[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Ah founds it ... I notice in Reika's changelogs in v5 ".... (version v5b is out too)
  • DragonAPI: Made version checker more pack-friendly (end-users only see update notifications after two weeks or after falling more than one major version behind)
(Tested and working).... :)
He also added a checker disable command in-game .. /checker disable (mod name) .. I used this for the 4 mods that needed updating Rotarycraft/Meteorcraft/Critter Pet/Electricraft.. I'm sure it could be added to a config :)

oh btw.. there is a config to disable forgemodloader from checking all the mods when u load into your world. (that annoying spam at in the chatbox everytime u log in on anymodpack)

In the forge.cfg set "disableVersionCheck=false" to true :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Cheers! Update Version 0.0.17 is here with some cool new features!

Qr80Vb8h.png

It looks like version 0.0.17 was pushed out sooner than expected, so here is a quick change log:
  • MultiMine added.
  • Dragon API, RotaryCraft, ElectriCraft ect. updated, and the annoying out of date message suppressed, for now ...
  • NEI updated.
  • Water Compatibility Mod added. It still does not work with Flaxbeards so a vanilla bucket is still required.
  • Steam Zombies nerfed. They no longer regen or have sun blocking hats! (I really hated spending half the day clearing up the left over steam zombies)
  • Spawn rates altered, there should now be a higher rate of special (Twilight Forest) mobs.
  • Normal Zombies and Steam Zombies may appear with unique names.
  • Various Recipes Fix/Added. Vanilla Sticks are craftable, TFC sticks can be crafted from lumber using a hammer, Slimeballs are craftable by smashing rotten flesh with a hammer, Rock Salt is once again craftable with a hammer.
  • Enchanting Table recipe changed.
  • Gems are upgrade-able, similar to Diablo II.
  • Railcraft Lanterns are craftable.
  • Enchanted items added as quest rewards.
  • Various quests added, updated or moved. Chapter 12 should begin to open up around the middle of chapter 2 (150 rep required). Chapter 11 boss mob quests are flushed out and require 1000 rep to unlock the first quests.
  • Over 100 loot bag categories have been added. Rewards include everything from rotten flesh, full life hearts, and basic mechanics tool kit all the way up to specialized rotarycraft items and even unique and powerful named weapons.
  • Several ruins have been added as shown in the picture above. The foreground ruin was my blocky rendition of the liberty head, burried in the dirt, from the old Planet of the Apes, and in the background is a light house that may contain a special boss.

In other news I recently started a play through series of this pack with my buddy Spud_Gunn. The series should cover some of the tricks and secrets I have built into the pack so its definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
.... so I just updated and logged in to my of stream world and the following things happen:

1) my inventory is completely empty ( this could be a thing because I died and I don't know where me grave is. as it's been a while that I played anything )
2) the date has reset ( okay, so be it )
3) I hear a burning sound near my house, I could not find the source so I muted the stream I was watching at the side, the burning sound stopped so I assumed it was in the stream, next thing I know is it is 2 nights in and my house is burning down to the ground...

once the fire died I looked around for any remains of all the stuff I had and nothing is left, so I started to look for the source of the fire. I can't seem to find it...
So did something change with the way torches 'light up' the place?

Never mind.... It happened again after I opened my grave, that happened during the fire, and I found out what did it... thanks I guess for the rare item...

Last edited:

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
is any body else unable to get a pit kiln to work?

every time I make a pit kiln it burns a little while and then it breaks.
I get every thing I put in it back except for the straw.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
.... so I just updated and logged in to my of stream world and the following things happen:

1) my inventory is completely empty ( this could be a thing because I died and I don't know where me grave is. as it's been a while that I played anything )
2) the date has reset ( okay, so be it )
3) I hear a burning sound near my house, I could not find the source so I muted the stream I was watching at the side, the burning sound stopped so I assumed it was in the stream, next thing I know is it is 2 nights in and my house is burning down to the ground...

once the fire died I looked around for any remains of all the stuff I had and nothing is left, so I started to look for the source of the fire. I can't seem to find it...
So did something change with the way torches 'light up' the place?

Never mind.... It happened again after I opened my grave, that happened during the fire, and I found out what did it... thanks I guess for the rare item...

Congrats you found a fire stone! :eek:

NO this was not supposed to happen! I have seen this before when I was first starting to publish the pack. Between versions 8 and 9 I tried to remove DragonAPI and RotaryCraft from the pack because I wasn't going to use them at the time. But what happened when I did was that maps created prior to the change suddenly had firestones all over the ground. It seems that DragonAPI changes a lot of item and block IDs and all of the loose stones on the ground got turned into firestones :(

I am very sorry about your house my friend :'(

Please remember to always BACKUP and COPY your world before updating the pack.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
is any body else unable to get a pit kiln to work?

every time I make a pit kiln it burns a little while and then it breaks.
I get every thing I put in it back except for the straw.

Are you trying to light a pit kiln right next to another lit kiln?

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Does version 17 fix the Quern quest? Firstly you have to make 2 handstones .. can't think why.. and then it completely fails to detect them..

There's also an interesting feature with torches and carpenters blocks.. if you make a floor/ceiling with carpenters block and then place a torch beneath the block the torch goes out, so now you have to place torches half way up your walls..

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Does version 17 fix the Quern quest? Firstly you have to make 2 handstones .. can't think why.. and then it completely fails to detect them..

