[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You ARE playing a video game hon, one where in most modded skyblocks you can get everything in the game by composting trees into dirt and then sifting it, eventually. Bees magically appearing in hives you've tossed into a mana pool isn't really the weirdest thing you'll encounter on a casual tour of the modded scene.
As to your explanation, yup. Make the hive, place it, break it with the right tool, put the bee you receive into a 'bee house' or 'apiary'. Let the hive go on as is forever, or cross breed to get new bees and combs that produce different things.

S

Shadeblade_

I'm trying to run a server for me and my friend, and every time i load up a world, it comes generated like i was playing vanilla mc. I was wondering if there was anyway to fix that, that you may know of?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The server needs to run the Minecraft generic .jar files and the specific .jar and config files for the modpack you are playing. It depends on the server program you are running how that is done. I, personally, run a program called MineOS which is Linux based and builds its own server script file to run what needs running.

H

HaruDasom

2017-02-02_23.22.58.png

How can I use this?
Thaumonomicon says that I can use it to get research points, but I don't know how to use it.
Right-click and Shift-right-click don't work

H

Harstdeath

Other than being a nice nod to Discworld, iconographs are useful to allow you to share scans of things with other players. You take a snap and then give it to someone who doesn't have the thing scanned and hey presto instant RP.
I found this on reddit.
In other words, it seems not to be very helpful for you, unless it was given to you.

But, just as i'm curious, how do you get them?

(PS : Your tinker crossbow is very nice, what effect do you have on it?)

H

HaruDasom

I found this on reddit.
In other words, it seems not to be very helpful for you, unless it was given to you.

But, just as i'm curious, how do you get them?

(PS : Your tinker crossbow is very nice, what effect do you have on it?)

Oh, I see. I thought it allows me to get research points more than twice from one item, but it doesn't.
So it is an item for multiplayer like research duplication.

To get some developed iconographies, you should research 'Thaumic Iconograph Box' in Witching Gadgets tab.
And craft a thaumic iconograph box and some mirrored glasses, which are very similar to a camera and a film.
Consuming a mirrored glass, you can take a picture of items or entities with thaumic iconograph box, yielding an iconographic plate.
To get developed iconographies, just craft the iconographic plate, an ink sac, and a piece of paper on your arcane workbench.

Now I have understood that using a developed iconograpy will give me research points of the picture, if I have not scanned the subject of the picture with a thaumometer.

+ Crossbow

Thaumium Crossbow Limb (moderate draw speed and arrow speed, and a modifier)
Pokefennium Crossbow Body (x3 durability in regrowth modpack)
Paper Tough Binding (+1 modifier)
Enchanted Bowstring (craft with enchanted fabric from thaumcraft) (hasten draw speed and give extra modifier)

3 more extra modifiers (a golden block + a diamond, a notch apple + a diamond block, and a nether star)

Attach a moss for auto-repair and as many redstones as possible for draw speed. It will be reduced to 0.25sec

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
In the final config has been enabled Forestry giving a chance to more bees in the hive. This is useful on modpacks, where there are no princesses, eg skyblock but in this build such a change is unnecessary and changes the whole dynamic of the game in forestry.
Here is a way of obtaining pure princess in regrowth
1. Create a large hive and put in swarmer 4 stacks of Royal Jelly
2. It turns approximately 3-4 hive and princesses
3. (if fast) Through the botany altar throws bees and get hives, drop it to the manapool and get waterhive or stonehive
4. (if long) in the flower of magicbees

S

ShadowOfHorror

I have a question. For me the mudpack downloaded without any trouble but it's extremely laggy to the point where it has become impossible to play. I've played multiple other modpacks with even more mods than this one offers but runs worse than the others. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried changing my FOV, Rendering Chunks, turned the graphics down to a bare minimum, etc. to see if that helped but it doesn't. My computer isn't old and I have a really good graphics card so that shouldn't be the problem. It opened just fine and the world loaded just fine but it is unplayable with the level of lag. If I could get some help that would be nice because I really want to play it but I sadly can't.

.allbliss.

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys!

I have a little inquiry. i keep experiencing this issue with regards to the bspace barrels from jabba with them getting out of sync when i quit the game and relogging. i did experience a game breaking crash prior to this issue happening, when i was forced to use mcedit to fix some corrupted chunks, and after that, the bspace barrels keep getting out of sync. i tried deleteing the jabba folder on my saves file, remove all the barrels linked and resync them, but every now and then, i have to resync them coz they would get messed up after logging back in. tried googling it to find out if this is an issue with the mod itself however, it’s been unfruitful.

i love this pack. been playing it for months now and i dont want to just drop it because of some annoying sync issues with the barrels.

anyway, im playing the pack with additional mods. if you guys need a list, let me know.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. For me the mudpack downloaded without any trouble but it's extremely laggy to the point where it has become impossible to play. I've played multiple other modpacks with even more mods than this one offers but runs worse than the others. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried changing my FOV, Rendering Chunks, turned the graphics down to a bare minimum, etc. to see if that helped but it doesn't. My computer isn't old and I have a really good graphics card so that shouldn't be the problem. It opened just fine and the world loaded just fine but it is unplayable with the level of lag. If I could get some help that would be nice because I really want to play it but I sadly can't.
Do you have fastcraft installed and enabled in the pack? What's your RAM allowance for Minecraft through whichever launcher you're using, and is it half or less of the total RAM you have plugged into your motherboard? Did you add anything to the pack at all? What's your Java version currently, and is it 64 bit, also is your OS 64 bit?

