[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So if I could play i could feasibly make a huge hole with tnt drop some convenient lava down the hole to kill all the silver fish then pick up/cover the lava again

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is is recommended to turn off Special Mobs?
If you like it being easy. The special mobs are there to increase the difficulty of combat, so you don't have to use the same tactics over and over again.

I only recommend turning off Special Mobs if you're planning on playing Multi-player, but it's only one of several mods in this pack that have multiplayer issues. I'm working on making it multiplayer compatible.

cliff5620

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait to give this pack a try. As I've mentioned before running red 1 was my favorite pack in jam packed so I'm pretty hyped to start this.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, could wait for the update and took a sneak peak at it...

I had the impression that we were supposed to be "mobile"..... Just roaming around, killing stuff, yadda, yadda.
Just looking to the amount of stuff in my inventory from the loot bags I started having the felling that maybe I'm supposed to make a base. Later in the quest line you ask us to make machines...
Are we supposed to make a base?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ok, could wait for the update and took a sneak peak at it...

I had the impression that we were supposed to be "mobile"..... Just roaming around, killing stuff, yadda, yadda.
Just looking to the amount of stuff in my inventory from the loot bags I started having the felling that maybe I'm supposed to make a base. Later in the quest line you ask us to make machines...
Are we supposed to make a base?
It depends on your play style. If you can get a mob farm going, then yes. In fact, if you could do nomadic style and grab a bunch on animals with a herd, it would be even better, admittedly more Vampiric. I'm working on making it so that the player can choose how they want to play, and I'm working on benefits for making a base.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on your play style. If you can get a mob farm going, then yes. In fact, if you could do nomadic style and grab a bunch on animals with a herd, it would be even better, admittedly more Vampiric. I'm working on making it so that the player can choose how they want to play, and I'm working on benefits for making a base.
Since there is so much space in the inventory..... An early golden bag of holdig reward...? :p

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I like it to, but I am not going to be able to develop until Thursday. However, @Lumaceon could probably fetch the current version from the Github and make it like this ;)
Not pressuring @Strikingwolf but.... I would love to play the pack without carrying 100 golden apples :p

Kidding man, take your time! Maybe I should stop being lazy and learn the ins and outs of MC modding so I can help instead of complain but.... I'm so lazy.. :p

On a different context, @Gideonseymour, the Though Silverfish spawn rate might be a little, and by little I mean LITTLE, too high!
Its like one every 4-5 silverfish and since they are so hard to kill, more will spawn and suddenly, you are on top of a 2 block pile, fighting 20 silverfish and trying to understand how you end up in this situation when you only wanted to mine one block of cobble....

The only good thing is that after killing all the silverfish, you are 100% sure all the cobble around you is safe for mining :p

thetitan555

Jul 29, 2019
Well, semi-sure. You only killed 19 silverfish. The last one got away.

Anyway, I like the pack. Trying it as soon as I get the chance. Code's 'VAMPIRE', right?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, is it possible to change some world details based on HQM uest progressiob? By world details I mean daylight duration!

Like... if you choose to become human or be less evil, the days keep getting longer to the point of eternal day so you have to create a mob farm or go caving to be able to kill mobs. Not sure, how to fit the 'becoming human' and eternal day on the lore but wouldn't be my problem :p

If you choose the evil path (MuuaahhAAhAhh), days become shorter until you have eternal night. Gives the move vampiric mood to the game and kind increases the difficult to become a vampire, since you will constantly be fighting mobs that 'make' you more human!

Would also be great(not sure if not implemented already) if the villagers made you much more vampire then killing animals. Like... passive mobs would help with the blood hunger struggle but the villagers would be the ones that could 'feed' you properly. This would force the player to make a villager farm and nurture them so he could have 'food' :p

I'm here babbling ideas without proper play of the pack.... So, I might be having some crazy ideas that dont have a place in the pack... Id so, just slap me and tell me to shut up :p

(Can you tell that the 10 mins of play I had last night really excited me!?)

Reactions: buggirlexpres