[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

C

coloneljjw

Try droping and picking up stuff. Seeds, essence, ore and ingots of anything that could be related. Specially the mekanism metal (forgot the name). For another person the problem was thaumcraft, and it was resolved with an iron wand (crafting or picking up, not sure)
Thanks I'll try that!
Edit: It didn't work

Last edited:
C

coloneljjw

If the mod author is able to help me work this out that would be great. If he/she is too busy I understand

Y

Yunke93

Hi, I've a problem with carpenter blocks. I try to illuminate with glowstone dust but the block doesn't take the glowstone dust and i don't know why this dont work.
Thank you very much for this awesome map.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've a problem with carpenter blocks. I try to illuminate with glowstone dust but the block doesn't take the glowstone dust and i don't know why this dont work.
Thank you very much for this awesome map.
Adding glowstone dust to carpenter's blocks does not work with the dev version of carpenter's blocks that is in this pack. You could try updating carpenter's blocks but I do not know if that will cause any issues. If you do try updating the mod, make sure you make a backup of your world first, just in case.

Y

Yunke93

Adding glowstone dust to carpenter's blocks does not work with the dev version of carpenter's blocks that is in this pack. You could try updating carpenter's blocks but I do not know if that will cause any issues. If you do try updating the mod, make sure you make a backup of your world first, just in case.
Thank you so much, if the modpack work like that i will use glowstone, is a bit more expensive but its ok.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I spent about an hour yesterday getting the crucible of souls research. In the end I cleared everything in the Alchemy tab before it appeared in Thaumic esoterica. I had read that it was connected to Magic Tallow -> Flesh Purification -> Brain Sanitization -> Infusion -> Crucible of Souls which turned out to be correct. I wonder if the final things that unlocked this branch for me were Arcane Soap and Sanitizing Soap in the Alchemy tab. There's some logic there given the connection with sanitization. I also read that I had to scan a zombie brain and/or leather IIRC.

I did get a bit pissed-off with it Yesterday - Overall I DO like Thaumcraft and Regrowth - but, if your correct, HOW could anyone work out a "connection with sanitization" BEFORE discovering the connection (and without finding that clue on the internet)? I mean (going back to the TV idea) you never need to do google research during an ad break to help work out the killer.

Reading that back it seems I may still be a bit pissed, but I can now get on with completing and enjoying regrowth.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Fusion reactor up and running, 599.01 kRF/t and my base is only using around 14 kRF/t, Endless amounts of power.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I may have made a mistake in the Millenaire village, I accepted a quest to find King Ixtab or Tohil Uchben but I don't know where to find them, the request has a vague mention of an underworld - I don't know if I am meant to search all of the nether or what it wants. Any ideas

L

LyneaFlynn

Hello!

I've encountered a problem. After it ran for a while, the programme crashed.
If I try to open the world, the problem reoccurs.
The attachement contains the crash report.
I'd be happy if there were a way to solve it.

Yours sincerely,
LyneaFlynn

Attachments

• crash-2016-01-02_20.42.24-server.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 70

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - is there any biome in which I can breed Rural bees? It says the biome must be "plains-like". Wasteland is obviously desert-like, and ocean, well, is ocean... that leaves the beach. Is that plains-like enough, or do I resign myself to the fact that using Forestry for farm automation is just not intended in this modpack? :s

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - is there any biome in which I can breed Rural bees? It says the biome must be "plains-like".

There are multiple ways in the pack to change the biomes. Witchery and Thaumcraft come to mind, pretty sure there is one other way also.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Quick question - is there any biome in which I can breed Rural bees? It says the biome must be "plains-like". Wasteland is obviously desert-like, and ocean, well, is ocean... that leaves the beach. Is that plains-like enough, or do I resign myself to the fact that using Forestry for farm automation is just not intended in this modpack? :s

There are multiple ways in the pack to change the biomes. Witchery and Thaumcraft come to mind, pretty sure there is one other way also.
And you can use the aclymatizer(is that how you spell it?).

Reactions: lunakm

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
And you can use the aclymatizer(is that how you spell it?).

