[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I was connecting them to a thermionic fabricator so I could make a multifarm and not have to chop trees as often.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I dunno. Forestry and other BC based mods have been having issues elsewhere as well. I've heard that the people keeping up the mods are currently mia. But I'll check in other packs to see if this is only here.

Edit; Checked this out a bit. Same result in DW20 1.7, so I checked the wiki and some of google. Nothing indicates this should be any different than previous versions, so I'm guessing this a bug of some kind.

Last edited:

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone engines have been changed since a while back to not provide MJ/RF to machines- I remember reading a while back that this was intended because the engines don't require fuel. To power the farm you need to use a stirling or better engine.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was testing a couple things out in creative on DW to see if this was a thing for all the engines. An interesting thing I noticed is that, not only do the non-Forestry blocks have different versions depending on what energy type you want to use, but also that the Therm. will not take power from ANYTHING. It simply refuses to accept it, and WAILA doesn't even register a maximum amount of power it can take. Though the stirling engine did in fact work with coal and a redstone torch, but it would only connect to RF enabled versions of BC machines, as opposed to MJ or EU ones.

So I guess Forestry is currently broken, judging by other reports from the forum? XD

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry itself I haven't used in a long time, and I don't think i ever made a farm with it XD but if you do need energy, EnderIO has a couple generators that at least work with its machines and AE2, not sure if it works with forestry machines though. If I ever get around to doing some forestry stuff I'll test it a bit.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeeeaah, some of the issues have been that the machines won't accept power from anything at all. XD Here's hoping that at least the basic stuff is exempt from that.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yeeeaah, some of the issues have been that the machines won't accept power from anything at all. XD Here's hoping that at least the basic stuff is exempt from that.

If you are talking some of the genetic machines that's because they are still using the old buildcraft power system that no longer exists. That requires another mod that replaced them with RF completable versions.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
That's part of it yes, but there have been other things as well. Anyway, I'll make a creative world with RR2 and see if I can't get the Therm. to work.

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
You guys seem to be complaining about the combat...
Use M&B! A shield lets you block one arrow from a skeleton (enough to let you close in) and a spear lets you kill stuff well outside of their reach.
A diamond spear was enough to let me wander the earth and gather pieces of diamond gear.
Now that I've seen the message on how to regain potion-effects, I might even start that save back up (I had been starting a new /hqm Harcore save since I couldn't get more than the vampire effect back, but then I gave up when the bloody Filler lagged out the game)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
If I had to guess, I'd say something went very wrong while downloading the pack. Have you tried un- and re- installing it yet?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
K, finally got through with undecorating, now to check the Therm. out.
So the pic is what I got when I created a creative superflat world, which I thought was pretty interesting. XD

But anyway, I tested out five different engines, Redstone, Stirling, Combustion, Creative, and Peat fired.
Of them, Redstone and Creative refused to turn on, no matter what I did. But the other three worked just fine.

Attachments

• 2015-01-07_14.30.59.png
    2015-01-07_14.30.59.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 88

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use '/scoreboard players set @a vamp 4', but it's telling me there's no such objective as
'vamp'

DuckyTheDudeGuy

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am teaching some friends about modpacks and try to give them an "easy" start at the modpack, but I noticed its got that rotting food mod thingy. Now I thought this was the spice of life mod and disabled it, but food kept rotting. I know this takes away some of the survival aspects, but might somebody tell me wich mod it is that rots the food?

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am teaching some friends about modpacks and try to give them an "easy" start at the modpack, but I noticed its got that rotting food mod thingy. Now I thought this was the spice of life mod and disabled it, but food kept rotting. I know this takes away some of the survival aspects, but might somebody tell me wich mod it is that rots the food?
I believe it's EnviroMine, which also adds in the insanity. You can disable the rotting in the configuration if you really want to.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Even after I turn in the nether slayer quests, they still think I can claim them, however clicking the claim button again does nothing.
Also, despite what the intro book says, you cannot use the blood altar to make pure fluix crystals in any way. the original recipe and method for making them remains as the AE default.