[1.7.10] Stranded on the Beach [HQM][100+ Quests][Hard]

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
the lockdown mod is a very useful mod thats all thats why it is so popular when i was making a modpack i was using it nothing bad with it anyways
I'm aware of the lockdown mod, but adding a whole mod just for something as trivial as that doesn't seem worth it.
So far this back has been pretty great, very simple and relaxed in its play style, all in all just a fun pack to play.
That's exactly what I was aiming for, it really means a lot to hear the good review! :D

Reactions: terrianneellen

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
That makes more sense. I was wondering why I couldn't make the flint one. Now if only my pick would gain a level that actually gave it a modifier instead of just saying i can add a modifier...can't mine any of the ores. :( Specially when i can't get a single head to drop.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
That makes more sense. I was wondering why I couldn't make the flint one. Now if only my pick would gain a level that actually gave it a modifier instead of just saying i can add a modifier...can't mine any of the ores. :( Specially when i can't get a single head to drop.
Getting a modifier and getting another mining level are two different goals, although if I recall correctly they are close together. To check how far you are you can just look at the tooltip on the tool, you want "Mining XP" to get to 100%

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, yea I know this. But when you gain a experience level on the item you have a chance of gaining a +1 modifier, a modifier, or both together. One of the chances is also gaining a higher mining level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, yea I know this. But when you gain a experience level on the item you have a chance of gaining a +1 modifier, a modifier, or both together. One of the chances is also gaining a higher mining level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I've disabled random modifiers anyhow. They're nice for early game, but my god do they get annoying on end game tools.

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Well my thoughts on your modpack.

It has a nice start, you've got a good balance of mods, a few of my favorites added and a few I don't know why you don't have. However I find a few of your quests to be disheartening, such as collecting all of the seeds when some plants can only be found in various areas and depending on your seed will be hard to come by. That joke of a gift of 64 smeltry controllers I thought was absolutely stupid specially when you have to make a smeltry controller to then be joked upon.

With the mining I found this to be frustrating to all ends, a flint pick can ONLY go for stone. With the heads MAYBE getting one up to copper. The only problem is you can't make casts out of copper, it has to be gold or bronze. Which means making a new pickaxe head is impossible unless you come across a village and have a lucky chest. Out of 7 worlds I only had one village that I came across and even then did not get a pick head. I may be missing any changes that were made but I didn't see any mention of these changes in order to get iron, gold, and the like from a flint pickaxe.

I did not like the idea of taking out the mattock, with hoes being removed and scythes not able to till the soil, how exactly are you able to till the soil so that you can plant a garden? Is there another added item so that you can do so? That would be something good to put into the quest book.

I was hoping this would be a good pack to try and start a new series for my channel but it has proven to make me curse a few times and I can't put that up. So to suffice to say, you have a good start but this needs some serious looking into since it seems the pack was designed to troll the player.

Conclusion, will be deleting.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Well my thoughts on your modpack.

It has a nice start, you've got a good balance of mods, a few of my favorites added and a few I don't know why you don't have. However I find a few of your quests to be disheartening, such as collecting all of the seeds when some plants can only be found in various areas and depending on your seed will be hard to come by. That joke of a gift of 64 smeltry controllers I thought was absolutely stupid specially when you have to make a smeltry controller to then be joked upon.

With the mining I found this to be frustrating to all ends, a flint pick can ONLY go for stone. With the heads MAYBE getting one up to copper. The only problem is you can't make casts out of copper, it has to be gold or bronze. Which means making a new pickaxe head is impossible unless you come across a village and have a lucky chest. Out of 7 worlds I only had one village that I came across and even then did not get a pick head. I may be missing any changes that were made but I didn't see any mention of these changes in order to get iron, gold, and the like from a flint pickaxe.

I did not like the idea of taking out the mattock, with hoes being removed and scythes not able to till the soil, how exactly are you able to till the soil so that you can plant a garden? Is there another added item so that you can do so? That would be something good to put into the quest book.

I was hoping this would be a good pack to try and start a new series for my channel but it has proven to make me curse a few times and I can't put that up. So to suffice to say, you have a good start but this needs some serious looking into since it seems the pack was designed to troll the player.

Conclusion, will be deleting.
Well, thank you for the detailed report, firstly. I have already been thinking about changing the seed quest, and changing the smeltery reward (Although I don't know why a quest reward would offend so much). As for the second and third sections, have you used a mod pack with iguanas tweaks before? Once the flint pickaxe has mined 135 blocks it is able to mine copper and aluminum. Bronze does NOT make casts, aluminum brass does, which is now able to be made. I'll look into mentioning that in the quest book. Now, onto the third section of the comment. Mattock CAN be made, I told you this in a previous comment, they simply need to be made of metal parts (which is also default iguanas by the way) and there IS a quest in the quest book for this, it's the side quest for making copper tools.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you for not only taking time to try the pack, but taking time to give me some constructive criticism, but I feel the pack was harshly and rashly misjudged.

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
When you start out in this pack, the only thing you have to make is the flint tools. Until that time you don't have the ability to make food any other way. In my second world I had no animals spawning for some reason and have very few gardens. It wasn't long till I had died of starvation, I like to play these worlds on hard. if you have left in the ability to make the flint mattock I would have been able to use what gardens I did get to make at least a small garden. In the last world I had I did have the abilities to make a metal mattock because of the village, so yes I do see where you say you can still make a metal one.

When my pickaxe leveled up it did NOT go up in level as you described. It stayed at only being able to mine stone. When it leveled the second time it still could not mine anything other then stone. When I spammed out a HUGE room underground I finally leveled up and was granted the ability to mine something higher then stone. I still couldn't mine gold, aluminum, iron, or anything else.

I'm not trying to come off as harsh or judging unfairly, if I have then I apologize for that. It's sometimes not easy to get mood across in writing and sometimes the mood that does come across isn't the one the writer intended.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
When you start out in this pack, the only thing you have to make is the flint tools. Until that time you don't have the ability to make food any other way. In my second world I had no animals spawning for some reason and have very few gardens. It wasn't long till I had died of starvation, I like to play these worlds on hard. if you have left in the ability to make the flint mattock I would have been able to use what gardens I did get to make at least a small garden. In the last world I had I did have the abilities to make a metal mattock because of the village, so yes I do see where you say you can still make a metal one.

When my pickaxe leveled up it did NOT go up in level as you described. It stayed at only being able to mine stone. When it leveled the second time it still could not mine anything other then stone. When I spammed out a HUGE room underground I finally leveled up and was granted the ability to mine something higher then stone. I still couldn't mine gold, aluminum, iron, or anything else.

I'm not trying to come off as harsh or judging unfairly, if I have then I apologize for that. It's sometimes not easy to get mood across in writing and sometimes the mood that does come across isn't the one the writer intended.
Well, thank you for being civil about it, but food really isn't *that* rare, unless you're in a desert you should have more than you can handle. If you don't, simply look around a little bit until you find. And again, you will gain the ability to mine aluminum and copper when the Mining XP hits 100, not the normal XP, so check that to see how far from copper you are. And copper mining level not mining aluminum? I just hopped into my stream world to try it, and a flint pickaxe with a boosted mining level can mine aluminum, are you *sure* you couldn't?

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, fruit trees (Especially if you kill skeletons and make bonemeal) are good early game food.

Last edited: