[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What the.. It wasn't working last night. I tried pulling the engine out and it would always fail. now it worked first try.

PhoenixLodge mentioned before that this bug is often solved by closing the game and re-opening :)

Also, same solution if the redstone replaces the lever in the piston recipe.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange - try mousing over the essence in your inventory and clicking the 'u' button.

Anyway, three vertical essences gets you bones, and three on the diagonal gets you arrows.

EDIT: Turns out the problem with Essence was on my end, can safely ignore my post.

I know about the 'r' and the 'u' keys in NEI, and they def aren't working for this Essence. Maybe my game is messed up? I left it running while I slept because I tried your serpentine pattern, but it is slower than molasses without sprinklers and Agricarnations. I planted a 1-1-1 Iron seed 9 hours ago and it's only at 3-3-2 with a total of 5 plants in those 9 hours. o_O

But I've almost got iron ingots now, which means I can start making Botania Runes and then start making all those good items to speed my plant growth up.

I think you might have the recipes for Skeleton Essence mixed up tho (hopefully you did them from memory) - in my game, three on the diagonal gets me 10 bones, and four in a square gets me a skeleton skull. I didn't know about arrows tho, so thanks. Three in a vertical line gives 12 arrows.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I know about the 'r' and the 'u' keys in NEI, and they def aren't working for this Essence. Maybe my game is messed up? I left it running while I slept because I tried your serpentine pattern, but it is slower than molasses without sprinklers and Agricarnations. I planted a 1-1-1 Iron seed 9 hours ago and it's only at 3-3-2 with a total of 5 plants in those 9 hours. o_O

Er ... not my pattern :)

I'm not sure why everyone's trying to work up the seeds to 10/10/10 immediately. Theres' no race!

I just made a lots of 1x18 strips, planted one seed per crop, and went away and did something else ... growing trees, collecting bees, exploring caves, swimming about looking for pearls, digging up dirt and sand, looking for mushrooms, fishing

I think you might have the recipes mixed up tho (hopefully you did them from memory) - in my game, three on the diagonal gets me 10 bones, and four in a square gets me a skeleton skull. I didn't know about arrows tho, so thanks. Three in a vertical line gives 12 arrows.

Yup, that's me all over - always nearly right. Doh!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry SolMan, got you and GrimJahk mixed up. It happens. :) I'm gonna reboot because now I have a problem with NEI not showing the recipe for Essence of Iron. Maybe it's my computer.

As for the fascination with getting all 10's, I call my affliction "MInecraft OCD", that's all I can tell ya. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KeepKid

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I saw someone complaining about copper seed quest a few pages back and has been answered, but I thought I'd add a tip. Well before then you should have 10,10,10 crops. When you start getting your ore seeds, place it opposite a maxed out sugarcane to help get that copper seed to 10s faster. It won't crossbreed, but will pass stats.I use a 4x4 plot with sugarcane in the middle to level up all my seeds before they go in their normal 4x4 plot. Seriously considering a magical crops automated tower.

My understanding is that although this works now, this won't work in 0.7. So as a purist I'm doing it the hard way. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no. My worst fear - there's yet another newly released 3rd party modpack that I want to play. I wish they had been spread out a bit more, I can't play two packs at once (because I spend all day playing this one!). I wonder if "Phoenix Team" and "thephoenixlodge" are related?

Well, a reboot fixed my essence problems in NEI. That was very odd, but I'll correct my earlier post so I don't create confusion.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry SolMan, got you and GrimJahk mixed up. It happens. :) I'm gonna reboot because now I have a problem with NEI not showing the recipe for Essence of Iron. Maybe it's my computer.

As for the fascination with getting all 10's, I call my affliction "MInecraft OCD", that's all I can tell ya. :D

Oh yes, I've getting all my seeds up to 10/10/10 as well - just didn't feel the need to do it immediately. There's so many other things to do while they're growing.

DArtimos

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried to set up the server. Couple problems. 1) Agricraft is out of date. Take the version from your client put it into server mods. 2) edit ServerStart.bat Change the forge version to 1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 and permSize to PermSize.

