[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Arcaratus

Jul 29, 2019
Phoenixlodge, dev of Blood Arsenal here to notify you on a 'little' bug present in Blood Arsenal 1.2-3 which causes a frequent Exception ticking world crash randomly when playing. If I were you, I'd most likely downgrade back to Blood Arsenal 1.2-2. Actually, I might be able to put together a quick build if I find out what's wrong.... I'll update this soon! Keep up the good work!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a method in the pack for removing an enchantment from an item? Preferably something that doesn't involve Thaumcraft, as I haven't got to that yet.
Botania Spellbinding Cloth is the same as the thaum craft one but much easier to make. The lexica index has a search.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Did hungry nodes turning tainted get disabled? I cant' get mine to change though it's in a fully tainted biome now ;_;

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
How can I automate putting in one block at a time into the blood altar? I thought I could try using a Fill golem, set to precise amount, but apparently the golem doesn't understand how to put things in the altar?

I used a buildcraft autharchic gate with the single pulse setting. I actually automated the first 4 tier runes completely with buildcraft and the automagy redcrystals. I can post some screenshots later if you want to see :)

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
The error came when one player tried joined and the removed himself from our party in HQM.

I suddenly could not open the quest book any more and when we restartet the server this error came..

From Creeperhost who have tried to fix the problem:
The error appears to be while Hardcore Questing Mod is loading its data, either from the world or from the main data.

I would recommend restoring to an earlier backup if you have one, to try and fix this issue. Failing that, it should be possible to remove the HQM mod data - meaning it will start up, but you may lose all questing information.

--------------------------------------------
Aaron M.
Director of Technical Support

I deleted the HQM Player data file and it worked

Reactions: An0nymuS

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
I hope not because I have already spent a lot of time trying to find a hungry node...
I was planning on using a hungry node too! I already have coordinates for a few of them written down. When I get home I will try creating a test world with the same seed to see if I can taint a hungry node, before wrecking the server with potentially unnecessary taint!

Khufu

Jul 29, 2019
I have a very strange problem with Regrowth.
I have Build the Infernal Furnace and they also see, but once I using the Wand on the Furnace, they disappears o_O

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
I used a buildcraft autharchic gate with the single pulse setting. I actually automated the first 4 tier runes completely with buildcraft and the automagy redcrystals. I can post some screenshots later if you want to see :)

That would be helpful to see! I'm not quite at making gates yet, as I haven't found any damn rutile ore, but if that'll mean I won't have to stand over my altar spilling my veins constantly, I'm all for it.

Mekanism Logistical sorter, do item filter with max size of 1

I'll look into this one too, never used Mekanism so I have no idea how this'll work but worth a shot! :p

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Did hungry nodes turning tainted get disabled? I cant' get mine to change though it's in a fully tainted biome now ;_;
You've kept it chunkloaded, right? And also fed it stuff like taintacles and tainted goo? It gets tainted by being in a taint biome or by getting the taint essentia into it from items. Feeding it might be faster since it can take a while to be contaminated from the biome.

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
That would be helpful to see! I'm not quite at making gates yet, as I haven't found any damn rutile ore, but if that'll mean I won't have to stand over my altar spilling my veins constantly, I'm all for it.
My automation started out requiring someone to self-sacrifice all the time for the slates til be produced, since we went for self-sacrifice to start with. The elven knife was pretty good for that combined with self-sacrifice runes. Later I added a Well of Suffering and a dark room with some vanilla zombie spawners to provide the blood for me. Went around doing other stuff for an hour and suddenly 4 stacks of reinforced slates - yay :D

I'll post some screenshots when I get home in a few hours.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
You've kept it chunkloaded, right? And also fed it stuff like taintacles and tainted goo? It gets tainted by being in a taint biome or by getting the taint essentia into it from items. Feeding it might be faster since it can take a while to be contaminated from the biome.

I did chunkload it. I didn't know it took so long to convert it. It did eventually convert, however, thankfully. I just put down a loader and went to bed and it was tainted by the morning (it's in the middle of the ocean and can't spread so I don't care)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I did chunkload it. I didn't know it took so long to convert it. It did eventually convert, however, thankfully. I just put down a loader and went to bed and it was tainted by the morning (it's in the middle of the ocean and can't spread so I don't care)

Just noticed your signature - You might be interested to know that there's a witchery item called 'Earmuffs'. I kept a pair in an item-frame next to my Mandrake farm.

Reactions: Pudding01

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'll try explaining my Blood Magic slate automation with some screenshots now... There are 3 levels: the altar level, just below the altar and below the floor under the altar.

