - makes my life a lot easier.
Have you tried going into the Launcher Options > Advanced options > Download Location > and changing that to CurseCDN, or another closer location might suit u better (being in Oz :) ) there is an Atlanta 1 & 2 & Auckland... I hope that helps :)
Tried that and every such advice given to me - nothing really works with the exception of having 'good days' in terms of my connection to curse. Don't think there's much of a solution when I can't really upgrade from my poor, slow ADSL connection.

EgyptOverseer

Jul 29, 2019
Bug reporting:

Shooting arrows only works against blocks. Drawing while aiming at mobs does not work, but when aimed at the ground next to it an arrow actually gets fired. Using vanilla bow with full quiver of vanilla arrows.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
I thought my world was quite empty. With an attempt to install Plant mega plant, everything was full of foliage and color that I can't even find any crops normally.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Bug reporting:

Shooting arrows only works against blocks. Drawing while aiming at mobs does not work, but when aimed at the ground next to it an arrow actually gets fired. Using vanilla bow with full quiver of vanilla arrows.

That is a really strange bug.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I thought my world was quite empty. With an attempt to install Plant mega plant, everything was full of foliage and color that I can't even find any crops normally.

That sounds like a really cool mod, do you have a link to a forum or website?