Hope this helps others with the same problems.

jebusno2

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem my game wont let me play my world and keeps giving a message saying that forge loader detected that the backup level.dat is being used and clicking the yes prompt just exits it out. I don't know what to do, can anyone help? I have attached the latest crash report if it helps.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-10_13.29.24-server.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 113

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
it is possible to "deactivate" the mariculture vat?

I tried a redstone signal since it works with the casters, but got nothing.

Is for trying to use the x64 heat resistant glass. it always goes for the x1 recipe even with more than enought resources

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How come I cannot get my Agricraft sprinkler to attach to the Irrigation Channel like the mod description says? I placed a Wooden Water Tank, then some Channels, but where does the Sprinkler go? I can't seem to place it down anywhere? Is there some special requirement? Also, what is the range of the sprinkler, how many blocks will it irrigate from where it is placed?

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
How come I cannot get my Agricraft sprinkler to attach to the Irrigation Channel like the mod description says? I placed a Wooden Water Tank, then some Channels, but where does the Sprinkler go? I can't seem to place it down anywhere? Is there some special requirement? Also, what is the range of the sprinkler, how many blocks will it irrigate from where it is placed?
It must be placed on the bottom of an irrigation channel pipe, and they are quite dodgy so you may have to try a few times

kofti

Jul 29, 2019
Only that the channels and tanks need to be from the same wood. But the sprinkler is only one type.

Break the channel you want to attach the sprinkler to and then place it again. I had this issue a couple of times too.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm trying to place the sprinkler on the same elevation as the channel. Let me elevate the channel up into the air and try to place the sprinkler on the bottom.

Yep, that did it, gotta attach it to the bottom of the channel. I put it all up 2 blocks in the air so the sprinkler is one block above my plants. It looks like the range is 7x7, but not sure about the corner blocks farthest from the sprinkler, the particles don't hit those but so far the tilled earth is staying hydrated so hopefully it will be okay.

Best of all, I think my Essence production has increased - can't be positive but it seems like it is helping.

Last edited:

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I've done a bit of searching around. Probably not as much as I should have, but I'm very currious about the reputation system in the quest book and what it does. Is there someplace I can go to look it up? or maybe someone can give me a brief rundown of what they all do? I'm sure this is something I might have been able to find myself but I lost patience in trying.

timber777

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I've done a bit of searching around. Probably not as much as I should have, but I'm very currious about the reputation system in the quest book and what it does. Is there someplace I can go to look it up? or maybe someone can give me a brief rundown of what they all do? I'm sure this is something I might have been able to find myself but I lost patience in trying.

You gain points on various quests being fulfilled and with more points in each category, you unlock further quests. On each quest page, there is a little icon that shows what type and how much reputation that task earns.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
The reputation is a system that functions somewhat like this;
You earn certain reputation for fininshing certain quests, which is customized by the quest organiser. There is a type of task in HQM Quests that requires you to unlock a certain amount of a certain type of reputation. So you can say you need x amount of reputation and then you can start doing this quest. Works pretty well if you have a path system or something

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
For example: you cannot begin the certus seed quests until you have accomplished X faction points in Tech areas.

Garfieldcfc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not the one to be giving advice on what actually crashed your game as I'm horrible at reading logs, but that looks like your launcher log rather than your crash log from the crash-log folder. AFAIK the launcher log doesn't help at all with determining bugs.

I don't think it even MADE a crash log. It's not launching in the first place, so I don't think it would create one. I could be wrong about that, but I also don't know where to find them.

KS1

Jul 29, 2019
I have limited internet and use MultiMC, where I run Agrarian, and Crash Landing well. I discovered Regrowth last night and really want to play it. Regrowth is extremely leggy. From the title screen, all the way into the game. I click on the game I want to play and have to wait for it to highlight, punching trees is torture. I can play it fine through the FTB launcher, but cannot be on line. I am using the same MultiMC setup as all the other packs.

Anyone else running this on MultiMC?
Any ideas on how to fix it?