[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TimidAbi

Jul 29, 2019
If you can find any commonly used pack that has Antique atlas is it I might agree with you. But as it stands there is not.
Break all the crutches you want but you should also promote the mods that are underutilized. And Antique atlas certainly counts.
There are a number of packs that it is most suitable for. But no one seemes to be willing to give it the chance it deserves.

But even if you don't the point is that we need a map, any sort of map, to use right at the beginning of the world. Starting the game with the bibliocraft atlas and a stack of maps is one of the options but seems off to have any quantity of items. Not in this barren wasteland of a world.
A single Antique atlas simply fits the world far better than bibliocraft would.

Nah, it isn't really needed. Just hit F3 and jot down the cords like in vanilla. :)

Araclast

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to get dye seeds to craft on the runic altar using floral dyes, the altar doesnt want to start the crafting process. I've also tried using some of the extra-biomes dyes with no luck.
http://i.imgur.com/5sHaRhN.png

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know where you're getting that from. Exp seeds need an Essence Seed, 4 Strong Essence, 1 summer rune, 1 mana rune and 2 Bottle o' Experience

Agreed. But the only recipe for a Bottle o' Experience is using the essences I mentioned above. Unless there's another way that isn't in NEI? I have a horrible feeling there's going to be something vanilla that I've never used!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. But the only recipe for a Bottle o' Experience is using the essences I mentioned above. Unless there's another way that isn't in NEI? I have a horrible feeling there's going to be something vanilla that I've never used!

I now using normal magical crops you can get exp bottles from any of the mob crops. Try looking at what you can make from them.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this pack so far, havnt made any real progression past the first quest page but it looks promising. Thanks to the mod Authors :)

lucas6921a

Jul 29, 2019
You can trade with some types of villagers for Bottles o' Enchanting I believe! Not that there are any villagers...

Dark721

Jul 29, 2019
I've come across two issues while playing.

1. It's really small and not really sure if its the pack or the launcher but every time I start it up it asks if i want to update to 5.3, it takes a second realizes its already updated and starts normally and works fine from that point on.

2. This is the one I've seen a couple times and it's probably already been brought up but with the water tank siding quest I crafted the 27 for the quest and it only counted the 5 crafts needed to make them.(Edit: after going back to the game it registered the water tank siding and let me finish the quest)

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
part of the crafting table recipe change was to stop the first tools being made with the tinkers tables. If I make the log craftable in the 2x2 it'll make it possible to make the part builder without the crafting table
You know still not seeing how this will change anything, you still need to make a crafting bench for the tool table. Its an extra unneeded step...

Araclast

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda hard to tell, but alI I can think is maybe, is that definitely a grey powder there?
I was constantly swapping threw different dyes trying to troubleshoot when I took that pic but yeah took another try using a creative set up with no luck

http://i.imgur.com/i9PgqV8.png

EDIT: using all normal minecraft dyes worked, so then I replaced each dye one at a time... and then they all worked... I'm thoroughly confused but I'm sure I'm just stupid and missed something somewhere

Last edited:

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
How in 0.5.2 get feathers? There is recipe using air essence but to make air seed i need feathers already :/

Cometguy2286

Jul 29, 2019
So I found this mod yesterday while watching Tibbzeh stream. However, I can't actually get the pack to work, and when I click launch, it gives me this:
Pack: Regrowth 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[11:39:09] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[11:39:09] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Any idea on how to fix this? I'm a bit of a computer scrub so please don't confuse me >.<. Thanks!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
How in 0.5.2 get feathers? There is recipe using air essence but to make air seed i need feathers already :/
Try Eggs...
You know still not seeing how this will change anything, you still need to make a crafting bench for the tool table. Its an extra unneeded step...
People will undoubtedly make the part builder and make the tool parts with that, then complain how the quest won't detect that they've made the parts. It's what was happening before I changed the crafting table recipe

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Omg, so obvious.. Didnt think of it. Big thnx

Try Eggs...

People will undoubtedly make the part builder and make the tool parts with that, then complain how the quest won't detect that they've made the parts. It's what was happening before I changed the crafting table recipe

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just thought I'd report a bug in the 5.3 version of this mod.

I've played around a bit with it, and gotten so far that I've completed the following quests
  • Let's try punching things
  • Such a tool
  • Earthly possessions
  • Patterned response
  • Ender-ference

Both "Patterned response" and "Ender-ference" have the text "Unlocks 1 quest elsewhere"
The problem I ran in to is that despite having completed them both, neither actually unlocks quests elsewhere.
A thought just struck me. Is it possible to unlock a quest elsewhere without unlocking the chapter it is in? In case it is, and that is indeed what is going on, well, it would be very confusing for players (like me) =)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just thought I'd report a bug in the 5.3 version of this mod.

I've played around a bit with it, and gotten so far that I've completed the following quests
  • Let's try punching things
  • Such a tool
  • Earthly possessions
  • Patterned response
  • Ender-ference

Both "Patterned response" and "Ender-ference" have the text "Unlocks 1 quest elsewhere"
The problem I ran in to is that despite having completed them both, neither actually unlocks quests elsewhere.
A thought just struck me. Is it possible to unlock a quest elsewhere without unlocking the chapter it is in? In case it is, and that is indeed what is going on, well, it would be very confusing for players (like me) =)
It's just a matter of the quests that they unlock having other requirements as well being why you haven't seen said quests.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok. That's kinda confusing actually.
I have no experience with programming for the HQM framework, but if possible it should probably only show the "Unlocks 1 q... yackediyack" on the last of such requirements needed? (if that is possible).
I thought it was even worse than it was however. I only had "Grass-ping at straws", left to complete and though that perhaps the other 2 quests were needed in order to progress, turned out though that the grass one did unlock other stuff, you had me worried though. ;)