[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Had another meteor shower today ... it went on for quite a while with loud crazy booming noises ... I got so annoyed that i couldnt locate the noises and they wouldnt stop,so i jumped into creative, flew around for a minute, then i saw multiple meteors fall when i started moving into futher away chunk, 2 and 3 at a time most times. The noises wouldnt stop either till i located over 14 different meteors.. i was scared to fly futher incase more fell. I have a feeling thats not working as intended. :p Here are some screenshots.. I will post some of my house/set-up once i tidy up a bit and build some more :)

In the MeteorCraft config file there is a setting for meteor showers but I have to actually see one. It is also an optional mod so feel free to disable it at any time.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Improved Hedge Maze :D
M4bc7enh.png

Reactions: Stephen Dunne

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that is a serious amount of meteors.. I currently have had 2 occasions of a single meteor, both in different worlds. the first was at spawn and made a lot of noise every time I re-spawned, I found out that it went across the loaded chunk boundary, as I could see a vague smoke trail in the distance and as I got closer I started to make more noise and finally it dropped in the ocean just of the coast. the second is in my current world and crashed in to a mountain that was just a little bit away from my main mine.
the first had a lot of vanilla resources and I was really happy with all the glowstone I got form it. the second took me really long to locate and it is now a big chunk of end stone ( don't know if it was meant do be or not.. and I don't really mind ).

I hope I will come across some more in the future. as I want to see what they all drop. ( no spoilers please!! )

Reactions: OneWolfe

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
in bug report news:

the quest "milk maid" is broken, I have milked a cow several times now and the book still tells me that I have not done so..

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
I am streaming today on https://beam.pro/Kuro-Maii
so any one who wan't to join me is welcome to come and watch

I will start around 19:30 CEST

EDIT: stopped early due to graphics problems.... got no clue why, thou

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.0 Official Release! Added lots of client mods that have been requested many times, plus a couple of TFC addons and a few new ruins.​

Just saw this and got really excited. Can't wait for this to hit the launcher!

I would very much like to play on a public server as well.

Last edited:

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great work!

With the update to the official 1.0, the grass has an excessive amount of particles, whether I turn particles off or not. Do you have any idea what mod caused this? Everything was fine prior to the update and I used the PaintedCraft resource pack, so all of those particles are now grey/white. Even in vanilla, the amount of grass particles is a bit too much, as it is on every block.

Thanks!

EDIT: It was BetterFoliage that caused it. It wasn't listed in your mod list on the first post, so nothing stood out. I saw it in the FTB loader, disabled it, and all is well again.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great work!

With the update to the official 1.0, the grass has an excessive amount of particles, whether I turn particles off or not. Do you have any idea what mod caused this? Everything was fine prior to the update and I used the PaintedCraft resource pack, so all of those particles are now grey/white. Even in vanilla, the amount of grass particles is a bit too much, as it is on every block.

Thanks!

EDIT: It was BetterFoliage that caused it. It wasn't listed in your mod list on the first post, so nothing stood out. I saw it in the FTB loader, disabled it, and all is well again.

It was only just added, I will update the list and get a change log posted in the morning :D

Reactions: Batch2

Warshadows

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great job! I've been looking for a modpack with terrafirmacraft for a while and this modpack is just awesome, with the hardcore questing mod very well used.

I have a problem updating to version 1.0.0 though, the installer says "Error. Couldn't download the files!"

Edit: 3 tries later and everything worked just fine. Dunno what it was.

Also, is this new version completely save game compatible? are there new worldgen things we have to explore to get them?

And once again, love your work, thanks!

Last edited:

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
It was only just added, I will update the list and get a change log posted in the morning :D

No worries. Thanks again for the great pack. Love that you added Cellars.

I wish the sluices would get fixed, though. I have not found a single copper node and I have searched a TON of area. Progression is a pain when you have to resort to panning. :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. Thanks again for the great pack. Love that you added Cellars.

I wish the sluices would get fixed, though. I have not found a single copper node and I have searched a TON of area. Progression is a pain when you have to resort to panning. :D

Have you found any nuggets on the surface. There is always a vein underneath the area where you find nuggets on the surface. Also check the rock types that your exploring, there will never be any ore in the wrong types of rock.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great job! I've been looking for a modpack with terrafirmacraft for a while and this modpack is just awesome, with the hardcore questing mod very well used.

I have a problem updating to version 1.0.0 though, the installer says "Error. Couldn't download the files!"

Edit: 3 tries later and everything worked just fine. Dunno what it was.

Also, is this new version completely save game compatible? are there new worldgen things we have to explore to get them?

And once again, love your work, thanks!

I hope the DL issue isn't permanent like is has been for a few previous versions :(

There should not be any reason to start a new map for update 1.0.0. Any new ruins added in this update are just for some extra flavor and are not required for any quests. However exploration is always advised and is one of the key points of this pack but it is not required.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Warshadows

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing some exploration and i think there might be some conflict between Twilight Forest and TerraFirmaCraft, basically a naga (with its biome and structure) appeared in my overworld. Or is this supposed to happen? I have heard before that Biomes o Plenty has some conflicts with Twilight Forest so it may be that.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the DL issue isn't permanent like is has been for a few previous versions :(

I have had no issue downloading the new version and am playing it right now!

The pack runs great though I had some lag issues that seem to have abated when I disabled better foliage...

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
Have you found any nuggets on the surface. There is always a vein underneath the area where you find nuggets on the surface. Also check the rock types that your exploring, there will never be any ore in the wrong types of rock.

Nope. No copper-related nuggets found. It's been a trial of patience, to be sure. :)

Jharii

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing some exploration and i think there might be some conflict between Twilight Forest and TerraFirmaCraft, basically a naga (with its biome and structure) appeared in my overworld. Or is this supposed to happen? I have heard before that Biomes o Plenty has some conflicts with Twilight Forest so it may be that.

No Biomes O' Plenty in this pack that I can see. And yes, Twilight Forest structures and some mobs can spawn in the overworld. At least, that has been my experience and some screen shots I have seen would indicate that this is intentional.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Great update Wolfe!! ... Could you by chance remove the possibility of getting firestones in reward bags.. I was so excited to get a Legendary reward bag till i opened it in my house.. I got a firestone in my inv, then within seconds my house, chests, tree farm, wood piles ALL BURNED TO THE GROUND!!.. I was able to load an old a previous version, but i think others might have some troubles... Also are the sluices broken mine seems to be working fine?