[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, since i updated the pack from 0.8.x to 0.9.1 i can only access drawers when i hold a tool that is able break them. Clicks with empty hand are ignored.
If i start a new world they behave just normal. Just currious why this happens, cause a friend of mine playing with me in LAN does not have those problems at all

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I didn't mean smelting ores. I've got that down :)

What I meant is a way of generating lava to use as a power source for machinery

Will look into that, thanks. I am still curious about lava, though. Because it's... lava! Who wouldn't want to put the fiery destruction of lava to use?

:eek:

I don't think there are any power generators that convert lava into power in this pack. HOWEVER, I think there is a round about way you could convert lava into power....

Z

zendeejay

The Heat Generator in Mekanism can be used to actively use lava to create energy or you can use it in passive mope for a massive reduction in power output

Reactions: Folklore

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
http://pastebin.com/wtHPTPNH here is the error i am coming up with atm.

The server runs alright, each time i login, the error i receive keeps saying nether ores and tinkers construct are the issue. i thought getting the latest copy of the server files and downloading the latest version for my account may solve the issue
How did you come with the conclusion that Tinker's and Nether Ores are the problem? I couldn't find any error in there.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there are any power generators that convert lava into power in this pack. HOWEVER, I think there is a round about way you could convert lava into power....

One way, Thermally (or four) feeding a Manapool Underneath a Mana Fluxfield. Lava power on a small (as needed) scale for stuff like Certus chargers and Metallurgic infusers

F

Folklore

The Heat Generator in Mekanism can be used to actively use lava to create energy or you can use it in passive mope for a massive reduction in power output
Can I use the buildcraft pipes to feed lava into a heat generator? And how do I get the power from the Heat Generator to my machines?

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, since i updated the pack from 0.8.x to 0.9.1 i can only access drawers when i hold a tool that is able break them. Clicks with empty hand are ignored.
If i start a new world they behave just normal. Just currious why this happens, cause a friend of mine playing with me in LAN does not have those problems at all

Maybe adventure mod?

So, I've done all the crafting and set up the Thaumcraft Outerlands portal. Go there, it's a complete void. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? Google wasn't that helpful.

Try this: cheat in all the resources to craft a second portal and go like 500 blocks away to try again. Maybe 1000. Do it all in creative to not waste time, just to discard a bug/feature seen in other modpacks, where 2 portals close to each other fail to generate 2 mazes.

Z

zendeejay

How did you come with the conclusion that Tinker's and Nether Ores are the problem? I couldn't find any error in there.

Error code in game says fml error, stating that nether ores and tinkers construct are the issues.

Hence why i was looking for a new location to download the server files from just so i can make sure that the issue isnt in something i am doing.

Z

zendeejay

Can I use the buildcraft pipes to feed lava into a heat generator? And how do I get the power from the Heat Generator to my machines?

PAssive mode you just need to surround the heat generator with lava, the more lava connected the more energy generated. Build craft pipes should work for the transportation of lava if you decide to go to active mode. there are a few good spotlights on the mekinism heat generator

F

Folklore

And to get the power out of the heat generator to buildcraft/forestry engines I can use Mekanism's universal cables?

Naphomci

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on my second play through, having a new blast all over again. Love many of the changes and refinements to both the pack and the mods. I learned so much the first time through, it's a challenge to improve on this run. One thing I definitely improved this run was how I combine essences on the fly.

Since I have a far better laid out farm (even though it's underground) AND I'm doing the Robot/Hopperhock method this pass... I have built my transit network from farms to storage in such a way that each essence is diverted into it's own Auto Workbench. these little beauties will take source material, and output (bottom only) finished product (piped and gated to return to the flow to storage)

A farm of 16 essences will not overload them and only the finished goods continue down the path...

I also have used the Auto Assembler, but for farm integration the A-W is the superior choice

Wooden, Golden, Diamond, and Iron pipes (with gates and occasional plugs) are all you need.

The really cool thing is that this system is mostly invisible... Robot harvests, Hopperhock collects, I route my pipe one layer below the paths between the grids and put the A-W to either side under the farmland, finished goods arrive at my inventory wall.

Love it!
I've also come to enjoy botania Crafty Crates. An emerald pipe can send items out in the order in the filter when sent to round robin. Have the crate above a hopper to catch them, then push the placeholders back to the original chest and the finished product to storage.
Try this: cheat in all the resources to craft a second portal and go like 500 blocks away to try again. Maybe 1000. Do it all in creative to not waste time, just to discard a bug/feature seen in other modpacks, where 2 portals close to each other fail to generate 2 mazes.
Hm, I'll try it later. It was the first portal I had placed that put me in the void, but I'll give it a try.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
And to get the power out of the heat generator to buildcraft/forestry engines I can use Mekanism's universal cables?
Any power cable including wooden, but must be connected out the "Front"

Just played with this in my test world...

