[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

ZeroShame

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck on only the 2x2 crafting grid, for some reason i can't combine 4 planks into a crafting table.
I haven't played this modpack in a while so am not completely aware of all the changes. Is the recipe different or am I doing something else wrong?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to run a newly setup server on version 2.12.0. When trying to connect a client I'm getting the error:
The following microblock are not installed on this client: tile.water
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Pushing 2.12.1, which fixes this issue. Should be live soon-ish

Kev12east, on the off chance that you're unaware of this:

When environmine causes ice to break underfoot, the water source block that formed the ice is not replaced. Now that spring has arrived, the ocean near my home is pockmarked with missing water blocks. It's like a water block stealing mechanic that's trying to one-up endermen dirt block greifing.

I'm looking forward to 2.12.0! Maybe it'll have propogated to ftb by this afternoon.

I am aware of this issue, and looking for a way to solve it.

I just saw this on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3b8lye/this_addon_makes_it_possible_to_connect/
The addon is called ZettaIndustries
It could be nice to use the amazing Immersive Engineering power transmission system with Open Computer (It adds telecommunication wires)
The link probably won't display since it is my very first post on the forum.

I will look into adding it.

I'm stuck on only the 2x2 crafting grid, for some reason i can't combine 4 planks into a crafting table.
I haven't played this modpack in a while so am not completely aware of all the changes. Is the recipe different or am I doing something else wrong?

Are you useing plank blocks to craft the grid? Also, greatwood will not craft the table, it must be TFC wood.

ZeroShame

Jul 29, 2019
Are you useing plank blocks to craft the grid? Also, greatwood will not craft the table, it must be TFC wood.

I used normal TFC pine plank blocks. Tried it with spruce plank blocks as well.
Basically using the original terrafirmacraft recipe.

When I look up a crafting table in NEI it doesn't have a recipe. Not sure if it should show up there though.

Just tried it in creative, doesn't work there either. Tried removing the modpack and redownloading, When i tried to make a new creative world it crashed when making the world. restarted minecraft and joined the new world. Won't let me upgrade my crafting grid.

Might try formatting my whole pc, need to upgrade to win 10 anyways and really like this modpack :(

Last edited:

Dutchcook

Jul 29, 2019
The issue is caused by the script 2.12.zs in the scripts folder

There is a line to disable the tfc workbench, and as far as i could see nothing to substitute it.
I erased the line from the script and can now craft it without problem.

ZeroShame

Jul 29, 2019
The issue is caused by the script 2.12.zs in the scripts folder

There is a line to disable the tfc workbench, and as far as i could see nothing to substitute it.
I erased the line from the script and can now craft it without problem.

That did indeed fix it. Thanks!

for anyone else wondering, this was the line:
recipes.removeShaped(<terrafirmacraft:Workbench>, [[<ore:plankWood>, <ore:plankWood>], [<ore:plankWood>, <ore:plankWood>]]);

(without : p instead of the smilies ofc)

Dutchcook

Jul 29, 2019
There are still issues connecting to the server though. It started out missing the file as described before.
From last night untill some time ago the client crashed attempting to log in.
Now the server denies acces because we are not whitelisted on the server.

Also there is an issue with crafting boats for the same reason as the workbench. Though this may be intentionally.

And glad i could help zeroshame

Nesix1787

Jul 29, 2019
There are still issues connecting to the server though. It started out missing the file as described before.

Also there is an issue with crafting boats for the same reason as the workbench. Though this may be intentionally.

Server is on a higher ver. Ducthcook 2.12.1 We (Client) are still on 2.12.0....

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
Just sent an update request to FTB.
Update 2.12.0

Forge Version: 10.13.4.1448

Added CTMLib
Added CreativeCore
Added CustomChestLoot
Added SpecialAI
Added MobProperties
Added Immersive Engineering
Added JourneyMapServer
Added MerchantsContainers
Added CustomModpack

Updated to TFC 0.79.22 and updated several other mods
Fixed EA blocks vanishing
Added recipe to make silverwood saplings
added chest cart recipe
added automated ingot production
fixed several bugs and broken recipes
added recipe for quicksilver
added TFC gold to vanilla gold conversion
fixed NEI vanishing
Added new music by Adrian van Ziegler, permissions for this music can be found in the description of this video
Fixed ingot heating
Did various other things

Official Public Server will update after the update goes live on FTB, with a map reset.

"Added JourneyMapServer" Now we can see the online map of the web? What is the address to access the map? Some will need to register?

Thank you

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
That did indeed fix it. Thanks!

for anyone else wondering, this was the line:
recipes.removeShaped(<terrafirmacraft:Workbench>, [[<ore:plankWood>, <ore:plankWood>], [<ore:plankWood>, <ore:plankWood>]]);

(without : p instead of the smilies ofc)

Fixed for 2.12.1

The server is whitelist only while I fix some issue.

Reactions: Pudding01

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hotfix 2.12.1 has been pushed to FTB, when they update it should correct the inability to connect to Technofirma servers, including the OPS. Also fixes not being able to obtain the 3x3 crafting grid and boats, and being able to obtain the 3x3 crafting grid with greatwood planks.

JCM

Jul 29, 2019
How much time before the update is avaialable for users to update? Still not showing in the launcher. :/

First time using a modpack, so Idk what is the ftb policy for update (like, they need to be reviewed before?)

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
How much time before the update is avaialable for users to update? Still not showing in the launcher. :/

First time using a modpack, so Idk what is the ftb policy for update (like, they need to be reviewed before?)

For 3rd party packs, an update request is sent to FTB with a download link, they check to make sure you have the perms to use the mods, then they upload it to their hosting servers for the packs. FTB is aware of this update, and it has been approved, it is awaiting upload to their servers.

OmegaAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Plz fix the server soon me and my friends really want to play on it looks like a great mod pack keep up the good work :D

mrmorse

Jul 29, 2019
Saw this under news. Seems like Nesix1787 is right. I'd argue that this is an emergency hotfix considering that no one can even play SP, but maybe that doesn't count for third party packs.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-news-august-21st-2015.107106/

FTB on Vacation:

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that Feed The Beast will be taking a small break for the next two weeks. The reason, you ask? We'll all be traveling! Between doing the convention circuit at PAX and personal trips, pretty much the entire FTB Core team will be out of office. Busy busy busy!

Aside from emergency hotfixes, all of our packs will be temporarily frozen until we return on September 4th. See you then!

monkeycars

Jul 29, 2019
it would be possible to make available for download the patch from modpack?

that's exactly what i was thinking. we'd all get it immediately and any bugs could be re patched ASAP. and once its all fixed. then upload to FTB for the third party approval and waiting, but by then we all have a working patch anyway so the wait is no matter. just use one of them public downloads or download codes that throws it in, no waiting for approval.

*after talking around on the IRC i got a hold of the people in charge of the updates. i was told nothing for 2 weeks or until they get laptop access and are told which update to do by the creator. i was told the best bet is to make it downloadable by ourselves to to get past waiting till PAX is done. but they are now aware of the update and might get to it soon so who knows if they even can though.

Last edited: