[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Could you provide details how to do that?
I'm on a single player world and I've changed the editmode.cfg file in HQM to UseEditor=true, put myself in creative mode, and even added myself to the ops.json file but it still tells me "You do not have permission to use this command."

I'm at a loss as to what I've missed and I'd like to complete this quest with the ritual diviner to see what comes available next.

Kz
Open your world to LAN and there's a setting to allow cheats there, do /hqm edit and SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on the quest with the problem

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Open your world to LAN and there's a setting to allow cheats there, do /hqm edit and SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on the quest with the problem
In this case there is another task after the one for the diviner, so you're better off doing the shift click directly on the diviner to complete just that task, rather than on the quest as a whole.

C

coloneljjw

In this case there is another task after the one for the diviner, so you're better off doing the shift click directly on the diviner to complete just that task, rather than on the quest as a whole.
Hey if you could help me work out some problems with my regrowth world that would be great. After a certain update (I don't remember which one) the quest book has been really weird for me. It says I have died over 60k times, which I haven't, I lost progress in multiple quest lines including the first quest line, thaumcraft, and blood magic quest lines (and in the first quest line it won't let me go back and do a few of the first few quests), and I can't unlock the Mekanism, AE, Thaumcraft, or Blood Magic quest lines now. Lots of people have given suggestions but none have helped me. I think this problem has something to do with reputation not going up even though I have completed and received the rewards from quests. Thanks

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
@coloneljjw Have you tried to reset your quests by deleting the HardcoreQuesting folder in your world save? You would lose all your quest progress and would have to use /hqm edit to get it all back, but it should fix the problem.

But even this is not without pitfalls, because, at least in the past, not all quests you finish this way will properly unlock quests they should unlock. I have not tested it, but I assume the crafting quests are the culpits.

Reactions: An0nymuS

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
No, you misunderstand... the mutation to rural is only allowed in plains-like biomes. My bees are acclimatized just fine, and produce stuff and create offspring, but they just won't progress to the next species.

As for biome changing... welp. I'm not nearly that far in. I've only just started with Witchery - a mod I've never even had installed before - and Thaumcraft hasn't shown up at all yet. Wanted to set automation up first and then progress to the more endgamey things, not the other way around. Guess I'm giving up on Forestry then, and looking into Buildcraft.

Try to find a sinister node. Walk around, if they sky turns purple grey then you've found a sinister chunk. The chunk it spawns in is temperate climate with exactly the same stats as plains biomea as far as humidity and temperature.

R

ReaperDragon4

Its the chickocalypse, any guesses as to how many chickens are in here? And um... don't tell PETA on me for the crowding? plox?

Edit: I got a stack and 19 of chickens from that, 9 stacks and 7 of eggs and a stack and 25 of feathers. >.> any wasteland HQM pack, regrowth included, Chickens are the best possible form of meat in terms of yield!

Attachments

• Don't tell PETA.jpg
    Don't tell PETA.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
R

ReaperDragon4

The creation quest is uncompletable, due to requiring biome specific worldgen

Well that sucks, I wouldn't have minded taping the dungeons. The creation quest dungeons are spectacular.

Oh well looks like I should play a couple of rounds of age of empires prior to doing Millenaire, get my mind right for RTS style tactics. And by the way, if you don't do RTS folks, you may want to do some before playing Millenaire mod it combines minecraft with RTS and some villages will even fight each other.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
The carpenter's blocks dev version is missing features, such as right+clicking with a hammer to change shapes. I downgraded to the stable version with no issues, so just letting everyone know.

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019

Well, there has to be a better way to deal with this. I completed the diviner part with the admin book, clicked save all, then completed subsequent quests including the gaia fight. Figuring I was done with looking at the editor part of the book, I turned the edit mode off in my config and restarted my game. It reverted all my progress as if I never completed the quest with the admin book.

Without setting Edit mode, you can't just go into LAN cheats mode and use the admin book as clicking on the one item in a quest while holding shift does nothing to complete it. You can complete the whole line by clicking on it though.

I'm obviously doing this wrong but I'm going to have to go 'complete' several other quests again via the admin book because one of them was kill the ender dragon which can not be done again.

Perhaps the programmer of HQM could be encouraged to have a different way to complete errant quests or a clearer set of instructions on how to do so.

