[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Alright,this is interesting. My Thaumatorium's refusing to make me Harvest Cores. I know it works; I've made three stacks of Alumentum with it,three Nitor,and three Straw Golems. But now,it refuses to make Harvest Cores,despite there being two full jars,each,of Meto and Messis on the line,hooked up just like the rest of the jars. In fact,the Thaumatorium won't make ANY Animation Cores; They're all greyed out and flashing. Anybody know what's up?

EDIT: New issue,though it isn't game breaking. Though,I do consider it an absolute crying shame; Kain Vinosec's music doesn't play when I summon the Guardian,and I have my music cranked.

EDIT Mk II: In an attempt to turn Terrasteel into a suit of Advanced Power Armour Mk II,I've started enchanting it with,well... Everything. Now,I've never really grappled with enchanting before,and everything I looked up says that Thorns,Protection,Blast Protection,Projectile Protection,Fire Protection,and Feather Falling are not mutually exclusive. However,my Infusion Altar refuses to initiate the process to add Fire Protection I to my Terrasteel Boots. Here's what they have,so far;

-Haste III
-Feather Falling IV
-Thorns III
-Blast Protection IV

I've checked the Minecraft wiki numerous times,to check if these enchantments are compatible,and not once did I see mention of them being incompatible. What's up?

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Alright,this is interesting. My Thaumatorium's refusing to make me Harvest Cores. I know it works; I've made three stacks of Alumentum with it,three Nitor,and three Straw Golems. But now,it refuses to make Harvest Cores,despite there being two full jars,each,of Meto and Messis on the line,hooked up just like the rest of the jars. In fact,the Thaumatorium won't make ANY Animation Cores; They're all greyed out and flashing. Anybody know what's up?

EDIT: New issue,though it isn't game breaking. Though,I do consider it an absolute crying shame; Kain Vinosec's music doesn't play when I summon the Guardian,and I have my music cranked.

EDIT Mk II: In an attempt to turn Terrasteel into a suit of Advanced Power Armour Mk II,I've started enchanting it with,well... Everything. Now,I've never really grappled with enchanting before,and everything I looked up says that Thorns,Protection,Blast Protection,Projectile Protection,Fire Protection,and Feather Falling are not mutually exclusive. However,my Infusion Altar refuses to initiate the process to add Fire Protection I to my Terrasteel Boots. Here's what they have,so far;

-Haste III
-Feather Falling IV
-Thorns III
-Blast Protection IV

I've checked the Minecraft wiki numerous times,to check if these enchantments are compatible,and not once did I see mention of them being incompatible. What's up?
*raises eyebrow*

Everything I'd read said that all the "Protection" enchantments WERE exclusive! Minecraft Wiki, Enchantment Mechanics.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
...I ctrl+f for "Incompatible" and "Exclusive",and got nothing,when the more common "Conflict" was used. Whelp,serves me right for relying on ctrl+f.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

-Haste III
-Feather Falling IV
-Thorns III
-Blast Protection IV

you can not have blast, projectile, fire, and basic protection on same piece of armor. vanilla mechanic.

Mrrrrrr

May 6, 2017

-Haste III
-Feather Falling IV
-Thorns III
-Blast Protection IV

Are you sure you've researched everything needed to make the cores? If I recall correctly, you had to start a new world.....maybe you inadvertently jumped the gun with Thaumcraft stuff?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Are you sure you've researched everything needed to make the cores? If I recall correctly, you had to start a new world.....maybe you inadvertently jumped the gun with Thaumcraft stuff?

That's not the case; My Thaumcraft habits are to research everything I can,until I run out of topics to research,then start building Thaumcraft stuff.

Mrrrrrr

May 6, 2017
Ah. I've done a few restarts myself when I either lost interest in what I was doing or when there were big updates, so I've slipped up and tried to do stuff while forgetting the prerequisites needed. This modpack is the 1st pack I've ever played, and it's my first foray into modded minecraft as well so I've got the bare minimum of knowledge and this pack is rather forgiving and informative when it comes to experimentation w/out needing to be in creative mode.

K

kate_147

I'm totally lost. My apothecary isn't working and the only thing I can assume is that I'm not using a water bucket (made with iron). I currently am using the clay pot to fill it with water. With that, I also have no way to make iron in order to make the bucket. I also can't move forward in the majority of my quests because the lack of iron.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I'm totally lost. My apothecary isn't working and the only thing I can assume is that I'm not using a water bucket (made with iron). I currently am using the clay pot to fill it with water. With that, I also have no way to make iron in order to make the bucket. I also can't move forward in the majority of my quests because the lack of iron.

You're using a fired clay bucket,yes? As in,after you sculpted it of clay,you cooked it? If so,the Petal Apothecary can be... Finnicky,to say the least,about where you need to click it to fill it. To be most reliable,right click the bottom of the basin. From there,follow NEI's and the Lexica Botania's instructions on making flowers in it,and finish off every recipe by chucking in a seed. Any kind of seed; It doesn't matter. To add items to the Petal Apothecary,you need to drop them in. However,if you're doing mass flower production,you can easily refill the Apothecary,and right click it with an empty hand to automatically insert the ingredients.

The clay bucket works. It has to,or else progression would be impossible.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
1. Fill apothecary using 1 fired clay bucket.
2. Toss whatever petals are required for the recipie into the apothecary. The petals actually need to be dropped or thrown into it.
3. Drop a wheat seed (or other seed) into the apothecary to complete the recipie.

This should work. I did it not too long ago.

Also, don't stress over the lack of iron. It is meant to be that way and iron is a good bit away from where you are. Get the apothecary working and a good number of quests you can do will unlock.

K

kate_147

You're using a fired clay bucket,yes? As in,after you sculpted it of clay,you cooked it? If so,the Petal Apothecary can be... Finnicky,to say the least,about where you need to click it to fill it. To be most reliable,right click the bottom of the basin. From there,follow NEI's and the Lexica Botania's instructions on making flowers in it,and finish off every recipe by chucking in a seed. Any kind of seed; It doesn't matter. To add items to the Petal Apothecary,you need to drop them in. However,if you're doing mass flower production,you can easily refill the Apothecary,and right click it with an empty hand to automatically insert the ingredients.

The clay bucket works. It has to,or else progression would be impossible.

Yeah, I'm using the fired clay bucket and have right clicked everywhere on the apothecary and the petals are still not dropping into it

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Yeah, I'm using the fired clay bucket and have right clicked everywhere on the apothecary and the petals are still not dropping into it

I've noticed that in your original post you said you're using a clay pot; The pack does have such an item,that is distinct from the clay bucket. Further,to add petals to the Apothecary,you need to actually throw them in,default to the Q key. Little things like that catch people all the time.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Just for clarity's sake, does the apothecary look like it has water in it? If so, then we can focus on getting the petals in. (That 'Q' mechanic isn't my favorite, I'll admit.)

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,my Hungry Node is almost to the point I want it. In order to not reduce my world to a virulent purple soup,I need to know something; Do Ethereal Blooms have a lifetime once planted? For some reason,I think they do.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
That's excellent. Also,I can't seem to upgrade my Ethereal Familiar; I made an Aqua Ethereal Familiar,and the Infusion Altar refuses to accept my valid Arc Amplification recipe.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
That's excellent. Also,I can't seem to upgrade my Ethereal Familiar; I made an Aqua Ethereal Familiar,and the Infusion Altar refuses to accept my valid Arc Amplification recipe.
Perhaps the Discord channels would be a better place for back and forth conversations?