The altar with well of suffering above. The box above contains 5 vanilla zombie spawners, working like a charm. We do not have our base chunk loaded, but if we do that sometime I will put life imbuers from Botania on the spawners.
nakVOY8.png

Below the altar I have an emerald pipe with all 4 color pipe wires and 4 diamond gates on it. Below 1 of the runes I have a Resonating Redcrystal for transmitting a signal from the altar downstairs.
vnDiKYI.png

The gate on the side of the resonating crystal has conditions for sending the redstone signal, all 4 gates have similar setups for the different tier slates and corresponding pipe wire colors:
gcBivEB.png

The pipe wires are separated from the golden pipe on to structure pipes a little down the line:
trhRTkA.png

This is so I can use one of the pipe wire lines for another signal further down. These 4 pipe wire signals are used to choose which tier slate should be produced. They lead to 4 different levers using some gates and automagy redcrystal:
NGNj2uZ.png

The sidewards resonating crystals are connected to the ones below the 4 different color pipe wires with gates. The upwards crystals connect the crystals below 4 levers. The dense crystals are used to make the signal one-way, so any of the levers will transmit a redstone signal to the structure seen on the left. The golden pipe line seen on this image is the output of the slates to a chest besides the 4 levers.
PYYeL6z.png

The levers and their resonating crystals:
Vq1pXjE.png

Only 1 lever should be turned on at a time. If the altar is full of blood and empty of items the chosen slates will be produced. The corner of the ouput chest is in the lower left corner of the screenshot.
4Lvmefl.png

A living rock barrel (bspace upgrade to where I have automated living rock production). The resonating crystal receives signal from the one below the altar when the altar is full of blood and empty of items. Behind the emerald pipe is a structure pipe receiving the redstone signal when a lever is turned on, the redstone signal is turned into red pipe wire signal so the gate on the emerald pipe can combine redstone signal with red pipe wire signal and pulse a single time. The diamond pipe is there to sort the output from the altar to the output chest and sort living rock up to the altar.
bWPCIo1.png

I hope it makes a sense. It was a bit difficult to explain :)

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'll try explaining my Blood Magic slate automation with some screenshots now... There are 3 levels: the altar level, just below the altar and below the floor under the altar.

The altar with well of suffering above. The box above contains 5 vanilla zombie spawners, working like a charm. We do not have our base chunk loaded, but if we do that sometime I will put life imbuers from Botania on the spawners.
nakVOY8.png

Below the altar I have an emerald pipe with all 4 color pipe wires and 4 diamond gates on it. Below 1 of the runes I have a Resonating Redcrystal for transmitting a signal from the altar downstairs.
vnDiKYI.png

The gate on the side of the resonating crystal has conditions for sending the redstone signal, all 4 gates have similar setups for the different tier slates and corresponding pipe wire colors:
gcBivEB.png

The pipe wires are separated from the golden pipe on to structure pipes a little down the line:
trhRTkA.png

This is so I can use one of the pipe wire lines for another signal further down. These 4 pipe wire signals are used to choose which tier slate should be produced. They lead to 4 different levers using some gates and automagy redcrystal:
NGNj2uZ.png

The sidewards resonating crystals are connected to the ones below the 4 different color pipe wires with gates. The upwards crystals connect the crystals below 4 levers. The dense crystals are used to make the signal one-way, so any of the levers will transmit a redstone signal to the structure seen on the left. The golden pipe line seen on this image is the output of the slates to a chest besides the 4 levers.
PYYeL6z.png

The levers and their resonating crystals:
Vq1pXjE.png

Only 1 lever should be turned on at a time. If the altar is full of blood and empty of items the chosen slates will be produced. The corner of the ouput chest is in the lower left corner of the screenshot.
4Lvmefl.png

A living rock barrel (bspace upgrade to where I have automated living rock production). The resonating crystal receives signal from the one below the altar when the altar is full of blood and empty of items. Behind the emerald pipe is a structure pipe receiving the redstone signal when a lever is turned on, the redstone signal is turned into red pipe wire signal so the gate on the emerald pipe can combine redstone signal with red pipe wire signal and pulse a single time. The diamond pipe is there to sort the output from the altar to the output chest and sort living rock up to the altar.
bWPCIo1.png

I hope it makes a sense. It was a bit difficult to explain :)

That's damn impressive! It's far more sophisticated than mine ended up being - I found out that I had my golem set up the wrong way, so it's functional now. Barely functional, but it's there!

It's nowhere near as fancy as yours, but it's a start!
8FgNEyl.jpg

The gate is set to emit a redstone signal (carried via redcrystal, because I find it so much easier to use) when there's an item in the inventory or when the LP is below 25%, so it only turns off the redstone signal when it's got enough LP to make a reinforced plate, and when there's room in the altar to put it in. This means the golem is only active for the moment it takes it to move the item from the chest next to it, to the altar, so it won't get off of the fetter. Otherwise, it will put stones in the altar when there's not enough LP, and waste some of it :(

xQrNrnD.png

The currently deactivated golem is set to put 1, and only 1, either of livingrock or a botanical slate. I'm thinking I may drop the livingrock from it, as botanical slates are easier to automate and use less LP!

qqon9xu.png

The last golem is set to extract reinforced slates, and only reinforced slates. My next step will be to set up more fetters with Golemic Inhibitors from Automagy, set to individual golems, that will each be set to take out a different slate. I'll then stick levers on them, similar to your design, and voila, I can define which type I'll be making!

lcWBjIV.png

It's not as automated as yours is, and I need to set up a better way to fill it with LP, likely a spawning room with a well of suffering, but before I can do rituals, I need a lot of reinforced slates! But now that I've got my golem the right way around (!), it's smoother sailing from here on out. :)