[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like the snorkel cancels out the ring slightly. I just use that and whatever armor I have.

The crafting scepter, whoever mentioned that, listen, the crafting scepter is ONLY usable for crafting and staves cannot craft. The two compliment each other. When you have to kill the wither you should do so in the nether, as Forbidden Magic will cause it to drop Pride shards. Sin Shards can ONLY be gotten in the Nether and the Pride Shards are needed for the Infernal Wand. The Infernal wand protects you from withering making it HIGHLY useful.

A common staff core meanwhile is the Primal, extremely powerful. However, I'm more used to the infernal and tainted cores when crafting wands/staves/scepters because I've been doing a lot of tinkering with Thaumcraft addons, Botania and Witchery in the Hubris and Banished modpacks. In Hubris the entire overworld is covered in taint, making the tainted cores very useful.

In this case however, with only a wasteland, the primal core will do very well for a staff. Though you should dabble in the forbidden magic wands a little bit to get familiar.

Oh yes and I found a bug with Netherfish. If you put them in a fish feeder thats in water they gobble up all the food and then won't do anything for you. Just to warn folks. And before you ask how to get them, go to the very edge of the lava in the nether, use sneak to lean out over the edge, take your rod and cast it STRAIGHT DOWN. Any other direction and your catch will burn up, and even then sometimes it still burns.

I'm really wishing now though that i hadn't drained that lava pool next to my base to fuel some of my early machinery and thermalillies.

also... smallest setup evar for a runic altar, coming soon to a thread near you.

Oh yes and Necro, if a mod's features are being troublesome, ALWAYS take 5 or 10 minutes to read the config files to see if that feature can be safely removed.
Hmm. I have noticed that just using the ring I take damage when it refills my air supply. I also just noticed that when reading the Lexica for more that a few pages response becomes slower and slower until the game ceases to respond to key/mouse clicks altogether. The only recourse is to close the window, effectively crashing the game, and restarting. Further research is required...on the morrow when I am not using the keyboard for a pillow. Bye the way, I am on a private server using version 0.8.4. (Yes, I know...lazy and Devout & Practicing Coward.)

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Is there any alternative to finding an oyster? I ran like 1000+ blocks from my spawn and no ocean. :( (though I did find a coven place, a wickerman and 2 oil spills... :confused:)

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to stop your coven witches from teleporting near you (without killing them)? They're getting in my way whenever I need to do delicate work like wiring in a 1x2 gap or jumping into my smeltery whenever i'm near it. or just plain teleport behind me so when i turn around i get a heart attack having a witch in my face.

Another solution I found is to move your bed away from the places you work. They seem to appear only when you are close to your bed

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Another solution I found is to move your bed away from the places you work. They seem to appear only when you are close to your bed
That is correct, the bed marks your "Home" as far as they are concerned. But just disabling visits in the config works great for that. :p

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Experimentation has confirmed: When using Snorkel and Ring of Chordata, I can remain underwater without damage until I run out of mana in the Mana Tablet. Using only the ring, I take about 1/2 heart damage when the ring refills the air supply. This is not noticeable when you are at full satiation as the damage repairs almost as fast as it occurs. When you are hungry, your health will slowly drain away.

Also, if you read about 8 pages in the Lexica Botania the game becomes unresponsive to keystrokes and mouse clicks. Tool tips do show but they are significantly (several seconds) delayed. The only recourse I have found is to close (X out) the client window and reload. Minimizing the window does not work. Closing the Lexica before the game becomes unresponsive seems to reset whatever is going on. The last entry in the client log is:
[09:21:08] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks/]: vazkii.botania.client.gui.lexicon.GuiLexicon

The server logs are on a different machine and will take a bit of gymnastics to get into this report. The dragon has other errands to perform and I will do that later.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Is there any alternative to finding an oyster? I ran like 1000+ blocks from my spawn and no ocean. :( (though I did find a coven place, a wickerman and 2 oil spills... :confused:)
Yes, I am replying my post... XD Finally found A OCEAN WITH AN OYSTER IN IT!!! To think it was at the opposite end of my base, where I spent hours searching the other end... :p

Reactions: JazParks

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Experimentation has confirmed: When using Snorkel and Ring of Chordata, I can remain underwater without damage until I run out of mana in the Mana Tablet. Using only the ring, I take about 1/2 heart damage when the ring refills the air supply. This is not noticeable when you are at full satiation as the damage repairs almost as fast as it occurs. When you are hungry, your health will slowly drain away.

