[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
I read earlier that you can hatch a chicken from an egg by putting it in a hopper over a hole in the ground. When I tried this, the egg just sat there. It didn't de-spawn at least. What was the old trick to get a chicken to hatch from an egg?
As far as I know you just have to throw it and get lucky.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have come across a bug in 8.4. It has happened to me twice, once I tried placing an AE storage bus on a Auto Assembler from enhanced inventories (to see IF it connects to AE) the storage bus placed but the assembler disappeared - with all 9 stacks of the item crafting in it. And today I tried to run AE Glass cable beside an assembler and the assembler disappeared again with the full contents. Is this a known bug or am I just lucky

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm starting a new bonus Regrowth Series that I thought people might find interesting so I figured I'd post it here. Basically I'm planning on doing some tutorial's and tests designed specifically for the pack. In the first episode I test out what methods produce 10/10/10 crops the fastest and most efficiently. Hope people find it useful.

Del

Reactions: An0nymuS

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I read earlier that you can hatch a chicken from an egg by putting it in a hopper over a hole in the ground. When I tried this, the egg just sat there. It didn't de-spawn at least. What was the old trick to get a chicken to hatch from an egg?
Try using a dispenser that gets a periodic redstone pulse. You still get the normal chicken chance as from simply throwing the egg though.

Raev82

Jul 29, 2019
I have come across a bug in 8.4. It has happened to me twice, once I tried placing an AE storage bus on a Auto Assembler from enhanced inventories (to see IF it connects to AE) the storage bus placed but the assembler disappeared - with all 9 stacks of the item crafting in it. And today I tried to run AE Glass cable beside an assembler and the assembler disappeared again with the full contents. Is this a known bug or am I just lucky
So I have had this happen to me as well. My work around was using logistical tubes from mekanism, then piping into a me interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Uriei

Jul 29, 2019
Knight Robot can't use Tinker's weapons, it's just me or its a bug?
This is still an issue, note, Lumberjack robot can use those tools.

And another issue, Auto-assemblers from Enhanced Inventories don't work on singleplayer when I load the world, I have to go to one of them and open its IU to make all of them start working, and only for those near it, I have more in different places and I have to start them all manually.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
And another issue, Auto-assemblers from Enhanced Inventories don't work on singleplayer when I load the world, I have to go to one of them and open its IU to make all of them start working, and only for those near it, I have more in different places and I have to start them all manually.

The Auto Assemblers are finicky in my single player world too. They sometimes just stop working after a while and even opening their UI doesn't give them the nudge to get started - sometime later I take a look and everything is fine.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

So I have had this happen to me as well. My work around was using logistical tubes from mekanism, then piping into a me interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I actually make use of storage drawers for the auto assemblers. Controller slave next to the assembler and it sees it as an inventory to pull from as needed. Triggered via redstone pulse to craft.

This is still an issue, note, Lumberjack robot can use those tools.

The Auto Assemblers are finicky in my single player world too. They sometimes just stop working after a while and even opening their UI doesn't give them the nudge to get started - sometime later I take a look and everything is fine.
My solution to them (as stated above) is not to have them on automatic, but on redstone pulse.
I think they run into a loop error somewhere and fail to cycle over.

p455w0rd

Jul 29, 2019
what is up with the millenaire mod? I get the idea. The idea is a good one, but the mod is incomplete. It's definitely not worthy of being included in any pack. I spent hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get a village to spawn. Clearing out bigger and bigger areas, finally (randomly) it just worked. I got a Japanese village. Now..after not being able to get the damn village to spawn for hours because it "couldn't find space for the town hall", the workers in the village happily deleted my entire power setup over night to build their cute little rice paddy and a couple buildings. So, whatever, it's a private server..I went into creative and rebuilt most of it. I go and find a quest from this guy who wants to trade with other villages. I got one village to spawn, I should be able to get another to spawn...I took a few screenshots to show the area I was trying to spawn it in:
1.png

2.png

3.png

Now really? Can't find space? Yet the little NPCs have no issue overwriting what I built? Why the hell can it not just paste in like worldedit?? Also gold is the only block that works when others are supposed to (only obsidian is named in this pack, but even that doesn't work). Last time I checked (which was quite some time ago) millenaire was still in beta or alpha I don't know..some testing stage..the mod isn't even complete. So..am I the only one having this problem? Is there something I'm missing?

