[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
I've played TerraFirmaCraft before and have long wished that it could be put together with Thaumcraft. A few days ago I stumbled across a reference to TechnoFirmaCraft's inclusion of Thaumcraft, so I started playing it right away. I'm four casted copper tools into the game, so I'm really just beginning, but so far it's been delightful.

I've already stumbled into a hungry node, which ate me and everything I owned. I'm sure it was just the modpack's way of congratulating me on casting my first copper tool - a saw. No worries, if things were easy it would be boring.

Okay, my question: the hqm questbook has quests listed as being available, but there doesn't seem to be any way to complete them. Is this still a work in progress?

Either way, What a great modpack! Thank you.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a seemingly unending supply of Tin in a far off granite island (which also provided the granite for a stone anvil). Still no sign of sedimentary I can make into flux anywhere, though. I would also like to know how to open the locked sections of the quest book.

atheoang3l0

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get the FPS++ mod? I'm also making my own mod pack, and I'm currently looking for mods that improve performance apart from FastCraft. Fishtaco's FPS++ mod is outdated.

Also, are you still planning on updating your John Smith resource pack for TFC?

Last edited:

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I've searched huge distances in all directions, and have still yet to find a single source of flux or salt. :( Why can't I just evaporate saltwater for salt? Why do I need to mine salt to put salt in water to make "lime water" before I can process leather, instead of just using the sea? Last time I played a modpack with Enviromine, Crash Landing, there was a recipe to cook a bottle of water or salt water to get salt, that was helpful.

I did at least, though, find two Greatwood trees. They behave super weird and unlike the rest of the trees (their leaves aren't affected by the scythe and collapse off the tree when disturbed due to enviromine), but I've now got a ton of logs and a few saplings at least. Does the elemental shards spawn in oregen? I haven't seen any so far, although of course my ability to mine has hardly been extensive.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I've played TerraFirmaCraft before and have long wished that it could be put together with Thaumcraft. A few days ago I stumbled across a reference to TechnoFirmaCraft's inclusion of Thaumcraft, so I started playing it right away. I'm four casted copper tools into the game, so I'm really just beginning, but so far it's been delightful.

I've already stumbled into a hungry node, which ate me and everything I owned. I'm sure it was just the modpack's way of congratulating me on casting my first copper tool - a saw. No worries, if things were easy it would be boring.

Okay, my question: the hqm questbook has quests listed as being available, but there doesn't seem to be any way to complete them. Is this still a work in progress?

Either way, What a great modpack! Thank you.
I just found a seemingly unending supply of Tin in a far off granite island (which also provided the granite for a stone anvil). Still no sign of sedimentary I can make into flux anywhere, though. I would also like to know how to open the locked sections of the quest book.

The current quest book is kind of a wiki. Next update actual quests are being added.

Where did you get the FPS++ mod? I'm also making my own mod pack, and I'm currently looking for mods that improve performance apart from FastCraft. Fishtaco's FPS++ mod is outdated.

Also, are you still planning on updating your John Smith resource pack for TFC?

When testing, I did notice an increase in FPS with FPS++, so I included it in the hopes of improving performance of the pack. I will update the resource pack, but right now I do not have the time to do so.

I've searched huge distances in all directions, and have still yet to find a single source of flux or salt. :( Why can't I just evaporate saltwater for salt? Why do I need to mine salt to put salt in water to make "lime water" before I can process leather, instead of just using the sea? Last time I played a modpack with Enviromine, Crash Landing, there was a recipe to cook a bottle of water or salt water to get salt, that was helpful.

I did at least, though, find two Greatwood trees. They behave super weird and unlike the rest of the trees (their leaves aren't affected by the scythe and collapse off the tree when disturbed due to enviromine), but I've now got a ton of logs and a few saplings at least. Does the elemental shards spawn in oregen? I haven't seen any so far, although of course my ability to mine has hardly been extensive.

Next update, you will be able to evaporate salt water to get salt. Vis shards do spawn in world, however they are not detected with the pro. pick, to find them, you will need to use a prospecting focus (Use NEI for recipe, it is not in the Thaumonomicon).

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the response. Got a bug to report, I think: Squid seeds, from pneumaticraft, need to be planted in water, but either because the water is different from TFC (salt/fresh/hot etc) or item physics making them bob, can never settle down and plant. Ender seeds need end stone and I don't know if there's a way to get that in TFC.

Also I finally after traveling for thousands of blocks found a tiny marble island and got flux, yay

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
The current quest book is kind of a wiki. Next update actual quests are being added.

When testing, I did notice an increase in FPS with FPS++, so I included it in the hopes of improving performance of the pack. I will update the resource pack, but right now I do not have the time to do so.

Next update, you will be able to evaporate salt water to get salt. Vis shards do spawn in world, however they are not detected with the pro. pick, to find them, you will need to use a prospecting focus (Use NEI for recipe, it is not in the Thaumonomicon).

