[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Aite, complete noob here, how do I get wheat seeds? I can't seem to be getting them out of grass.

EDIT: Just realized I posted before with the same starting sentence, lol. Help would be appreciated tho.

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Use a hoe on grass without water near.
Gives all different kind of seeds, mainly wheat, carrots, potatoes and canola.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, just for clarification, you need to use a hoe on a grass block that is not near water. This will effectively turn the grass block into a dirt block, and sometimes pop a random seed out of the ground. At this time, it is configured to pop all vanilla seeds (including melon and pumpkin seeds), agricraft carrot and potato seeds, and canola.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing something slightly odd in worldgen - I was wandering through a surface cave in my seemingly endless quest for copper, when I found some sky stone stairs. Just two of them, side by side. Not entirely sure what they were doing there!
HTvArxp.png
There was dirt on top of the stairs too, but I broke it to see if they lead anywhere.
Also, I didn't get my starting sleeping bag in 1.3. Otherwise, nice work!

(Sorry if this came up as a reply, I was going to say something about not seeing any of the changes from 1.2 to 1.3, but then realised I'd installed 1.2. D'oh!)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing something slightly odd in worldgen - I was wandering through a surface cave in my seemingly endless quest for copper, when I found some sky stone stairs. Just two of them, side by side. Not entirely sure what they were doing there!
HTvArxp.png
There was dirt on top of the stairs too, but I broke it to see if they lead anywhere.

Did you see any other strange items in places they shouldn't have spawned?

Also, I didn't get my starting sleeping bag in 1.3. Otherwise, nice work!

(Sorry if this came up as a reply, I was going to say something about not seeing any of the changes from 1.2 to 1.3, but then realised I'd installed 1.2. D'oh!)

DId you install 1.3 fresh, or did you upgrade the modpack? There's been some instances where the game screws up if you don't first delete "SurvivalIndustry" from the FTB folder before installing 1.3, due to the drastic changes made to the game (removing Tinker's Construct and Thermal Foundation). Since these mods include a lot of ores and worldgen (which I had used previously), it's possible that their removal might have corrupted the game world.

Does the "no sleeping bag" issue happen in every new game you generate?

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Did you see any other strange items in places they shouldn't have spawned?
No, and in fact, I re-created the world, found that spot again, and this time there was saltpeter ore where those stairs had been before.

DId you install 1.3 fresh, or did you upgrade the modpack? There's been some instances where the game screws up if you don't first delete "SurvivalIndustry" from the FTB folder before installing 1.3, due to the drastic changes made to the game (removing Tinker's Construct and Thermal Foundation). Since these mods include a lot of ores and worldgen (which I had used previously), it's possible that their removal might have corrupted the game world.

Does the "no sleeping bag" issue happen in every new game you generate?[/QUOTE]

I installed from fresh. However, my game did stop responding whilst first generating the world, and after a while of hanging, I killed it. Maybe explains one or both problems? Because I've tried a new world since and got my sleeping bag just fine!

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, yes, if you kill the game while it's generating a world, random stuff can find its way in. I remember a whole desert chunk in the middle of a jungle one time when I did that and loaded the game afterwards.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, thanks! Hopefully there's not much else, certainly haven't seen any! I also gave myself a sanity check and checked that copper does indeed exist... by setting off a hundred or so TNT. It does exist! Hoorah!

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
That's... a way to do it. I just look for Hauman, dig down about 20 blocks, and then mine 30 blocks in each direction. Usually, by then, something becomes visible for mining. But it sounds like you got a real blast from your excavation exploration.

Last edited:

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, that was just in the copy world I'm afraid, just wanted to make sure it existed! Yeah I've been digging under Hauman, no luck so far. Also cleared out a couple of big cave systems, starting out right under those flowers, but still nothing! Been in this world for over 8 hours now, obviously that wasn't all mining, did some exploring for food and some gardening stuff too. But I've gone through 21 stone picks whilst mining, I keep getting trolled by flourite, I'm going a bit crazy XD
Is this normal, or am I just really unlucky?

Edit: I've also tried the bonemeal method described on the reasonable realism wiki, but I only ever get tall grass, not even vanilla flowers. Is that disabled somehow, or overridden?