Kz

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there has to be a better way to deal with this. I completed the diviner part with the admin book, clicked save all, then completed subsequent quests including the gaia fight. Figuring I was done with looking at the editor part of the book, I turned the edit mode off in my config and restarted my game. It reverted all my progress as if I never completed the quest with the admin book.

Without setting Edit mode, you can't just go into LAN cheats mode and use the admin book as clicking on the one item in a quest while holding shift does nothing to complete it. You can complete the whole line by clicking on it though.

I'm obviously doing this wrong but I'm going to have to go 'complete' several other quests again via the admin book because one of them was kill the ender dragon which can not be done again.

Perhaps the programmer of HQM could be encouraged to have a different way to complete errant quests or a clearer set of instructions on how to do so.

Kz
You definitely shouldn't ever have to activate edit mode in the config as a player. If the admin book isn't working on a single item without edit mode active, that's probably a bug that should be reported to the HQM devs.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Its the chickocalypse, any guesses as to how many chickens are in here? And um... don't tell PETA on me for the crowding? plox?

Edit: I got a stack and 19 of chickens from that, 9 stacks and 7 of eggs and a stack and 25 of feathers. >.> any wasteland HQM pack, regrowth included, Chickens are the best possible form of meat in terms of yield!
I did something similar, collecting and auto firing eggs above the pen.
The gifs are apparently much larger than I thought, so here are Imgur links:
http://imgur.com/ndEPcGh - The beginning. They all loved that corner...there were other chickens in a separate pen diagonally from it.
http://imgur.com/MVEPd11 - The lag they were causing caused a mass slaughter a couple days after this.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You definitely shouldn't ever have to activate edit mode in the config as a player. If the admin book isn't working on a single item without edit mode active, that's probably a bug that should be reported to the HQM devs.

Hi Pheonix, we are down to a few quests to go, one in chapter 4 I think and the 4 in 15 that are not the Mayan gold decoration block. I am on a paid server that renews on the 12th. Any chance the release may happen before then, we won't be continuing the server and would like to know that we are not missing much.

BTW The server has really struggled since we began spawning the villages, it's bad a 2 and I think we need 2 more, it is fun watching them build the villages though.

Overall a pretty good pack, thanks for the effort. Although I am definitely looking for a magic free pack next - maybe something with AE2, EnderIO and Millenaire. And Agricraft ... must have mod. If you know of one let me know

J

Jasage

I did something similar, collecting and auto firing eggs above the pen.
The gifs are apparently much larger than I thought, so here are Imgur links:
http://imgur.com/ndEPcGh - The beginning. They all loved that corner...there were other chickens in a separate pen diagonally from it.
http://imgur.com/MVEPd11 - The lag they were causing caused a mass slaughter a couple days after this.
2016-01-04_19.18.54.jpg 2016-01-04_19.19.01.jpg
Quick way to harvest all the chickens at once.....That was 3 stacks worth

B

BlueLion

The Eldritch portal doesnt seems to work cuz every time i enter Im falling of the world "yeey" Anyway Ive seen that when there is another portal close to it that this can happen but i cant find any other portal

V

volk_224

Why in the BOOK of QUESTS in a quest "such tool" doesn't work the 2nd task, I made tools, and the quest wasn't included. Help, please!

J

Jasage

Why in the BOOK of QUESTS in a quest "such tool" doesn't work the 2nd task, I made tools, and the quest wasn't included. Help, please!

Did you craft them in your 2x2 crafting window or on a tinkers table?? You have to use the 2x2 crafting recipes

Reactions: volk_224
V

volk_224

[Цитата="Jasage, должность: 1540323, член: 309551"]ты их изготовления в 2х2 крафт окно или на котельнической таблице?? Вы должны использовать 2х2 крафт рецепты[/Цитата]
Yes, but all the same it is impossible.

J

Jasage

[Цитата="Jasage, должность: 1540323, член: 309551"]ты их изготовления в 2х2 крафт окно или на котельнической таблице?? Вы должны использовать 2х2 крафт рецепты[/Цитата]
Yes, but all the same it is impossible.

Hmm just redone that quest with no problems, You're sure u made all the tools....The pickaxe, axe, shovel and mattock?