TheClaus

Jul 29, 2019
So I spent a good two hours roaming nightmare world for disturbed cotton and didn't find any. I finally decided to cheat it in to complete the quest. Is it truly that rare? I can tell you that in my nightmare world there were a ton of oak saplings everywhere. I also saw those yellow things but couldn't attack it without getting hit by the monster and any other spawns.

H

Harstdeath

Hello guys.
I'm back with 3 more questions.
First of all, i'm trying to get the "best" stuff i can for fight or as tools. I've pretty proud of my weapons (i discovered i can put modifiers on my bolts, it's so strong, fiery, auto repair on bolts!). But for my armor, i can't choose. I'm not very far in thaumcraft, i didn't killed Gaia spirit yet (that's why i'm looking for a better armor) same for the dragon, but i have nether star. I have all seeds or almost (just need a few more from magical foods), and some cinderpearl and things like this. I love tinker's explorer's one (double jump, water walk, night vision, feather falling, step up) and i just use spiderman enchant from mariculture to complete. But while fighting, it doesn't reduce damages very much.
So? what good armor can we find on this pack?

I'm going to set up a second forestry multifarm (i already have one for coal essence, for RF and mana). I am wondering... Can we use different seeds on the same face of a farm? I mean i set it up with manual orchard farming. And i plant one iron seed, one copper seed, one aluminium, one cobalt, one ardite, ...
For constant supplies of each harvestable product?
I'm imaginating sending all of this to auto workbenches then, melting up metals, and sending all of this to my drawer controller.

And my last question : I've sometimes pumping issues that make my high pressure solid boiler running out of water.
I've 2 solutions. Either i put water with a bucket, it explodes and i have to rebuild somes parts (just some clays, gunpowder, blazepowder, coal, cobblestone, and steel, nothing to hard to find now)
OR
i can wait for so long, until its temperature goes down til 99°C and set my pump up again (Last time, i was setting up my cables, my pump goes out of RF and the pipes have been filled of steam instead of water).
I think i'll work on taking more spaces to have 1 circuit for steam with big multiblocks steel tank as buffers, and 1 circuit for water, with no hazard of connection.
But for now, i'm trying to now if there's a way to have my boiler cool down faster, like flowing water on it. I googled it but no way to find anything else than supply your boiler with water, which is not a good answer, too much explosive for now.

Just remembered one last thing : is it a way to have princess bee with the same eather tolerance than their queen mother? Trying to have silk in wasteland/ocean biome with a tropical princess. But each time my queen died i have to reacclimate the princess with snowballs.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys.
I'm back with 3 more questions.
-snip-
Blood Magic armor is pretty good, especially if you throw sigils into it as you make it. However it is high up the "tech tree" and requires a lot of setup and LP generation or storage.
Terrasteel armor from Botania, especially when enchanted, is very good. You can put the Wills you get from the Gaia Guardian on it later as well.
If you decide to do Thaumcraft before Gaia, fortress armor is supposed to be rather strong, though admittedly I haven't had much cause to use it before.
---
Yes, as long as the farm is manual and everything is on crop sticks, you can put as many or as few different types as you want. The only issue may be pumping it all out in a timely manner, since the farm only has a few internal slots for produce.
---
Mekanism pipes yo. They pump much faster than Buildcraft ones, all you need do is make sure that you have enough water being produced to keep the thing running.

Last edited:
H

Harstdeath

I have no problem with pipes. I've just stopped my pump for too long.
And meka transport cables doesn't pull out from chest, as far as I know.

Isn't elementium armor strings thanks terrasteel ? I think elementium is a little bit more late game so it should be. OK i'll keep enchanting books til i'll get perfect enchantements for armor and i'll do botania one.
I've lvl 2 bloodmagic altar so i think i'm pretty far from bloodmagic infusés armor.

TheClaus

Jul 29, 2019

Isn't elementium armor strings thanks terrasteel ? I think elementium is a little bit more late game so it should be. OK i'll keep enchanting books til i'll get perfect enchantements for armor and i'll do botania one.
I've lvl 2 bloodmagic altar so i think i'm pretty far from bloodmagic infusés armor.

I can tell you right now terrasteel is much better than elementium. Especially when it comes to the Guardian. I fought the Guardian with both and died more with elementium. Once I did terrasteel it was still a long fight but not as much damage was being taken from him. Invest in that and as for enchanting remember that the pack has Bibliocraft so you can copy books. Just need the exp to copy it. I was copying Protection 1 book until I got Protection 4. It was more work but I knew I would get Protection 4 out of it in the end.

H

Harstdeath

Oh really? I don't know this i'll try it. I need Thorns II, prot 5.
I miss enchanting from 1.8 which allows to choose enchantement

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For the Logistical Transporter pipes (basic Mekanism item transport) I believe they can; there is something you do with the configurator I believe - it makes the connected end either flare out (for pulling), squeeze in (for inserting) or disconnect completely - shift+right-click should do the job. Note this has to be done on the end of the pipe closest to the inventory - if you do it in the middle, it colours it.

M

Meald

Hi!
I Couldn't find that information but i'm stuck at the quest smith of the year that require blacksmith's anvil and hammer. I completed it but nothing follow it. I know there are quest for bloomery and blast furnace that i crafted but the quest arn't unlocked or even vidsible.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
I Couldn't find that information but i'm stuck at the quest smith of the year that require blacksmith's anvil and hammer. I completed it but nothing follow it. I know there are quest for bloomery and blast furnace that i crafted but the quest arn't unlocked or even vidsible.

I do not remember exactly what unlocks the next step. But a lot of the quests are interdependent on sections being done in other chapters (also to boost your reputation to unlock the next steps). My advice is poke around the other chapters and find anything that will boost your rep in that area and it "should" unlock the next steps.