Hello, is there any estimate of when the modpack be updated?

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to take new metal from the crucible and use it without having to cool it all the way down to remove it from its cast? The forge is ~so slow~

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Pressing "s" to combine stacks of food with fish turns them into unusable minecraft fish instead of TFC fish?

That is due to a compatibility with Thaumcraft, try combining the fish in the crafting menu.

Is there a way to take new metal from the crucible and use it without having to cool it all the way down to remove it from its cast? The forge is ~so slow~

No, the forge speed accidentally got nerfed last update. It is being bumped back to default setting next update.

Hello, is there any estimate of when the modpack be updated?

Soon :)

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips for a good way to find my first few shards so that I can craft the Thaumometer? Randomly digging down to Y<65 in the hopes of finding some isn't working out to be terribly efficient.

Also, in NEI the Thaumometer recipie calls specifically for air shards - will any of the types work?

Also also, NEI gives no recipie for a prospecting wand focus. NEI will show its existsnce, it just does't provide a recipie. Is there another way to figure these things out?

Great mod pack! Thanks.

dirtydevel

Jul 29, 2019
i have a small (or maybe large) problem. every time i log in the server crashes, i suspect i am loading something thats causing the server to crash. if you have any ideas on how this can be resolved and what to do in the mean time, please let me know.

~Dirtydevel

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips for a good way to find my first few shards so that I can craft the Thaumometer? Randomly digging down to Y<65 in the hopes of finding some isn't working out to be terribly efficient.

Also, in NEI the Thaumometer recipie calls specifically for air shards - will any of the types work?

Also also, NEI gives no recipie for a prospecting wand focus. NEI will show its existsnce, it just does't provide a recipie. Is there another way to figure these things out?

Great mod pack! Thanks.

Only air shards will work for the Thaumometer. Restart MC to see the focus recipe, sometimes it bugs out and won't show.

i have a small (or maybe large) problem. every time i log in the server crashes, i suspect i am loading something thats causing the server to crash. if you have any ideas on how this can be resolved and what to do in the mean time, please let me know.

~Dirtydevel

This problem is solved for next update, which should be coming out in the next two days or so, depending on how fast FTB is, and my internet. In the mean time, if you give me your UUID, I can delete your player file and you never go near where you currently are, that should be a good temp fix.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Just sent an update request to FTB.
Update 2.12.0

Forge Version: 10.13.4.1448

Added CTMLib
Added CreativeCore
Added CustomChestLoot
Added SpecialAI
Added MobProperties
Added Immersive Engineering
Added JourneyMapServer
Added MerchantsContainers
Added CustomModpack

Updated to TFC 0.79.22 and updated several other mods
Fixed EA blocks vanishing
Added recipe to make silverwood saplings
added chest cart recipe
added automated ingot production
fixed several bugs and broken recipes
added recipe for quicksilver
added TFC gold to vanilla gold conversion
fixed NEI vanishing
Added new music by Adrian van Ziegler, permissions for this music can be found in the description of this video
Fixed ingot heating
Did various other things

Official Public Server will update after the update goes live on FTB, with a map reset.

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
First, congratulations on modpack, I'm really enjoying playing and especially on a public server.

- It would be possible to create a spawn area where players can make trade? So we could create a trade of Addon Merchants

Very good this new update and reset the map. Too bad that now arrived at and iron'll have to start over.
I would like to talk a suggestion in the last days went fairly players with Brazilian origin, I always communicate by private but to facilitate communication among all Brazilians, is there any way to create a separate area in the chat?
Thank you

Nesix1787

Jul 29, 2019
First, congratulations on modpack, I'm really enjoying playing and especially on a public server.

- It would be possible to create a spawn area where players can make trade? So we could create a trade of Addon Merchants

Very good this new update and reset the map. Too bad that now arrived at and iron'll have to start over.
I would like to talk a suggestion in the last days went fairly players with Brazilian origin, I always communicate by private but to facilitate communication among all Brazilians, is there any way to create a separate area in the chat?
Thank you
If you type /Msg<playername> it will open a new box on the chat tabs that you can switch to and chat on without cluttering up the main server chat

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to run a newly setup server on version 2.12.0. When trying to connect a client I'm getting the error:
The following microblock are not installed on this client: tile.water
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Reactions: dirtydevel

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
Kev12east, on the off chance that you're unaware of this:

When environmine causes ice to break underfoot, the water source block that formed the ice is not replaced. Now that spring has arrived, the ocean near my home is pockmarked with missing water blocks. It's like a water block stealing mechanic that's trying to one-up endermen dirt block greifing.

I'm looking forward to 2.12.0! Maybe it'll have propogated to ftb by this afternoon.

Reactions: Pudding01