No, you misunderstand... the mutation to rural is only allowed in plains-like biomes. My bees are acclimatized just fine, and produce stuff and create offspring, but they just won't progress to the next species.

As for biome changing... welp. I'm not nearly that far in. I've only just started with Witchery - a mod I've never even had installed before - and Thaumcraft hasn't shown up at all yet. Wanted to set automation up first and then progress to the more endgamey things, not the other way around. Guess I'm giving up on Forestry then, and looking into Buildcraft.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
No, you misunderstand... the mutation to rural is only allowed in plains-like biomes. My bees are acclimatized just fine, and produce stuff and create offspring, but they just won't progress to the next species.

As for biome changing... welp. I'm not nearly that far in. I've only just started with Witchery - a mod I've never even had installed before - and Thaumcraft hasn't shown up at all yet. Wanted to set automation up first and then progress to the more endgamey things, not the other way around. Guess I'm giving up on Forestry then, and looking into Buildcraft.

The witchery method is not too difficult, I had a little prior witchery knowledge from DW20 1.6.4., I also used a silverwood tree to make a biome change. I have not upgraded to 1.8.8 (so there maybe new quests) but I think I completed all the bees quests with just those changes. I don't remember what mutations I made but I have a Forestry tree farm running so must have made what is necessary. Is there an easier bee that gives the same drops you need?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I've encountered a problem. After it ran for a while, the programme crashed.
If I try to open the world, the problem reoccurs.
The attachement contains the crash report.
I'd be happy if there were a way to solve it.

Yours sincerely,
LyneaFlynn

Only replying as nobody else has - I am not in anyway an expert. My advice would be to go to your world saves folder and manually backup the world and (IF you have enabled backups) also the most recent one before the crash. Then in Curse you can make a new installation of the pack without affecting the current one, do that with the latest version (0.8.8?) and then copy your world save to the new installation, if that still isn't working, and you have a backup, copy it.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

The essence plants can generally give you everything you need to progress through Witchery. (you need an alfheim portal from botania as well though.)

You do need to get 4 coven witches, but other than that it takes minimal requirements. (Spider eye, wool of bat, owlet's wing, attuned stone, charged attuned stone. Tall grass for plains biome foci, and then activating the rite with the seer stone. Circle magic, page 45)

If you have questions about Witchery feel free to bug me. :p It's one of my favorite mods.

R

ReaperDragon4

I may have made a mistake in the Millenaire village, I accepted a quest to find King Ixtab or Tohil Uchben but I don't know where to find them, the request has a vague mention of an underworld - I don't know if I am meant to search all of the nether or what it wants. Any ideas

I know how this works in regular minecraft worlds, hang on... http://millenaire.org/wiki/Creation_Quest:_Dark_Omens
What you accepted was a creation quest, specifically the Maya quest line. This is the first quest in the chain, Dark Omens.
Keep clicking along the index below to get to the next quest and the next.

Generally in Millenaire you have to wander ungenerated chunks of a certain biome for something to appear, in this case a jungle or a forest biome.

However, this is regrowth we're talking about, the whole world is a hostile wasteland, so I'm not sure what to do. Do me a favor wander ungenerated chunks for awhile and then tell me what you find.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I know how this works in regular minecraft worlds, hang on... http://millenaire.org/wiki/Creation_Quest:_Dark_Omens
What you accepted was a creation quest, specifically the Maya quest line. This is the first quest in the chain, Dark Omens.
Keep clicking along the index below to get to the next quest and the next.

Generally in Millenaire you have to wander ungenerated chunks of a certain biome for something to appear, in this case a jungle or a forest biome.

However, this is regrowth we're talking about, the whole world is a hostile wasteland, so I'm not sure what to do. Do me a favor wander ungenerated chunks for awhile and then tell me what you find.
The creation quest is uncompletable, due to requiring biome specific worldgen

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019
True. You need to finish it with the HQM admin book.
Could you provide details how to do that?
I'm on a single player world and I've changed the editmode.cfg file in HQM to UseEditor=true, put myself in creative mode, and even added myself to the ops.json file but it still tells me "You do not have permission to use this command."

I'm at a loss as to what I've missed and I'd like to complete this quest with the ritual diviner to see what comes available next.

Kz