[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hum, I dunno about that. Granted some of the initial text indicates such, but I'd argue that can be boring, plus the same text encourages you to dig into the earth with the fishes. XD

I tell you what might work. I had a villager spawn next to me in the middle of the forest. I had dug under it and put a halfslab over him. And holed up. Come morning all the mobs were focused entirely on him. And I could argo kill them one at a time. :D

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Crash report, happened when I turned in the blood orb quest.

http://pastebin.com/m1TmzCsJ
Were you able to resume play after that?
I'm also getting teleported to my bed for no apparent reason on occasion,
Mod bug. I have to wait for it to be fixed.
I can see the game giving me buffs in chat every time I get hit, sanity does not appear to go up when I sleep, and instead i get this x6.something number, or x7.something, or even x8 (which turns red) in the corner.
The Sanity appearing when you sleep is a small bug. I just need to change a setting or two, and it'll be fixed.
I'd also argue that with the low occurrence of diamond drops from bags, having two quests in a row require one is a bit much. Plus the metals you need for good gear are so limited that you don't want to raid dungeons at all for quite some time even if they might have what you'd need. Between the wither witches,
Wither Witches?
silverfish,
Just saying, Silverfish wouldn't drop what you want anyway.
and exploding skeletons, I don't feel like a wood set (or even the traveler's set) is going to keep me alive long enough to do anything. Any tactics I might normally use to stay safe are likely to fail simply because I can't mold the terrain to my needs without a guaranteed silverfish swarm and likely death.
You should probably think of new tactics, then.
The story is interesting so far though, I just wish I didn't have to wait so long between hearing more of it due to not being able to complete quests. :(
I'll probably change the Blood Orb recipe.

Robocreator223

Jul 29, 2019
Also- because of the crazy amount of silver fish spawns, and that they drop crap tons of silver fish scales, do you think you could add something that uses it that is useful, like armor or weapons? You get ridiculous number of them. Also, iron needs to be way more common for anything to happen. I pretty much get gold and lead from the bags, and those really aren't good for much.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Also- because of the crazy amount of silver fish spawns, and that they drop crap tons of silver fish scales, do you think you could add something that uses it that is useful, like armor or weapons? You get ridiculous number of them. Also, iron needs to be way more common for anything to happen. I pretty much get gold and lead from the bags, and those really aren't good for much.

Silverfish scales as parts for tcon shirkens. Or silverfish chips. Silver scale mail.
Or you could simply not dig underground. This is more of a make your own Dracula Castile sort of modpack.

Robocreator223

Jul 29, 2019
I need obsidian for a nether portal. :( I was thinking you could even have multiple tiers of "silver scale" armor. 3x3 = cluster, cook it and you get a sheet. 1x3 and you get a pack, cook it and you get a plate. Sheets and plates could both be used for armor, and a sword. But not tools. And maybe they get bonuses against silver fish. like x2 damage, x2 protection things like that.

Last edited:

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
I like the silver scale armor idea. the silver fish are way to op. thank god I spawned in a massa biome with a forest, red sand, and stone deposit far away from my house

Robocreator223

Jul 29, 2019
Another crash after the last mission is completed, seemed similar so far, but have the crash report anyway.

Attachments

• crash-2015-01-03_12.56.48-server.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 71

Robocreator223

Jul 29, 2019
Welp time to wait for the next chapter. Can't wait to see what come next. And, Gideon, is the voice actor in the lore you?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hey Gideon, when do you think the next chapter will come out?
I'm not certain, but it will be sometime soon. I'm finishing up a side project as we speak, and then I'll get back to this, where I'll finally finish that next chapter.
Also, iron needs to be way more common for anything to happen. I pretty much get gold and lead from the bags, and those really aren't good for much.
Yes,
Silverfish scales as parts for tcon shirkens. Or silverfish chips. Silver scale mail.
Or you could simply not dig underground. This is more of a make your own Dracula Castile sort of modpack.
Yes,
I was thinking you could even have multiple tiers of "silver scale" armor. 3x3 = cluster, cook it and you get a sheet. 1x3 and you get a pack, cook it and you get a plate. Sheets and plates could both be used for armor, and a sword. But not tools. And maybe they get bonuses against silver fish. like x2 damage, x2 protection things like that.
aaand yes!
Another crash after the last mission is completed, seemed similar so far, but have the crash report anyway.
Guh, I need Lore Expansion to update!
Welp time to wait for the next chapter. Can't wait to see what come next. And, Gideon, is the voice actor in the lore you?
Yes, although I'm not very good at it :p

Robocreator223

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain, but it will be sometime soon. I'm finishing up a side project as we speak, and then I'll get back to this, where I'll finally finish that next chapter.

Yes,

Yes,

aaand yes!

Guh, I need Lore Expansion to update!

Yes, although I'm not very good at it :p

ah yes

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I tell you what might work. I had a villager spawn next to me in the middle of the forest. I had dug under it and put a halfslab over him. And holed up. Come morning all the mobs were focused entirely on him. And I could argo kill them one at a time. :D

Lol, that is awesome. XD I'm surprised that worked for all of them though, I thought skeles and creepers and such ignored villagers. Or is that something mods have added recently?

Were you able to resume play after that?

Mod bug. I have to wait for it to be fixed.

The Sanity appearing when you sleep is a small bug. I just need to change a setting or two, and it'll be fixed.

Wither Witches?

Just saying, Silverfish wouldn't drop what you want anyway.

You should probably think of new tactics, then.

I'll probably change the Blood Orb recipe.

Wither witches are a large issue, not just because nothing in the pack (far as I know) can get rid of the effect, unlike poison (witchery ftw), but because during early game they are extraordinarily brutal on their own, much less combined with everything else.
Witches vanilla take a while to switch between different things they do with their potions, Wither witches however do nothing but. Which means they're basically non-flying/less-health withers, that spawn when you don't expect them to, have pets that might as well be wolves, and are often added into the rest of whatever melee you may be involved in.
Add to all this that you likely have little armor and can't dig away to higher or deeper places. Suffice to say wither witches suck.

Granted silverfish don't drop what I'd want, they've dropped maybe 2 iron nuggets the whole time I've been messing with them in a sort of safe environment, and otherwise they've only dropped cobble, stone, sand, sandstone, and fish-stone. I realize this is likely not helpful. But I would imagine that the stuff in the dungeon chests MIGHT be useful to whatever needs to be accomplished. Otherwise why would I ever go dungeoneering in the first place?

Side notes; Silverfish armor would be very cool, I second this proposition.
Your voice works well for this indeed, though the stage performer in me says you need a bit more emotion when you say certain things. ;)
And I was indeed able to reload the pack and play again after the blood orb crash, though that was after a shutdown of my computer since it had been time for bed anyway. Also the lore from the previous quests was gone from my book of such.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
New thing: Can't seem to get redstone engines to power up. Doesn't matter where I place the torch/redstone dust, they won't turn on. Is this an intentional thing, or just BC being buggy as seems usual this version of mc?

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
New thing: Can't seem to get redstone engines to power up. Doesn't matter where I place the torch/redstone dust, they won't turn on. Is this an intentional thing, or just BC being buggy as seems usual this version of mc?
I just made a redstone engine to test and it seems to work fine. I only tested with a wooden pipe though. What are you using it for?