Pretty sure this is only because without a snorkel, you take damage from drowning too quickly before the ring can replenish air. It's just a matter of how fast the ring can catch you being out of air. Not that the ring is doing the damage. The effect is still the same though.

Also, if you read about 8 pages in the Lexica Botania the game becomes unresponsive to keystrokes and mouse clicks. Tool tips do show but they are significantly (several seconds) delayed. The only recourse I have found is to close (X out) the client window and reload. Minimizing the window does not work. Closing the Lexica before the game becomes unresponsive seems to reset whatever is going on.

I've never experienced this myself.

You really should at least download Regrowth 0.8.8, cheat in a Lexica Botania and see if the problem continues on the most recent version. Botania had some pretty significant updates between 0.8.4 and 0.8.8 (especially 0.8.6 to 0.8.7). I specifically remember a fix for severe lag reading the book if you use older graphics cards, especially integrated graphics.

drunKenobi

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got up to the fusion reactor quest, got stuck at the filled hohlraum crafting detection (0.88 I think)
I don't know enough about hqm to figure it out, but I was able to add a little bit to one of the script files as a work around:

//workaround for hohlraum crafting detect fix - craft a filled hohlraum by itself
val filledHohlraum = <MekanismGenerators:Hohlraum:1>.withTag({stored: {amount: 10, gasName: "fusionFuelDT"}});
recipes.addShapeless(filledHohlraum, [filledHohlraum]);

I've tried this and still cant get past the hohlraum quest. Can anyone share another method to cheat past this quest?

C

coloneljjw

I have talked about this in past comments but have still yet to find a solution to my problem. I need to unlock the AE, Mekanism, Thaumcraft, and Blood Magic quest lines but I haven't been able to unlock them. I believe it has something to do with reputation but I can't get it high enough to unlock the quests. People have suggested multiple times to hold Osmium ingots or Osmium ore to unlock Mekanism and boost the mechanist reputation but that doesn't do anything. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
I have talked about this in past comments but have still yet to find a solution to my problem. I need to unlock the AE, Mekanism, Thaumcraft, and Blood Magic quest lines but I haven't been able to unlock them. I believe it has something to do with reputation but I can't get it high enough to unlock the quests. People have suggested multiple times to hold Osmium ingots or Osmium ore to unlock Mekanism and boost the mechanist reputation but that doesn't do anything. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!
Did you do the Witchery quests? To get started in Thaumcraft you need to do the quest for the Treefyd seed.

C

coloneljjw

Did you do the Witchery quests? To get started in Thaumcraft you need to do the quest for the Treefyd seed.
Yes I have done that one. The thaumcraft quest line is open to me but there just isn't anything available

R

ReaperDragon4

I believe quest unlocks are tied to the magical crops and Botania chapters. However, to unlock Mechanism you NEED to complete "what the world enables" first. It only unlocked for me after that. I suspect its the same way with the other "opening" chapters of the pack.

R

ReaperDragon4

I have completed "What the world enables" still no Mekanism...

I can tell you with certainty what I've completed, I have mekanism unlocked, so if you complete those chapters maybe you'll unlock something.

Completed: What the world came to be, what the world is made of, and what the world enables.
Completion percentage for other chapters: The way the world works 73% completed
What the world teaches 20% completed
What the world embraces 72% completed
What the world is built from 48% completed
The encoding of the world 87% completed (Bee fangirl right here)
The life of the world 41% completed
How the world grows 12% completed
The way the world feels 16% completed
How the world changes - not unlocked
The way the world bleeds - unlocked with 0 quests unlocked
How the world enhances (Mekanism) 53% completed
How the world recovers - not unlocked, love the mod thats covered in this chapter and will probably finish this one the fastest

Mekanism by design is complicated, long, and annoying. ;.;