[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

C

coloneljjw

When I was poking around through the quest book it seems that not all the quests gave me the required reputation points for mechanist :/

C

coloneljjw

Ever since one of the major updates came around stuff has been really weird in the quest book for me. Some quests in the first chapter are unavailable but say they have been completed and I lost all progress in the thaumcraft quest line along with a few others in different places. It also says I have died 61,425 times. Pretty sure I would remember that...

Last edited:
C

coloneljjw

I can tell you with certainty what I've completed, I have mekanism unlocked, so if you complete those chapters maybe you'll unlock something.

Completed: What the world came to be, what the world is made of, and what the world enables.
Completion percentage for other chapters: The way the world works 73% completed
What the world teaches 20% completed
What the world embraces 72% completed
What the world is built from 48% completed
The encoding of the world 87% completed (Bee fangirl right here)
The life of the world 41% completed
How the world grows 12% completed
The way the world feels 16% completed
How the world changes - not unlocked
The way the world bleeds - unlocked with 0 quests unlocked
How the world enhances (Mekanism) 53% completed
How the world recovers - not unlocked, love the mod thats covered in this chapter and will probably finish this one the fastest

Mekanism by design is complicated, long, and annoying. ;.;
I oddly enough have more completed than you do so it doesn't make sense that you unlocked it and I didnt. Thanks for the info though!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I oddly enough have more completed than you do so it doesn't make sense that you unlocked it and I didnt. Thanks for the info though!

Some people forget to do the books chapter. Also, just because you finished a quest, does not mean you get the reputation until you claim the rewards. (phoenixlodge has stated this in previous comments)

C

coloneljjw

Some people forget to do the books chapter. Also, just because you finished a quest, does not mean you get the reputation until you claim the rewards. (phoenixlodge has stated this in previous comments)
I have done all I can in the book chapter and I have completed all the quests, not just left them unclaimed

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I have done all I can in the book chapter and I have completed all the quests, not just left them unclaimed
Try droping and picking up stuff. Seeds, essence, ore and ingots of anything that could be related. Specially the mekanism metal (forgot the name). For another person the problem was thaumcraft, and it was resolved with an iron wand (crafting or picking up, not sure)

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
@Kroptik
Froze again, 2 times :/

Sorry I haven't been replying, I haven't been playing for quite some time because of this problem, so there's not much I can contribute.

However, one of your posts about "what mod could be causing the lock" gave me an idea.
The file that gets locked keeps records of items/blocks used/crafted/etc, as well as some other statistics and achievements. Assuming this, very few mods actually should interact with that file. Besides the achievements, AE2 also seems to keep some statistics, but that's about it.

Crossing this with another pack that also caused me freezes, the only mods that could be responsible for this are AE2, Tinkers and Botania. In my save I didn't have an AE2 items build, so it's likely that one wasn't it.
The problem is that the 2 other mods are pretty core and used in basically any decent pack nowadays.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone tell me which tab I should be looking for the crucible of souls - I found Vaskii's video mod that shows it in Alchemy below the "Essentia Distillation" entry (but that was not Regrowth just a mod demo). I have spent hours searching the tabs and am no closer, I am sure there is some minor thing like researching an nugget or something but I am lost. I have completed the outerlands research but can't figure this out

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone tell me which tab I should be looking for the crucible of souls - I found Vaskii's video mod that shows it in Alchemy below the "Essentia Distillation" entry (but that was not Regrowth just a mod demo). I have spent hours searching the tabs and am no closer, I am sure there is some minor thing like researching an nugget or something but I am lost. I have completed the outerlands research but can't figure this out
Thaumic esoterica. In between the infusion and essential distillation (so you'll need to have those unlocked at least).

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
i got like 5 freezes in the last 2h.
Happened while on toilet, mining blocks, moving around, changing items in inventories ... i stop playing this, cause i will ruin my harddisk when the games keeps crashing

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic esoterica. In between the infusion and essential distillation (so you'll need to have those unlocked at least).

Is that the "Thaumic Replicator"? I have void jar, essentia distillation and infusion researched - I'll do the oblivion jar and the replicator and see if that helps. Thanks

upload_2016-1-1_22-46-28.png

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the "Thaumic Replicator"? I have void jar, essentia distillation and infusion researched - I'll do the oblivion jar and the replicator and see if that helps. Thanks

It is right above that, so there must be another requirement.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It is right above that, so there must be another requirement.

Over 2 hours later, clicking on random research hoping THIS may be the one, nut not to be - I finally found a solution -
/thaumcraft research <playerlist> <all | reset | research>

Thaumcraft goes from being a fun mod to being a tedious waste of time when it is so difficult to find out what you need to do, discovery is great but there is a reason TV who-dun-its never end with a new never before mentioned characters name being given as the killer. There has to be a logical process but Thaumcraft seems to end with click on everything and hope. It is only a frustration when an item MUST be discovered and crafted, playing non-questing if you never discover something it is not missed.

F

ftbxm

Over 2 hours later, clicking on random research hoping THIS may be the one, nut not to be - I finally found a solution -
/thaumcraft research <playerlist> <all | reset | research>

Thaumcraft goes from being a fun mod to being a tedious waste of time when it is so difficult to find out what you need to do, discovery is great but there is a reason TV who-dun-its never end with a new never before mentioned characters name being given as the killer. There has to be a logical process but Thaumcraft seems to end with click on everything and hope. It is only a frustration when an item MUST be discovered and crafted, playing non-questing if you never discover something it is not missed.
I spent about an hour yesterday getting the crucible of souls research. In the end I cleared everything in the Alchemy tab before it appeared in Thaumic esoterica. I had read that it was connected to Magic Tallow -> Flesh Purification -> Brain Sanitization -> Infusion -> Crucible of Souls which turned out to be correct. I wonder if the final things that unlocked this branch for me were Arcane Soap and Sanitizing Soap in the Alchemy tab. There's some logic there given the connection with sanitization. I also read that I had to scan a zombie brain and/or leather IIRC.

Kroptik

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't been replying, I haven't been playing for quite some time because of this problem, so there's not much I can contribute.

However, one of your posts about "what mod could be causing the lock" gave me an idea.
The file that gets locked keeps records of items/blocks used/crafted/etc, as well as some other statistics and achievements. Assuming this, very few mods actually should interact with that file. Besides the achievements, AE2 also seems to keep some statistics, but that's about it.

Crossing this with another pack that also caused me freezes, the only mods that could be responsible for this are AE2, Tinkers and Botania. In my save I didn't have an AE2 items build, so it's likely that one wasn't it.
The problem is that the 2 other mods are pretty core and used in basically any decent pack nowadays.

Actually, I checked again, Chisel also seems to write the number of blocks chiseled in the statistics. So that's another possible mod.