There's also an interesting feature with torches and carpenters blocks.. if you make a floor/ceiling with carpenters block and then place a torch beneath the block the torch goes out, so now you have to place torches half way up your walls..

Sorry, didn't know that quest was broken, thanks for letting me know :D

That is a really interesting effect with the torches, I wonder if it also happens when placing a carpenters block on top of the torch.

EDIT: Quick question, is there a reason you have to have the ceiling made of carpenters blocks? Are there other blocks that might work, maybe halfslabs or something?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

I think I might know why that quest isn't working ... its because they have damage values. Try making new ones and make sure to keep both in your inventory at the same time.

I will work on fixing the quest ASAP :D

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats you found a fire stone! :eek:

NO this was not supposed to happen! I have seen this before when I was first starting to publish the pack. Between versions 8 and 9 I tried to remove DragonAPI and RotaryCraft from the pack because I wasn't going to use them at the time. But what happened when I did was that maps created prior to the change suddenly had firestones all over the ground. It seems that DragonAPI changes a lot of item and block IDs and all of the loose stones on the ground got turned into firestones :(

I am very sorry about your house my friend :'(

Please remember to always BACKUP and COPY your world before updating the pack.

Nope it was a fire stone from a reward back. so no worries about that.
also I decided to start the world over. I am going to use the same world for streaming as soon as I have setup OBS again.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Are you trying to light a pit kiln right next to another lit kiln?

I made it in under the open sky and only one kiln so it "should" have worked unless TFC changed that...
I just made another one under a log roof and it worked just fine...

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Nope it was a fire stone from a reward back. so no worries about that.
also I decided to start the world over. I am going to use the same world for streaming as soon as I have setup OBS again.

About a year ago, I burnt down our spawn house on the server with one of those ...
I thought that reward was ultra rare tho ... I might have to change it.

I made it in under the open sky and only one kiln so it "should" have worked unless TFC changed that...
I just made another one under a log roof and it worked just fine...

In my recent play through I have used both underground and above ground pit kilns with no problems except for the spacing issue ...

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
If I make a 3 high support beam with a horizontal connection them, shouldn't I be able to build a cobblestone chimney around it? I tried it with Arcadia beams and it was collapsing.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
If I make a 3 high support beam with a horizontal connection them, shouldn't I be able to build a cobblestone chimney around it? I tried it with Arcadia beams and it was collapsing.

I am pretty sure that the support beams wont work that way.

Try using carpenters blocks for cobble structures :D

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Where are you in the tech tree? I am guessing iron or steel by now ...
in that world I had barely enough resources to get my self any form of bronze... so that would be a "bha, No where near",
although the ground was iron rich I had to travel 500 blocks to get copper and over 2500 to get bismuth, food was a major issue so I was more often spending my day fishing then going on a mining trip.
I got a new world now and I see a lot of different ores in the cliff faces, still in the stone age thou.
one of the reasons for me being in the stone age is that I moved to a plains biome and all the valuable stuff was in a large vessel on my back when I had an unfortunate meetup with some unknown mobs in a willow tree near my new home. I died there and although there was a grave stone it contained every thing EXCEPT for that one vessel. so that was a major setback from having a lot of food to "might as well just have spanned".

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
in that world I had barely enough resources to get my self any form of bronze... so that would be a "bha, No where near",
although the ground was iron rich I had to travel 500 blocks to get copper and over 2500 to get bismuth, food was a major issue so I was more often spending my day fishing then going on a mining trip.
I got a new world now and I see a lot of different ores in the cliff faces, still in the stone age thou.
one of the reasons for me being in the stone age is that I moved to a plains biome and all the valuable stuff was in a large vessel on my back when I had an unfortunate meetup with some unknown mobs in a willow tree near my new home. I died there and although there was a grave stone it contained every thing EXCEPT for that one vessel. so that was a major setback from having a lot of food to "might as well just have spanned".

Unfortunately Gravestones dosnt recognize the back slot as a valid inventory and I don't know how to fix it short of recoding the GraveStones mod.
I think anything on the players back just gets destroyed :'(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
As I get closer to finishing the quest book, and the pack as a whole I keep thinking of a good end for the book. Right now the book has a chapter called "The End of Twilight," which I had originally wanted to be the last chapter, but over time I have added several chapters after that. I would like these chapters to be optional since they are not required to complete the tech tree. For example, the Collectors chapter. I know a lot of players who like to collect everything in the game, but I don't want to force everyone to gather huge piles of ores and other raw materials, its just a way for the collector types to keep track of their stash, and it gives a little reputation bonus as well.

The over all goal of the quest book is to reach a reputation level of 'THE STEAMPUNKED' which is around 10000 rep points.

But I would still like to have a nice climactic boss fight to end the book on so I tried to find a way to spawn the End Dragon in the over world. Using another mob riding an end dragon worked pretty well at first, until I actually killed the dragon which then proceeded to create an end portal. Just having an end portal in the overworld crashed the game and made the map unusable. I might try to remove the portal with MCedit, but for the average player this will mean the end of the game.

Unless you guys think this would be a perfect way to end the quest book by simply just crashing the game I will try to find some other kind of end quest. Blip - Game Over dosnt feel very climactic to me tho ...

The wither boss seems doable as well, I will need to test it out first before actually implementing a quest for it.