I am believing that this might be considered an OP power solution: (Once you have Osmium and can make Gates)

Heat generator and an AutoAssembler one space apart (Behind for cleanliness)
One Emerald extraction pipe with filter set to Empty Buckets out the bottom of the Heat Generator (with gate)
Return the empty to the bottom of the Auto assembler
One Emerald extraction pipe with filter set to Lava Bucket between AutoAssembler and Heat Generator
Gate set to "Tank contains <25%" = Pulse
Chest next to AutoAssembler filled with Essence of Fire

And the best part... you only need ONE bucket!!!!

(Edit for better Picture)

Attachments

• Better.png
    Better.png
    609.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
F

Folklore

Oh wow. That's way smaller and compact than what I had in mind, with giant tanks filled with lava and such. Well found!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow. That's way smaller and compact than what I had in mind, with giant tanks filled with lava and such. Well found!
And made it smaller while you were replying LOL. New pic up in original post.

Can have a footprint of 1w x 3d x 3h

F

foxdarkstar

I seem to be having an issue with a specific quest and wondering if anyone have it as well. In the "How the world enhances" quest line. The quest "Imag-ine a Better System" needs 3 constraint metal plate, i already crafted more than 10 and it still shows 0% completed, i have them in my inventory, also tried in the hotbar but it still didn't count. I'm not sure if it matters but i crafted them using the rolling machine. Anybody got past that quest already and wouldn't mind letting me know what they've done to make it work? Thank you!

Naphomci

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with a specific quest and wondering if anyone have it as well. In the "How the world enhances" quest line. The quest "Imag-ine a Better System" needs 3 constraint metal plate, i already crafted more than 10 and it still shows 0% completed, i have them in my inventory, also tried in the hotbar but it still didn't count. I'm not sure if it matters but i crafted them using the rolling machine. Anybody got past that quest already and wouldn't mind letting me know what they've done to make it work? Thank you!
I couldn't figure it out, so I used the OP book and then did the remaining pieces of the quest.

B

bumiteen

A thought that just occurred to me. Why not make a long delay timer (say 2 minutes) to the gate? Every 2 minutes the robot is called "Home" and then goes back out to "play"

Just tested this, each time the clock cycles (2 hourglasses tested at 5sec and 60 secs each, with 2 max delay repeaters before the emerald and gate), robot comes back to punch the clock and runs back out to harvest again.

Success.

Great Idea, I will try that. Thanks!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Another few tips for those just starting out:

Brain Jerky is your friend. Zombie Brain on drying rack for 20 seconds --- 3 full hunger, about 3 saturation, and FREE RESEARCH points for Thaumcraft long before you actually need it.

You've hear this before: start near water, but as soon as you can make the HopperHock put one at the shore and put up your fishing nets and forget them. Check back in a while and you will have what you need to start down the mariculture path and the base materials for your Ring of Chordata. (makes water exploration MUCH easier)

Ancient sand (copper tools to harvest) is almost indistinguishable from regular sand. Look for small circles or star patterns that look almost like a faint shadow in the sand, it is only one shade darker than regular sand...

As soon as you can make a Lumber Axe, You can also make the Lava Crystal to harvest charcoal and EXP direct from the trees (Fortune gives extra charcoal as well)

Save all your saplings! Early use in a witchery oven with a variety of saplings will net you Many of the "Fumes" you need later while giving you plenty of extra Wood ash that you will need for your Mutandis.

The Hourglass from Automagy is a great tool for early automation. Works great for timed pours on your smelter or even adjust its timer in 5 sec increments with a wand (10 iron nuggets to make two caps and one stick) and you can run them in series... one hourglass as a clock to trigger a hopperhock can prevent any material waste for your endo farm.

Drawer controllers are fantastic: If you have a bank of drawers, pipe your stuff into one and it will correctly place your items where they belong... "but Grimjahk, how do you handle the random stuff..." Easy... make sure one drawer at the bottom is an empty drawer with a hopper underneath pointing to a chest... instant overflow control!!!

Hope this helps out someone ;-)

I'm sure I will think of more

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Another few tips for those just starting out:

The Hourglass from Automagy is a great tool for early automation. Works great for timed pours on your smelter or even adjust its timer in 5 sec increments with a wand (10 iron nuggets to make two caps and one stick) and you can run them in series... one hourglass as a clock to trigger a hopperhock can prevent any material waste for your endo farm.
I'm sure I will think of more
Don't forget about Botania's Hovering Hourglass as another early timer!