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
The minecraft equivalent of watching paint dry: Watching plants grow/crossbreed. time & stick consuming, aggravating and downright tedious.
What makes it worse is there's nothing else to do at this stage of the game.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
The minecraft equivalent of watching paint dry: Watching plants grow/crossbreed. time & stick consuming, aggravating and downright tedious.

If you are waiting for plants to grow, you are doing it wrong. Specially in regrowth, because there are not weeds.

* To improve stats of seeds, prepare a line of 15 more or less crops, plant 1 seed and go do something else
* To crossbread, don't do just 1 cross. Do like 6 at the same time. Crossbread can fail, but if you have 6 chances, is more probable to get the cross.
* While waiting, specially in early game, expand your base. Place a 2 or 3 high wall around everything.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
If you are waiting for plants to grow, you are doing it wrong. Specially in regrowth, because there are not weeds.
* While waiting, specially in early game, expand your base. Place a 2 or 3 high wall around everything.
Agreed.. except, walls are for chumps! Make torches and light up the area. :) Expand, expand, expand! While you're at it, grab more bonemeal so you stop waiting for crops to grow. ;)

Reactions: fimbrethil

Zartanio

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen this before on another pack. As I recall, I was able to fix it by selecting the Languages tab, and then toggling the Unicode button. It's been a while since it happened, but give it a shot.

So I have an interesting issue. I just installed Regrowth (latest version) and something is seriously wrong with the font. Everything looks (and reads) fine on the FML loading screen, but once the game opens the font renders as colored blocks that match the size of the letter they're taking the place of. See the image below.

It's like this on the menus, in game, even in the quest book. I have pictures of the others if need be, but it's the same effect. I've tried rebooting minecraft as well as wiping and reinstalling Regrowth entirely, neither making any difference.

Running OSX El Capitan (Latest Version, Non-Beta) on a Macbook Pro Retina 15" Early 2013, let me know if you need more logs/pics/specs and I'd be happy to oblige.

A

andrewgies17

I have seen this before on another pack. As I recall, I was able to fix it by selecting the Languages tab, and then toggling the Unicode button. It's been a while since it happened, but give it a shot.

That worked! Thanks

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
what is up with the millenaire mod? I get the idea. The idea is a good one, but the mod is incomplete. It's definitely not worthy of being included in any pack. I spent hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get a village to spawn. Clearing out bigger and bigger areas, finally (randomly) it just worked. I got a Japanese village. Now..after not being able to get the damn village to spawn for hours because it "couldn't find space for the town hall", the workers in the village happily deleted my entire power setup over night to build their cute little rice paddy and a couple buildings. So, whatever, it's a private server..I went into creative and rebuilt most of it. I go and find a quest from this guy who wants to trade with other villages. I got one village to spawn, I should be able to get another to spawn...I took a few screenshots to show the area I was trying to spawn it in:

Now really? Can't find space? Yet the little NPCs have no issue overwriting what I built? Why the hell can it not just paste in like worldedit?? Also gold is the only block that works when others are supposed to (only obsidian is named in this pack, but even that doesn't work). Last time I checked (which was quite some time ago) millenaire was still in beta or alpha I don't know..some testing stage..the mod isn't even complete. So..am I the only one having this problem? Is there something I'm missing?
It needs a VERY large flat area, and people were saying that grass/dirt was the best to do it on. Cracked sand (being a modded special block from Quantum) may be causing it to glitch and see it as an invalid block.

Basically just find or make a very large flat area away from your base. Various items in the pack can help with flattening or converting.

Anything within the "borders" of the village will be removed when they build expansions. It's in the help text for Millenaire, press M to read and check out village chunks.