[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Just a reminder: If you come across bugs in the game, or have suggestions for improving the game play, we have a Github where issues can be reported and tracked. I usually try to post thread-added issues and suggestions to the Github, but if you post them there too, it would make my work a little easier, and I would appreciate it. ;)

I'll have to look into the Boring Machine enchantment issue.

As for the temperatures, here's a little information:

I made the mistake of reporting an issue with harder wildlife's seasons affecting RotaryCraft machines without checking it first myself, only to find out that Reika's mods do not track temperatures like Harder Wildlife does; they are static, and determined by the biome in which you place the machines. Since biomes are not tied to chunk borders, this can sometimes happen inside a chunk. If you are in a colder biome, like a taiga, the temperature is -19. If you are in a warmer biome, like a field or forest, it's 25.

I mentioned the harder wildlife seasons to Reika (in reference to the assumption that the RoC machines were tracking them), and he thought it was a great idea, and is now interested in adding support for changing temperatures to his machines. Teaches me to open my big mouth. :p
Ok will do on the Github for any other issues I run into. I added it to my favorites list

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok will do on the Github for any other issues I run into. I added it to my favorites list
Nice. That being said, feel free to post them here, too, if for no other reason than it sparks discussion. I have a solid idea of how my modpack should be, but it's easy for a designer to fall in love with his design, and become biased. Perspective is a valuable tool for keeping me honest.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. That being said, feel free to post them here, too, if for no other reason than it sparks discussion. I have a solid idea of how my modpack should be, but it's easy for a designer to fall in love with his design, and become biased. Perspective is a valuable tool for keeping me honest.

I played around a little dropping fermenters all over the place in creative mode and found some very inconsistent temperature data. I posted the details on the issue you linked to me. If I find something I think is a bug, I'll post over there. I'll put questions here for others in the thread to see so we can all help each other.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Did you keep track of the biome you were in when you dropped them? From what Reika informed me, Reika's mods track temperature based only on the biome the machine is placed in.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Did you keep track of the biome you were in when you dropped them? From what Reika informed me, Reika's mods track temperature based only on the biome the machine is placed in.
Sure did. I only checked the 3 biomes my base touches though and I listed the temps I found in each biome. Here's the link https://github.com/reteo/Survival-Industry/issues/37. Although, I think you know where that page is. ;) I can post screenshots, but it would be alot of them since I have to take one for each machine to have WAILA show the temps, which is why I chose not to.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I'm going to be disabling seasons for the next release of the modpack, and we'll wait and see what happens with v10. Reika indicated interest in compatibility with Harder Wildlife's seasons, so it might just be that once he completes it, the machine temperatures will be more consistent.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing to keep in mind, the height of the machine also affects the temperature in some way. Depending on the difference in height, you could get quite different values.

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
I actually did not encounter any "oddness" with seasons enabled except that.... well... in winter it got colder. I was kinda expecting that.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing to keep in mind, the height of the machine also affects the temperature in some way. Depending on the difference in height, you could get quite different values.
I took that into account on the numbers I posted on the Github. I had noticed a difference between my 1st floor and basement so in testing I stayed on the same level so it wasn't a factor.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
According to Reika, v10 should see upgrades to the Magnetostatic engine that can, eventually, minimize power loss, meaning that we can transform Reactorcraft power to RF, transport it using the Enhanced Portals, and then re-convert it to shaft power with little loss once the magnetostatic is completely upgraded.

I am still hoping there will be a direct shaft-power mechanic, but for now, that should make for a good enough workaround pending direct shaft transfer (aside from just making a reactor in the Nether)

Last edited:
Reactions: DriftinFool

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
I think Reika reduced the temperature in the nether by quite a bit, to prevent abuse regarding temperatures for the Blast Furnace and smelting Tungsten.
Not entirely sure if this is only for said machines, or in general.

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
Boilers just blow once they get water. I thought I remembered something like that. So no reactors in the nether. Period.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for being inactive for a while. Ftb bugged so i didn't get messages to mail. Just cought up on 170 or more messages the last 2 days. About refined relocation, if you haven't used it i feel sorry for you. It's such an awesome mod. Basically it's programmable pipes with the ability to do pretty much everything and that has modules that can be added to a specific side of the pipe to all of the pipes and also the ability to make sorting systems that connect by simply having some sorting containers that touch one another and cables that connect sorting systems together. So it might sound simple (I don't know how you followed this far) but you can do everything you will ever want with it.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I did include it... did I forget to add it to the list?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
I still don't know about RR. It's neat, it's nice, it's kinda stylish, but it also is utterly redundant. We have 4 mods adding filtered item transportation now.... ExU, RoC, AE2 and RR. While AE2 is gated towards late game, I see that, the ExU pipes are not, and the RoC pipes are a bit chunky, yes, I know, but also mighty efficient and cheap. I simply don't see how I would miss RR.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the mod myself. But at this point, I'm willing to leave it in for now and see if anyone has a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to announce the release of Survival Industry 1.3.0!

