[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I was watching a YouTuber who was playing this pack and he was able to find clay in the ocean area. I was trying the same thing as well. But I'm not sure that this current patch supports clay just sitting around anymore. am I wrong? or just terribly unlucky? Since I'm in the early stages, harvesting grass seems to be the only way to get clay right now

see this post on page 83 of the thread:

wait why not just go dig up some clay? Find an ocean and you have clay fer dayz

Once you reach a certain point, the rest of the quest book will open up and be available - look in one of the other parts of the quest book for a nice way to make clay. I went thru the same issue, but I have no ocean near me, and I looked for hundreds of blocks in all directions. Turns out there's no need to find an ocean (well, at least for clay - oysters might be a problem for me, groan). Just use your Horn of the Wild on the dead grass in the meantime, to collect enough clay, but you won't have to do that for very much longer.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yeah I've noticed my base getting a bit loud too. The only sound muffler I know of is from Extra Utilities which is not in this pack so i think we'll have to deal with the noise for now.

I use the ultimate sound muffler - ESC, Options, Music & Sounds, Master Volume --> 0. LOL Yes I know it's dangerous because you can't hear those darn creepers "fizzing" right behind you. :)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yeah I've noticed my base getting a bit loud too. The only sound muffler I know of is from Extra Utilities which is not in this pack so i think we'll have to deal with the noise for now.
That's why I left it open ended.. IMHO it would benefit EVERY mod designer to be aware of their own noise-pollution challenges and include something in their mod...

Botania could have a Muffle-lotus that absorbs (reduces) sounds by 50% within an (x)radius...

Railcraft could have an Industrial Dampner to muffle the sounds (75%) generated my steam powered engines within an (x)radius...

These need not be expensive... cheaper the better... it's a quality of life thing... if you get annoyed with the sounds generated, you may avoid the Mod...

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I use the ultimate sound muffler - ESC, Options, Music & Sounds, Master Volume --> 0. LOL Yes I know it's dangerous because you can't hear those darn creepers "fizzing" right behind you. :)
I've had too many spontaneous explosions before using that method so I tend not to do that anymore.:p

That's why I left it open ended.. IMHO it would benefit EVERY mod designer to be aware of their own noise-pollution challenges and include something in their mod...

Botania could have a Muffle-lotus that absorbs (reduces) sounds by 50% within an (x)radius...

Railcraft could have an Industrial Dampner to muffle the sounds (75%) generated my steam powered engines within an (x)radius...
Yeah, that would be nice. Using power or mana to muffle certain sounds a bit. Maybe one of the devs will see this and do something about it. Probably not very high on their priorities list at the moment though.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I've had too many spontaneous explosions before using that method so I tend not to do that anymore.:p

Yeah, that would be nice. Using power or mana to muffle certain sounds a bit. Maybe one of the devs will see this and do something about it. Probably not very high on their priorities list at the moment though.
I edited while you were typing LOL. I would make them cheap and non powered, easy to make and use ... but make them unique to the pack...

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I edited while you were typing LOL. I would make them cheap and non powered, easy to make and use ... but make them unique to the pack...
Ah yeah I think they add the sounds for a reason, though I'm not sure why they need to be that loud. So I'm sure they wouldn't want a cheap/easy way to get rid of them. I was thinking a VERY small amount of Mana/Power and fairly cheap to craft once you've progressed a little ways into the mod.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Okay, I did more research, turns out I think the advice I was given was probably intended to give me a way to make Floral Fertilizer in mass quantity... and NEI is very helpful in that regard, and yes it involves Dyes. :) So now I think you are probably correct, Billy - thank you.

Making Floral Fertilizer in mass quantity does not involve dyes, it involves mana :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
One other tidbit I'll share with the others, like myself, that are "green" to Botania...

Mana pool Next to a Spreader (now using Elven) Pointing up into a mana Fluxfield, next to almost any single RF using device = noisy efficiency...

This brings the question to the surface... is it possible to get some noise dampening block of some sort into this pack? With all the mana bursts and steam engines going off... I just realized why I liked the dream so much... it was quiet. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a paper mill. :D
Newer versions of botania actually allow you to use a piece of wool on a spreader to mute its sounds.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Newer versions of botania actually allow you to use a piece of wool on a spreader to mute its sounds.
Good to know, now we just need to get a way to muffle the sounds from the engines and all of the Mekanism machines a bit.

Making Floral Fertilizer in mass quantity does not involve dyes, it involves mana :)
Dyes work too if you have the massive quantity of Dye Essence that I'm assuming @asb3pe has amassed, or if you don't have that much mana production yet. Especially if you don't have the Alchemy Catalyst (I'm assuming).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I made a few floral fertilizers using dyes (yes, there is a recipe), but it is certainly NOT "mass quantities". More like a slow trickle.

So why did I have this idea in my head that, in order to make the metal essences, I first needed to make dye essence? Someone on this forum gave me this idea. It's valid, but I'm gonna need a LOT of Dye Essence because the metals take a LOT of Mystical Flowers. Luckily, I only need to do this once, after I make the seeds then I can forget about it entirely (I hope). I already made my Iron Seeds so it's going well I guess, but I'm def gonna run out of Floral Fertilizer at the rate I'm using it. I have one stack left and then it's gone.

Dyes work too if you have the massive quantity of Dye Essence that I'm assuming @asb3pe has amassed, or if you don't have that much mana production yet. Especially if you don't have the Alchemy Catalyst (I'm assuming).

I'm working on it... er, I'm sleeping on it. :D Gonna go AFK and let the 'puter run all night long - haven't done that in a long time! I have the "serpentine" setup with my Dye Plants but it is taking forever... worse than watching paint dry. haha Gotta get some 10-10-10's, that will speed up my Mystical Flower production and get me thru the Copper/Tin/Coal grind tomorrow.

I don't think I can do anything advanced with Botania/Mana yet, because I need Iron Ingots (Manasteel) for making all the various Runes. I have no iron yet, but I do have a few seeds, yay!!

Last edited:

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @thephoenixlodge, just wondering why you're not using the latest version of Botania in this pack right now? I just read through the change log and there seems to be some really cool stuff added in the latest few versions.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @thephoenixlodge, just wondering why you're not using the latest version of Botania in this pack right now? I just read through the change log and there seems to be some really cool stuff added in the latest few versions.
Because the current released version of Regrowth has been out for nearly a month. The versions of mods included were the latest ones when I released that version of the pack. My development version does have newer versions of mods including the newest botania.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
ok, if anyone else is having the problem I was, following the advice I was given earlier. Just go into the Config folder and find ThaumicExploration.cfg and change the file from "
enchantment {
I:Binding=77
I: Disarming=79
I:"Night Vision"=78
"
to
"
enchantment {
I:Binding=200
I: Disarming=198
I:"Night Vision"=199
"
Once I changed it to this, the game finally loaded up

Thanks to everyone who helped :)

There is a Space between : Disarming that you will have to remove, I put in the space because it would make :D if I didnt put in the space

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Because the current released version of Regrowth has been out for nearly a month. The versions of mods included were the latest ones when I released that version of the pack. My development version does have newer versions of mods including the newest botania.
Oh I didn't know this version had been out that long. Well now i really can't wait for the 0.7 update. Thanks for the response.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to switch your singeplayer world to your mulitplayer world? do u just move it from your client to your server folder?
That's what i did, Just start the server once to generate the world folder, shut down the server and copy everything in the client world folder into the server world folder. I've copied mine back and forth a few times (because my computer won't run both with any decent fps) with no issues other than the world being renamed to "world" once i copied it back to the client from the server.