[1.7.10] Stranded on the Beach [HQM][100+ Quests][Hard]

michaelthe

Jul 29, 2019
Tech. It's the center of many modpacks, and provides a power that vanilla simply can't provide. People have grown to use it more and more, and as a result, it became more and more powerful. Stranded on the Beach attempts to remedy that. Pulverizer before you even have diamonds? Haha, no... The pack aims to take you through mods you may not have used before, such as mariculture and witchery.

Most HQM packs need to start with this. too many mods have "lol optimal end game rush"- which is boring if you've done it once.
Also HQM is good to show off mods I havent really played...

Trying now

Reactions: SixOnTheBeach

Primal Demon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i think i just discovered a little bug.
there is a quest to make a pulveriser but when you have made it you cant seem to turn it in

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great pack; stuck on pulveriser quest too.
We play it on lan and we added "infernal mobs" and special mobs" (chain armor will not melt into steel so infernal mobs is ok as it wont mess anything).
Awaiting on update for quest fix.
Thanks again

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great pack; stuck on pulveriser quest too.
We play it on lan and we added "infernal mobs" and special mobs" (chain armor will not melt into steel so infernal mobs is ok as it wont mess anything).
Awaiting on update for quest fix.
Thanks again
Hehe yeah, I fixed chain to steel. As a side note, great to hear you're playing it on a (semi) server! :D

Last edited:

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
0.71 crashes on start up
http://pastebin.com/zC62CYeF

/edit
Fixed it. The pack.json is still pointing to Forge10.13.2.1230 when it should be using Forge10.13.2.1291. So I had to manually change it and it works just fine.

Also in the first set of quests, the one called "A Small Note to New Players", just put anything there just so it can be "completed."
Some people, like myself, might get a bit annoyed that that section is not 100% completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Primal Demon

Primal Demon

Jul 29, 2019
0.71 crashes on start up
http://pastebin.com/zC62CYeF

/edit
Fixed it. The pack.json is still pointing to Forge10.13.2.1230 when it should be using Forge10.13.2.1291. So I had to manually change it and it works just fine.

Also in the first set of quests, the one called "A Small Note to New Players", just put anything there just so it can be "completed."
Some people, like myself, might get a bit annoyed that that section is not 100% completed.

Had the same issue but changing it to 1291 seems to have solved it :)

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
pack version 0.7.1
Steeling Your Heart quest is broken. It doesn't show what you need, it just says unknown. It's obvious that it wants the bricks for the Railcraft Blast Furnace, it still doesn't detect.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
pack version 0.7.1
Steeling Your Heart quest is broken. It doesn't show what you need, it just says unknown. It's obvious that it wants the bricks for the Railcraft Blast Furnace, it still doesn't detect.
Odd, I'll take a look. In the meantime, reverting would fix the problem.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
That was a nasty one to fix. Anyways, update time! Apologies for releasing such a buggy version, but everything should be working now, with all suggestions implemented.

CryptoHue

Jul 29, 2019
i'm stuck at the very beginning of TE quest. I've made the leadstone energy cell but am unable to hand it in. It is not being detected.

Btw after the update the pack.json still points at Forge10.13.2.1230 which i had to manually change to Forge10.13.2.1291 to beable to play.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
i'm stuck at the very beginning of TE quest. I've made the leadstone energy cell but am unable to hand it in. It is not being detected.

Btw after the update the pack.json still points at Forge10.13.2.1230 which i had to manually change to Forge10.13.2.1291 to beable to play.
Uhh... what? That's odd, I had it changed to recommended, should be working now... I'll contact the FTB team and ask them about it, I'm sure it can be resolved quickly. As for the leadstone cell, I'll check it out, but I've done nothing to that quest to make it stop working. At any setting, fuzzy or not, it should still work, anyhow.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is wanting to start stranded on an Island, then with Vanilla world generation, type in the world seed "island?"

Just a Side note. Has anyone run across, while digging up large sand spots, having chests appear? I dug up like 60 blocks of sand and got 4 chests. Nothing in them.

Last edited:

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is wanting to start stranded on an Island, then with Vanilla world generation, type in the world seed "island?"

Just a Side note. Has anyone run across, while digging up large sand spots, having chests appear? I dug up like 60 blocks of sand and got 4 chests. Nothing in them.
Firstly, thanks for the tip! And would those sand spots happen to be in an ocean biome? Because mariculture adds randomly spawning chests, dunno why there'd be no loot though.