[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

A

anillegalgoat

None of the ore seed recipies show up in either nei or the runic alter if i use the U button.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Got an issue. I decided that since everytime a village goes inactive (millenaire) and then I return I have to reload the game so the village would work correctly that I would create an AE2 quantum bridge to access my items. Works great except my power system stops even though I have a world anchor loading it. I have a railcraft boiler with 16 industrial steam engines for a power plant. The world anchor doesn't seem to force load the chunks or something. When I go back the boiler is hot and the engines resume just like theres nothing wrong but I can't visit my base to load it and keep a village 1k blocks away active without the village glitching. Any clues as to what may be the cause? I changed my power pipes from BC to Mekanism thinking the BC pipes may not be loading but there was no change. Currently at a loss and any recommendations would be appreciated.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I've experienced that problem before in previous worlds with anchors and boilers. I never bothered to solve it tho, but this play thru i am playing around with mek power sources (currently using the gas-powered generator). Tonight when i get home i will try seeing if i have the same problem.

madseed

Jul 29, 2019
I started to join my friend playing regrowth on a server. After starting to get the game i realized i get stuck every 10s-20s, I can place block and break blocks, but i cant chat or move. I found a way to solve this temporarily by tabbing out and tab back (f11). But this keep on happening and it really triggers me. I tried on different servers... but its still the same issue. Some plz help

rockhog

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anywhere I could find a regrowth server? I haven't played regrowth in a few weeks now. I want to come back on a server though.

I

Iya_Taisho

I have a quick question. I finally got a Poltergeist to spawn (took forever, but yay due that I managed to snag 2 at once). However, when I went to look at the quest book, it is asking for a Spectral Stone. No problem, since I crafted a new one to settle this. However, it cannot detect my new stone. Is this quest bugged or am I missing something?

Korva

Jul 29, 2019
I finally started this modpack, the first one I've really spent any time on, and am really enjoying it. The theme and feel of it as well as the interplay between the various mods get two thumbs up. :) Being unfamiliar with most of the tech mods can be a bit daunting, but it's a learning experience too and satisfying when something works.

Has anyone else had trouble with the Basic Energy Cube not being detected by the "Power Store" quest in "How the World Enhances"? I made two just to see if the first time was a fluke, but it neither auto-detects nor is there a manual submit button.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I finally started this modpack, the first one I've really spent any time on, and am really enjoying it. The theme and feel of it as well as the interplay between the various mods get two thumbs up. :) Being unfamiliar with most of the tech mods can be a bit daunting, but it's a learning experience too and satisfying when something works.

Has anyone else had trouble with the Basic Energy Cube not being detected by the "Power Store" quest in "How the World Enhances"? I made two just to see if the first time was a fluke, but it neither auto-detects nor is there a manual submit button.
It is a known issue, @Korva , and is scheduled to be fixed in version 1.0.2. That is waiting on a fix for Agricraft crop shearing, as I understand.

Magnic

Jul 29, 2019
ok, maybe someone can help me. After update to 1.0.0 (on FTB launcher) i can't play regrowth anymore. It downloads all the mods and when it finish, ALL mods are nowhere to be found. Like they all evaporated. Anyone has a link to full modpack download? Curse launcher don't work on any modpack, so it isn't an option.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda silly question but are you still using the code "regrowth" on the FTB launcher? I ask because that bit me. Scroll through your list of 3rd party packs, you will probably find another entry for Regrowth.

Magnic

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda silly question but are you still using the code "regrowth" on the FTB launcher? I ask because that bit me. Scroll through your list of 3rd party packs, you will probably find another entry for Regrowth.
No, i'm not using this code since 0.7.2. After Regrowth updated from 0.9.1 to 1.0.0 every entry end up as a blank one. All mods are deleted and no matter which version i choose it always ends with mods folder empty after 5 to 15 min of downloading by FTB launcher.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I would try opening a window and look at the directory while the launcher is downloading. You should be able to see the file sizes changing. This will tell you if the launcher is putting the files there and then deleting them, or if it is actually putting them somewhere else. Then you can find where it is putting the files, ask it why, and beat it with the appropriate club to make it stop.

There is also the very drastic, sledgehammer to the forehead, move of deleting the FTB launcher entirely, re-downloading it and starting over. It is just Regrowth or are other mods not working also?

Magnic

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I would try opening a window and look at the directory while the launcher is downloading. You should be able to see the file sizes changing. This will tell you if the launcher is putting the files there and then deleting them, or if it is actually putting them somewhere else. Then you can find where it is putting the files, ask it why, and beat it with the appropriate club to make it stop.

There is also the very drastic, sledgehammer to the forehead, move of deleting the FTB launcher entirely, re-downloading it and starting over. It is just Regrowth or are other mods not working also?
Only Regrowth, and i already tried deleting FTB launcher about a month ago and it didn't work. I seriously don't know why it's the way it is. I opened the console before downloading and copied the log after it failed. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/992d2221

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
PLEASE HELP
I recently got an email from Mojang that my the mail address from my minecraft account was changed, what ever, so I logged in, reset password and what ever.
End of story; I seem to have done something that changed my Profile to play the mod. I once was able to log in with my Minecraft name, now I'm only able to log in using my email (because my account was migrated to *something*). The thing is, back in the map, I was able to keep my inventory (I lost my baubles and stuff, nothing major) but all my HQM prograss !AND! Thaumcraft research thing was GONE.

