[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know away to increase the spawn rate of the Thaumcraft 4 Eldritch Obelisk?
It's spawning is 'fixed' for 0.7. The issue in 0.7 is that it has a limited variety of blocks it can spawn on, which doesn't include cracked sand. BluSunrize has very kindly exposed this list to a config for me in Witching Gadgets so I have made them able to spawn on cracked sand.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
You will never guess what naturally spawned for me during my livestream tonight.. (The answer pic in spoiler)
javaw%202015-03-07%2007-29-43-81_zpsxvkmscpa.jpg

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
It's spawning is 'fixed' for 0.7. The issue in 0.7 is that it has a limited variety of blocks it can spawn on, which doesn't include cracked sand. BluSunrize has very kindly exposed this list to a config for me in Witching Gadgets so I have made them able to spawn on cracked sand.

So 0.7 in the next hours or what? :p

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet at least I dont have to travel very far to find one now

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You will never guess what naturally spawned for me during my livestream tonight.. (The answer pic in spoiler)
javaw%202015-03-07%2007-29-43-81_zpsxvkmscpa.jpg
In the ocean this is possible yes. The wasteland counts as a desert however, so for the most part you are unlikely to get natural grass spawns as in vanilla, deserts don't allow natural grass spawns.
Sweet at least I dont have to travel very far to find one now
You may find that you'll want to use TCs retrogen for the Obelisks after the update.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
In the ocean this is possible yes. The wasteland counts as a desert however, so for the most part you are unlikely to get natural grass spawns as in vanilla, deserts don't allow natural grass spawns.

You may find that you'll want to use TCs retrogen for the Obelisks after the update.
I think the star of that pic was the sheep. I had a bunch of them spawn for me as well the other day.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
I have a bunch of animals wandering about my base... I forgot that silverwoods brought their own biome with them and now have a small magical forest biome where occasionally something will spawn.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack so far, I like how it's one of the few packs that doesn't end up blowing my cruddy computer's FPS to oblivion. The progression is also quite nice, relying on nature mods and giving plenty of resources to keep players alive and without a lack of resources. Many packs seem to focus on "the hunger challenge" which just feels more limiting than it does challenging, but here farming is a way of gathering resources instead of a food grind. I also like the idea of slowly transforming the wasteland into a place where life can live again.

I have Essence and Reed plants next to the same cross-crops, with no other plants to mess anything up, and it's been over an entire Minecraft week and nothing's popped up there. No Nature Seeds whatsoever. Arrghhh. When I boot the pack up again, I swear I'm going to move my essence seeds into the middle of 4 cross-crops with reeds in the corners because I'm so freaking mad. (And yes, I'm using farmland, not sand, to breed the nature seeds.)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please change the world anchor/personal anchor recipes. A lot of servers disable the world anchor to save chunkloading but your MT script adds the recipe back in and overrides the railcraft config. Also you made it so the personal anchor is crafted using the world anchor which means you can't disable the world anchor and allow the personal one without a ton of messing about.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please change the world anchor/personal anchor recipes. A lot of servers disable the world anchor to save chunkloading but your MT script adds the recipe back in and overrides the railcraft config. Also you made it so the personal anchor is crafted using the world anchor which means you can't disable the world anchor and allow the personal one without a ton of messing about.
If they want to disable it they can remove the lines of script that change it. I change it because otherwise Chunkloading is completely inaccessible until you've got diamonds, which takes quite a while to get. So no, I will not remove my recipe change for the anchors.

Reactions: asb3pe