This release marks the removal of Tinker's Construct and Thermal Foundation, as well as their associated add-ons. In their place, new options and tools have been added to provide almost every feature they had provided. Also added to the modpack is Ztones and Chizzle Z-Tizzle, which adds a lot of new decoration options to the existing collection. This modpack also provides the new mining progression, which is reflected in WAILA and the tools' tooltips. Additionally, axes at "extreme" mining level and above are considered lumber axes; capable of chopping down all the wood in a tree at once.

JeffPeng is now part of the Survival Industry Dev team, and has produced the "Flint Chisel" micro-mod, as well as a modified "Custom items" mod that prevents client crashes when nether quartz is mined on a server.

Mods Removed:
  • ExtraTiC
  • Iguana Tinker Tweaks
  • Mantle
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Thermal Dynamics
  • Thermal Foundation
  • TiC Tooltips
  • Tinker's Mechworks
  • Tinker's Steelworks
Mods Added:
Mods Upgraded:
Configuration Changes:
  • Journeymap Unlimited is disabled in the launcher, and fairplay is added.
  • Blood Moon chance is now set to 2% (was originally at 5%)
  • Sleep is now permitted during a blood moon. I hope your shelter's complete.
  • Brand new ore mining progression system:
    • Base: All materials can mine
    • Entry: Needs stone; includes copper
    • Low: Needs copper; includes tin
    • Mid: Bypassed, but certain materials can only mine to this point; includes iron.
    • High: Needs iron or bronze; includes gold and redstone.
    • Extreme: Needs steel; axes can drop whole trees; includes diamonds.
    • Top: Needs diamond; axes can drop whole trees; includes obsidian.
  • Disabled random aggressive "neutral" mobs
  • Disabled Railcraft RF engines
  • Removed Pam's Beehives to prevent confusion with Forestry
  • Disabled "special planting" for water crops; all crops now plantable.
  • Overhauled oregen; ores are more plentiful and accurate to original consistency, and chisel stones are now spawned in strata formations.
  • Chisel stone now placed in strata, rather than veins.
  • Added Chizzle-Z-Tizzle Modtweaker script, by BBoldt to allow Chisel to control Ztones.
  • Added custom iron rod (and recipe) for recipe purposes.
  • Added custom aluminum block (and recipes) for storage purposes.
  • Added defaultkeys to set the resource packs; updates will no longer override options.
  • Disabled OP items from Ztones (Diamond Zane, Ofanix, Splat Axe, Terrain Eater, and Totem Tool)
  • Re-Enabled Forestry's Factory tool (beekeeping is now possible again)
  • Disabled seasons, re-enabled Hunger Overhaul's crop slowing.
  • Disabled Extra Utilities peaceful tools (Peaceful Table/Peaceful Watering Can). The first is easily handled by the Vegan option, and the other is unneeded, since a watering can is still available.
  • Disabled buildcraft oil generation, as there is no way to make it usable with Rotarycraft without including the full Buildcraft factory module.
  • The Railcraft Blast Furnace is now made using sand and brick blocks, instead of soul sand and nether brick blocks. The magma cream is still a part of the recipe. This is to remove steel's "Nether dependency."
  • Pam's (non-machine) tools now have recipes using bricks as ingots for early-game use.
  • Disabled vampire pigmen; they were making the nether nearly impossible to play outside of bedrock gear.
  • Disabled Inventory Tweaks' Auto-Fill feature; this was causing the client to crash when auto-filling the Battlegear tool slots.
IMPORTANT:
  • The previous version of Survival Industry had folders for Block Properties (the mod I use to the the harvest level for ores) configuring blocks for Thermal Foundation. For some reason, the Feed the Beast Launcher does not delete these files when upgrading the game, resulting in a crash when Block Properties attempts to configure a no-longer-installed Thermal Foundation. In order to fix this, you need to install the game fresh by removing the "SurvivalIndustry" folder from your Feed the Beast launcher folder.