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it can be tricky. I basically mine downwards (spiral staircase, not straight down) 10 blocks under hauman, then mine 30 blocks north, go back to the shaft, 30 blocks west, back, 30 blocks south, back, 30 blocks east, back, down another 10 blocks, repeat the 30-block pattern, and so on. I usually find the desired ore before I reach bedrock.

As for the bonemeal, I've noticed that as well. I've reported this to the mod autho; let's see if there's anything that can be done.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with bonemeal is depth. I had been under the impression that bonemeal works with all depths, but it turns out that it has a maximum depth of 40-48 blocks down. If you place bonemeal, and nothing appears, that means that the ore, wherever it is, is more than 48 blocks down... so, if you're at sea level, it would put the vein at around y=16. As such, this should at least let you know how far down to dig to find the ore.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for following up on that! I've still not seen a single flower, but can test on known veins I suppose. By the way, I found my heaven:
FcvSdB0.jpg
At first I only saw three of the copper ore there, but even that would've been enough to get me the pick to gather all the iron I've found. But then I spotted the rest of the vein - hallelujah!

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
Veins can be quite huge. I remember following an iron vein (I believe it was actually 2 or 3 interlocking veins) that resultet in 5 1/2 stacks or ore. Shoving this into my beloved extractor got around 1500 iron from that (even tho ac engine powered extractors take forever).

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
On the next update, the ores will actually scale based on the average biome height. The upshot of this is that you'll find ores more compressed under oceans, and you'll find ores in higher altitudes in extreme hills. There will also be some singificantly-larger caves that will occasionally spawn under the ground... and one might even punch through to the surface. At y<16, all tunnels will be filled with lava, and if the huge caves go down that far... can you say "lava lake?"

We're also working on adding more early-game content to provide some automation, and redstone is (currently mistakenly, in the future, intentionally) mineable with copper, so you can have redstone technology before the industrial age begins. Also, Ender Utilities will be added as part of the endgame technology, and the ender-game gating will no longer depend on the invasion mod (but the End will). ReactorCraft will become a requirement for ender technology, so better brush up on the mod while there's still time! It's not as hard as it sounds, as long as you've gotten the hang of RotaryCraft.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I found this mod called Foundry: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ry-melt-ores-and-metals-into-liquid-cast-them

It allows you to melt, cast and alloy liquid metals and is compatible with Metallurgy. If you provide sticks, you can also cast tools, making a more realistic tool crafting system without Tinkers. It'll provide Thermal Foundation metals without actually having to install TF as well. Only problem being it requires power, and that's actually pretty big. But hey, if you pester a mod dev enough, they might just give in! ;)

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
We'll have quite a neat vanilla-style metal casting mechanic that involves nothing more complex than a furnace. It cannot cast tools, tho, just ingots and alloys. For alloying that requires power (and provides some quality automation) we'll have some custom alloy recipes for the RotaryCraft blast furnace.

imho casting tools from metals is a nice mechanic (which is a part of TiC I actually enjoyed) but aside from being nice there is no value to it unless you do something with the tools like TiC did. The concept of managing boatloads of different tanks with different metals actually was one of the thing sI really found quite unnerving with TiC, so I just always built a stupidly big furnace and kept pretty much everything in there, effectively making it a storage.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
ReactorCraft will become a requirement for ender technology, so better brush up on the mod while there's still time!
For everone being new to ReactorCraft, keep in mind that these tutorials are probably outdated in quite a few things, especially on ratios, numbers and the likes. The basic structure should be about the same, however.
I'd rather not have the modpack be known to be promoting outdated tutorials, which ends up having Reika to deal with complaints if stuff doesn't work as it did in the tutorial. ;p

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
For everone being new to ReactorCraft, keep in mind that these tutorials are probably outdated in quite a few things, especially on ratios, numbers and the likes. The basic structure should be about the same, however.
I'd rather not have the modpack be known to be promoting outdated tutorials, which ends up having Reika to deal with complaints if stuff doesn't work as it did in the tutorial. ;p
Guess best way would be to make our own tutorials (make jeff or reteo or someone else that knows it good unlike me do it ;)). Or we can teach all the dev team to do it but mehh ;).

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
Actually Sentinalh's tutorials are still quite accurate. The only big change introduced to ReC since then is that neutron reflectors don't just eat neutrons anymore.

Also he explains things easy to understand for someone new to the mod.