I'm using the Course Launcher.

I dug a bit through the folders and saw under <mapname>\playerdata the following files:
myname.baub
myname.baubback
myname.thaum
myname.thaumback

Also the new profile files
HLQ.baub
HLQ.baubback
HLQ.thaum
HLQ.thaumback

So I thought "me smart", made a backup of these files and changed all the myname.* to HLQ.* to seemingly keep my stuff (btw, what does HLQ stand for?).

Back in the world, it seemd to work. I got my baubles back, duplicated them somehow, what ever, voided them and saw that all my items had the research points. Next I looked in the Questing book and I saw no quest completed. *sigh* So typed in /hqm edit and tried to OP complete the quests. Problem now is, that the OP book has all the quests completed already. But my real quest book doesn't.
I tried using the "HQM" players.dat-backup but the same there.

Also, I crashed a few times opening the QuestBook now, what's up with that?
http://pastebin.com/pmuasD80

Help please? I have complete backups of the regrowth folder, but I still have the problem I mentioned earlier with the account migration thing.
Can someone please help me? Pretty please??

Thank you.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Only Regrowth, and i already tried deleting FTB launcher about a month ago and it didn't work. I seriously don't know why it's the way it is. I opened the console before downloading and copied the log after it failed. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/992d2221

Something looks odd to me with this bit (ignore the line numbering, it actually starts at 377 in the pastebin):

1. [16:21:26] [INFO] ModManager.clearModsFolder:439: Mods Folder: D:\FTBlauncher\Regrowth\minecraft\mods
  2. [16:21:26] [INFO] ModManager.clearModsFolder:441: Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\Magnic\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Regrowth\minecraft\mods
  3. [16:21:26] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:266: Extracting pack.
  4. [16:21:37] [DEBUG] ModManager$ModManagerWorker.downloadModPack:290: Pack extracted, version tagged.
  5. [16:21:37] [INFO] MCInstaller.installMods:489: dirs mk'd
  6. [16:21:37] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.installMods:496: install path: D:\FTBlauncher
  7. [16:21:37] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.installMods:497: temp path: C:\Users\Magnic\AppData\Local/ftblauncher/
  8. [16:21:37] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.installMods:498: source: C:\Users\Magnic\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Regrowth\minecraft
  9. [16:21:37] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.installMods:499: packDir: Regrowth
  10. [16:21:39] [DEBUG] FileOutputStream.open0:-2->LaunchFrame.initializeMods:824: Exception: : java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\FTBlauncher\Regrowth\minecraft\config\IguanaTinkerTweaks\main.cfg (Odmowa dostępu)
Have you checked both your C and D drives for the files?

Magnic

Jul 29, 2019
C has all mods, config and other files (which is odd...), but D don't have any mods after downloading them (as i said in earlier comment) and... (few min later after redownloading the modpack and checking config highlighted in your post) i had IguanaTweaks config changed to read only... (another few min later) I just deleted all backups of config folder and redownloaded the modpack. It fricking worked. I love you , i would kiss you if i could do so through the screen (#nohomo). If not for you pointing out that line (which i would probably ignore of i've checked it myself) i would never find the solution. You just gave me back few months of work on base and all the themed buildings for all mods. You have CPR a little my dead faith in humanity.
Cheers and let the god repay you with numerous offspring and loving partner.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Man, been a while since I was here, ello everyone. :)
Got back into Regrowth on a lark, and I'm about halfway through the quests again. Thing is, I was swimming around doing the natural gas quest when I found this in an under-the-ocean cave while following bubbles:
http://imgur.com/a/NHJkV
It looks kinda like.... End portal? Except I can use vanilla glass bottles or buckets on it and get plain water, and if I place the bucket of water back down it places as regular water, then the new source block disappears. Jumping into it does nothing, and the particle effects show through the terrain like an aura node. Just black sparkly water, weird. Anyway, I was looking this up and found nothing online, so I figured I'd answer what this is for anyone else who just goes "wut".
Thaumometer reading is "Imag Phase Liquid", so I assume this is actually normal and part of a mod that was added in after I moved off to other packs for a while, and haven't encountered before. Interesting that you can't bucket it, but hey maybe it'll be useful later.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
That is a spawn from the Academy Craft mod. I thought TPL had taken those spawns out in 1.0 +. At any road, you need a special tank from AC to hold it, which is craftable, but you also can craft the tank already full so you really don't need the spawn. Looks pretty though.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why everytime I load my game I have to break and replace this cable to get it to recognize all the interfaces?
2016-11-17_22.28.34.png 2016-11-17_22.29.01.png 2016-11-17_22.28.41.png