[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

agroschim

Jul 29, 2019
May be there is something I overlooked but how are you supposed to get an alumite level pick to complete Reclaimation?

agroschim

Jul 29, 2019
Make some alumite? That quest is a long term one which takes you right through to getting Osmium

Okay. To be more precise. How do I get Aluminium/Bauxite? From Magic Crops? Because I have not yet unlocked the quest that gives the Aluminium Essence to craft the seeds.

PS: The pack is amazing. Love it. The interplay between Botania and Magic Crops is just perfect <3

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. To be more precise. How do I get Aluminium/Bauxite? From Magic Crops? Because I have not yet unlocked the quest that gives the Aluminium Essence to craft the seeds.

PS: The pack is amazing. Love it. The interplay between Botania and Magic Crops is just perfect <3
It's in the second tier of the Magic crops, which you need to make the Elemental runes to unlock

agroschim

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, thanks so much. I made the Elemental Runes allready because I took Regular Essence ealier as a reward.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack stable enough to play now? I played in 0.5.1 but some quests didn't work. Can i continue to use that world?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack stable enough to play now? I played in 0.5.1 but some quests didn't work. Can i continue to use that world?
You should be able to update to 0.5.2, which fixes a number of broken quests just fine. Some witchery quests are still broken in 0.5.2, but they will be fixed once I release 0.6

Dark721

Jul 29, 2019
can some one tell me if magnesium is super rare because I've been exploring the nether and haven't found a single block

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
can some one tell me if magnesium is super rare because I've been exploring the nether and haven't found a single block
It doesn't spawn and isn't meant to. I derped when writing that quest and included it by accident. Just cheat in a block of Nether Magnesium Ore if you want to do it before the next version

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Well after a Creeper I was nowhere near enough to take a full blast still did enough damage to kill me even with 1 armour notch. I have to start again cause I play Hardcore all the time. T_T

People will undoubtedly make the part builder and make the tool parts with that, then complain how the quest won't detect that they've made the parts. It's what was happening before I changed the crafting table recipe
Wow that really is a problem. Well then... How about a method make the logs in the same way that you make the crafting bench, a 2x2+Axe in the crafting table to make a log... I Know its for a personal petproject of mine that I am asking this but really the cost of making a log is over the top when it becomes difficult to collect the mats for it...

MrStakvik

Jul 29, 2019
So I found this mod yesterday while watching Tibbzeh stream. However, I can't actually get the pack to work, and when I click launch, it gives me this:
Pack: Regrowth 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[11:39:09] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[11:39:09] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Any idea on how to fix this? I'm a bit of a computer scrub so please don't confuse me >.<. Thanks!

Do u got 64 Bit windows and Java? u need to have that installed

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
I now using normal magical crops you can get exp bottles from any of the mob crops. Try looking at what you can make from them.

How strange. I had a look at this today, and found that (by clicking U on the skeleton essences) I could use those to make exp bottles. Now, when I click R on an exp bottle, it shows that I can use any number of 'mob essences' - but before this, it only showed the cow and magama essences. Now beginning to think that I'm going crazy, but I'm sure I checked this several times before I posted my initial question.

Thank you!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
How strange. I had a look at this today, and found that (by clicking U on the skeleton essences) I could use those to make exp bottles. Now, when I click R on an exp bottle, it shows that I can use any number of 'mob essences' - but before this, it only showed the cow and magama essences. Now beginning to think that I'm going crazy, but I'm sure I checked this several times before I posted my initial question.

Thank you!

Did you update since the last time you checked? There could have bin a config fubar that was resonantly corrected.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Did you update since the last time you checked? There could have bin a config fubar that was resonantly corrected.
I don't think so. But it's possible that I moved from 0.53 on the FTB launcher (which I believe is actually 0.51 renamed) 'down' to 0.52, so perhaps something there.

On a different note, is there any chance we might be able to get apatite as a (rare) drop from long grass? Having just built a forestry multi-farm to support the charcoal required for diamond essences, I now find I can't run it because apatite ore generation is (in line with the pack theme) disabled. That's quite a bit of investment to find that you can't run it. And since it is possible to get the floral fertilizer and bonemeal, it doesn't seem that much of a stretch.

lucas6921a

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so. But it's possible that I moved from 0.53 on the FTB launcher (which I believe is actually 0.51 renamed) 'down' to 0.52, so perhaps something there.

On a different note, is there any chance we might be able to get apatite as a (rare) drop from long grass? Having just built a forestry multi-farm to support the charcoal required for diamond essences, I now find I can't run it because apatite ore generation is (in line with the pack theme) disabled. That's quite a bit of investment to find that you can't run it. And since it is possible to get the floral fertilizer and bonemeal, it doesn't seem that much of a stretch.
If I ever need any ores that I don't have in my farm I go to the nether :D

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
If I ever need any ores that I don't have in my farm I go to the nether :D
Oh. Is there apatite ore in the nether? I didn't even think to look there! I'll check it out - thank you :)

Related question - what's the easiest path to a Thaumium grade pickaxe? I looked at Pig Iron, but that requires emerald, so decided that was out. Thaumium however requires greatwood for the research table, which requires a greatwood sapling, which requires a distillery, which requires an infused diamond. Diamonds, as mentioned above, require 48 blocks of charcoal to get the essence for the seed. It *feels* like this is a long chain to make the next bit of progress, so I thought I'd check if I missed anything? I know that there was talk of a set of Thaumcraft quests, so it might be that this accelerates progress at this stage?