[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes; I fixed the problem; it's just taking a little more time than normal to be updated in the launcher. Once the MD5 issues have been resolved, the issue should be fixed in the launcher.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack has been updated to fix the issues. Survival Industry 1.4.1 is now on the FTB launcher.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get a "failed to unzip modpack" when trying to update for the patch?
Also, has anyone found/seen horses? I have been looking around for them for ages, but have yet to find a single one.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I did; an update was sent to the modpack that will hopefully fix it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
:(, I have a really cheap XP farm an I want to be able to sleep more often to speed up the process

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there. I think I will start my own LP series on this modpack

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds pretty exploit-ish, don't you think?
Referring to it being an easy farm, or speeding up the process?
If you're referring to the process, I don't think it's anymore exploit-ish than sleeping alot to speed up your farm growth or your grinder earlygame.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. The only way I know of to speed up the increase in fatigue is in the config file, but that also means that you can reach the unpleasant effects faster.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get 1.4.1 to install. MC never starts. I get this message in the launcher.
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Error unzipping modpack!!!

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried it several times over the last 24 hours with the same results.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I've submitted the issue with the FTB staff, so until it's fixed, just use 1.4.0 for now.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Using friction heaters ANY item smelted gives XP, so you can simply make a cobble gen that feeds into the furnaces and then out into a trashcan to get a really cheap XP farm. I have noticed smelting dusts gives more XP, so setting up a railcraft rock crusher powered by 3 steam engines can grind up ingots and ores into dusts, which you can then smelt for extra XP

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
Using friction heaters ANY item smelted gives XP, so you can simply make a cobble gen that feeds into the furnaces and then out into a trashcan to get a really cheap XP farm. I have noticed smelting dusts gives more XP, so setting up a railcraft rock crusher powered by 3 steam engines can grind up ingots and ores into dusts, which you can then smelt for extra XP

This has been brought up before (in Reika's thread). If you find this to be an exploit and want it out for you server there is a configuration variable in config/Reika/RotaryCraft.cfg that reads
Code:
    B:"Spawn XP from Friction Heater"=true
and you can change it to your liking.

On the other hand experience shouldn't be a limiting factor in game that is already so heavily gated by progression IMHO. So if a player sets up an XP generator and means to store and eventually even distribute XP he or she should be rewarded by not having to grind mobs. Ultimately RotaryCraft gives you the ability to capture spawners and accelerate them a great deal anyways, so automated XP farms are in the game one way or another.

Reactions: DriftinFool

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, the only reason I am really doing this is b/c I'm still relatively early game, and am enchanting armour/weapons, but have a crappy laptop, so I can't handle a large mob farm. ;P

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
If your computer's that crappy, then Somnia is not going to speed the XP generation up much anyways.

All in all, considering the cost of simply making a 3x3 pickaxe in terms of experience, I'm not worried about an XP generator at this point. So, go nuts!

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, Somnia, I love that mod, but with a little experimenting, I don't think its really doing much to speedup XP gains, it may actually be hurting, I don't seem to get nearly as much XP as I should when sleeping.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Somnia's speedup is limited by the computer's own performance. If the computer's weak enough, it might just be faster to stay awake.