[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fun modpack even tho I'm only in very early game. I hope it continues to be fun and doesn't bog down, but so far so good!

Still can't complete the first quest, killed a few Endermen but they haven't dropped any pearls, darn it. And died once trying.

Here's my biggest tip for early game - write down the coordinates of your home base. LOL When I repspawned I realized I was totally lost and in big trouble but luckily I found my house before the sun went down by wandering around and increasing my view distance to the max. WHEW!

And I also can't get a sugarcane to grow between my carrot and wheat even tho I have sand beneath the double thingie. I even put a water block next to the sand in case that is required since sugarcane needs to be adjacent to water in vanilla minecraft. But nothing will grow there for at least the hour or so since I planted them. No Mandrake Root either. Frustrating. I'm stuck on these two quests and can't proceed right now.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, on a LAN world, we partied up and proceeded to play. over the next few days, I logged my coworker on and he was fine, I proceeded to play and accept quests. today, he logged in and found himself back at spawn with only the two books in his inventory, I assured him that he was alive and well in our base when I logged off yesterday. he proceeded to make new tools and continued to play. he was having frame rate issues so we logged and added fastcraft. when we logged back in, he spawned in where I had left him yesterday and his inventory was what he had on him at that point. so, it is like he has two player files, one from yesterday and one from today. it was really weird how he went back to his other inventory. his quest book has progressed with each log. when he logged in today and found no inventory, he got a quest book and it showed that he had 9 quests, he completed them and continued. after we added fastcraft and re logged in, his quest book has kept his progression, it is only his inventory that is not saving.. just wanted to let you know what was happening, he will empty his char into a chest before he logs again. as all of that inventory is fine. just his inventory is bugged.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fun modpack even tho I'm only in very early game. I hope it continues to be fun and doesn't bog down, but so far so good!

Still can't complete the first quest, killed a few Endermen but they haven't dropped any pearls, darn it. And died once trying.

Here's my biggest tip for early game - write down the coordinates of your home base. LOL When I repspawned I realized I was totally lost and in big trouble but luckily I found my house before the sun went down by wandering around and increasing my view distance to the max. WHEW!

And I also can't get a sugarcane to grow between my carrot and wheat even tho I have sand beneath the double thingie. I even put a water block next to the sand in case that is required since sugarcane needs to be adjacent to water in vanilla minecraft. But nothing will grow there for at least the hour or so since I planted them. No Mandrake Root either. Frustrating. I'm stuck on these two quests and can't proceed right now.
Uh, the quest is just to kill a vanilla enderman, not to get a pearl...

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, the quest is just to kill a vanilla enderman, not to get a pearl...

Hmm, okay. Thanks for clarifying. Actually, I fought the little Enderminies and they didn't drop pearls nor complete the quest. When I tried to fight a regular tall one, that's when I died. :)

My goal right now is to make a bed and I think I can do it with a few more spider kills. Sick of waiting thru the night. I know it's just my perception, but it really seems like daytime lasts 5 minutes of real time but nights last the full 10 or so. Time flies when you're having fun, but cowering inside my house all night long is not defined as "fun". :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Violette13

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Make a 2 block high roof (2x2) above you before staring into the eyes of the enderman. You can whack his legs safely while he's trying to get to you.
Usually, when going for pre-armor pearls, I stand under a tree and whack an enderman, but......yeah. that works.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone assist me with mariculture?
The fish feeder isn't registering that there are MORE than plenty water blocks around it and always says the tank is too small and always says the same number to increase tank size. nomatter where i put it from a puddle to my 14x7x4 tank to the ocean. Anyone know how to fix this or what I may be doing wrong?

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone else get burnt out when playing these modpacks and thinking man this base looks like crap? b/c i do and i try to fix it by making a cool base but ultimately failing :'(

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
The fish feeder isn't registering that there are MORE than plenty water blocks around it and always says the tank is too small and always says the same number to increase tank size. nomatter where i put it from a puddle to my 14x7x4 tank to the ocean. Anyone know how to fix this or what I may be doing wrong?
i believe people said to keep taking the fish out and putting them in, but idk i dont fool with mariculture i can never get that to work

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
The fish feeder has brcome notably buggy since my last more 'major' update, I think it's better in newer versions. (still need to fully verify this). Try picking up and replacing the fish.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
The fish feeder has brcome notably buggy since my last more 'major' update, I think it's better in newer versions. (still need to fully verify this). Try picking up and replacing the fish.
Hmm..that sadly doesn't seem to work. And I can only seem to catch female fish..

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone else get burnt out when playing these modpacks and thinking man this base looks like crap? b/c i do and i try to fix it by making a cool base but ultimately failing :'(

I love early game when you're not expected to have an awesome base. Right now I've got the standard "Direwolf" 9x9 cobble thing goin' on... if it's cool enough for him, it's cool enough for me. :)

I get burnt out after I get all the good stuff (mid- to late-game). I seem to hit a wall and don't know what to do next. I'm not a builder at all. No imagination, I'm all about logic (and thus was very sorry when Leonard Nimoy passed on the other day). Early game play is all about logic - how to efficiently do all the basic things and keep making small but steady progression.

Part of what I love about a Quest Mode modpack is because you're literally given the laundry list of what to do next. I don't have to hem and haw over it - it's all right there in the book, just follow along and connect the dots. :D

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019

Put your fish in then log out and back in, this seems to get the feeder to work for one breeding. Just don't put a lot of fish food in because once the fish produce the eggs the feeder glitches again and you lose all the food.

Reactions: joshie

MattcDoesFTB

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I can't understand how I'm supposed to get mushrooms with just spores, infestation seeds require a regular mushroom to make... Any help?