[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really expect anyone to know, but I'm just curious about something. I finally set up a system for auto-harvesting crops (Harvesting Golems, picked up by hopperhocks in a chest, pipes to a drawer controller with drawers attached) but for some reason, the snowballs are disappearing. I've watched, they are clearly going into the system when the golem harvests the snowbell, but when they hit the controller, it disappears. Is this something with the controller/drawers set-up, or is it just being weird?
My snowballs get into their drawer fine. I am putting them in a compacting drawer but don't see how that should change anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I'll have to turn off the pipes and force the snowballs into a drawer closer to the controller, see if that helps. It's amazingly hard to do when the pipes are running, though.

Bull_Boy

Jul 29, 2019
According to Forestry's wiki, the size of the farm you pictured is possible in standard Forestry.

How did you configure the farm? Normally, Wheat, Carrots and Potatoes, Netherwart, Pumpkin and Melons, and Sugar cane all take different Electron tubes to configure. Does it just treat all Agricraft Cropped plants for the orchard or do you still need to configure for different plants?

Ahh I might have just miss-remembered how the farm sizes work.

I configured it to 'Manual' and set all 4 sides to 'orchard' with copper electron tubes. I figured it would work because 'orchard' harvests fruit, doesn't break blocks or plant soil. It harvests Agricraft crops perfectly. Thought hey display a melon-breaking texture when farmed.

oOMitchOo

Jul 29, 2019
I found out which causes this to happen:

OK, something really weird is happening with our Regrowth Server ver 0.8.5.
Maybe someone here knows what's going on.
Our fml-server-latest.log grows in half a day to the size of about 1,5 GBs

Those are the entries getting spammed over and over again in the log:
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 7
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 0
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 1
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 2
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 3
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 4
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 5
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 6
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 7
[Server thread/DEBUG] [Enhanced Inventories/]: Checking ores at 8

At the rate of about 250 per second. What is happening and why is it happening?

Apparently the auto-assembler from "enhanced inventories" likes to spam the log with 200+ entries per second, when it auto-crafts charcoal blocks.
(I tested this in a brand new world in version 0.8.6)

Unbenannt.png

My only option now is to get rid of all auto-assemblers in my world and start doing everything with AE. Any other suggestions?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, OniyaMCD! :)
Additionally you can chisel between the two.

You can also use barrels or drawers to convert if you set them to the other one before putting it in.

I don't really expect anyone to know, but I'm just curious about something. I finally set up a system for auto-harvesting crops (Harvesting Golems, picked up by hopperhocks in a chest, pipes to a drawer controller with drawers attached) but for some reason, the snowballs are disappearing. I've watched, they are clearly going into the system when the golem harvests the snowbell, but when they hit the controller, it disappears. Is this something with the controller/drawers set-up, or is it just being weird?
Drawer controllers only reach 12 blocks in any direction. That includes making a turn, so 3 blocks north 2 blocks down is 5 total.
However I'm not sure about vanishing materials, that may be the specific pipe interaction you're using. It is possible to use hopperhocks with drawers last I checked.
I suggest locking all drawers and identifying what can go where with a manual placement first. That's what I've always done because I'm picky, however it does avoid double drawers and might help with the vanishing.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use barrels or drawers to convert if you set them to the other one before putting it in.

Drawer controllers only reach 12 blocks in any direction. That includes making a turn, so 3 blocks north 2 blocks down is 5 total.
However I'm not sure about vanishing materials, that may be the specific pipe interaction you're using. It is possible to use hopperhocks with drawers last I checked.
I suggest locking all drawers and identifying what can go where with a manual placement first. That's what I've always done because I'm picky, however it does avoid double drawers and might help with the vanishing.
I don't think that bit about the turn is correct based on past experience.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
The drawers will convert icy needles to snowballs i know for a fact when used with a controller ... I'm assuming it would work the other way also if you have a drawer with needles in it.

Reactions: fimbrethil
W

Wootwootguy04

Anyone else having problems with the Hohlraum crafting. Tried it and it's not completing the specific quest.

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to 0.8.5. Game chrashes and I don't understand from the earlier post's where to go to fix this. Can anyone explain the fix, so I can understand it?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just updated to 0.8.5. Game chrashes and I don't understand from the earlier post's where to go to fix this. Can anyone explain the fix, so I can understand it?

Did you see this post?

Same error here... agricraft stuff...

you mean delete the config on " minecraft\config\agricraft" ?

EDIT: Means files under "Regrowth\minecraft\config\BlockProperties\AgriCraft". the crop files (json) that are not updated in the pack cause the crash.
To make it work I moved all the json files under this directory that were not updated today to another folder and worked.
I think everybody updating the mod pack might have the issue, the solution might be do a fresh install but be warned to save your worlds before doing it

Files below:
cropCuprosia.json
cropDiamahlia.json
cropEmeryllis.json
cropFerranium.json
cropJaslumine.json
cropLapender.json
cropNitorWart.json
cropOsmonium.json
cropPetinia.json
cropQuartzanthemum.json
cropRedstodendron.json
cropAurigold.json

EDIT 2: I got a message complaining about many missing blocks during the startup... Some change on agricraft or on its config cause this, but anyway... its working now :)

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
I found out which causes this to happen:

Apparently the auto-assembler from "enhanced inventories" likes to spam the log with 200+ entries per second, when it auto-crafts charcoal blocks.
(I tested this in a brand new world in version 0.8.6)

Unbenannt.png

My only option now is to get rid of all auto-assemblers in my world and start doing everything with AE. Any other suggestions?

I believe someone didn't turned off debug mode for enhanced inventories, I believe you should check on the mod page on curse or GitHub and ask there or check for this... Don't seems to be related to the mod pack... Guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
There have been times when it was recommend. I have at various times updated botania ahead of the pack. You do need to be aware that if you change your mods and something breaks you may be on your own for fixing it.

As I recall forbidden magic doesn't have much in the way of changes so you should be safe. Check the minetweaker scripts. If the scrip is as long as Mek's I'd be wary. If it is shorter you should be fine.

Last point. The botania version immediately after the one in the pack changes alot of things. Forbidden magic mods botania. Make sure that the new FM doesn't require the new botania. If it does take a long look at the botania change log. Lots of changes, mostly for the better but it will break all of my AE automation. (But it will let me get rid of the annoying constant clicking from my runic alter setup)

Right. I don't know why I didn't notice but it does make some changes according to Botania's big update. I'm not sure I want to touch that one yet. Best to just wait for now. Thanks~

DJPaultjeD

Jul 29, 2019
So my gf was playing the map today, and the game crashes back to launcher upon loading world... Tried removing the agricraft files as stated in a previous post, wich caused it to complain about missing blocks and afterwards still crashes to desktop. Tried downgrading to .3 didnt work either. Pastebin to crashreport:

http://pastebin.com/rj76qyYD

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
When I try various stuff in my Vat it can get stuck and I can't get it out. For example, a flint pick and some cobble.

I have achieved gold and iron seeds. I can make a Minecraft iron pick but it doesn't seem to break a vat. That might be the way to get stuff out or move my vats. What do you recommend for my next pick after flint? I'd also line to mine nether ores. Should I endeavor to make a smeltery next?

Yes, make a smeltery next. However, I suggest skipping the iron pick and turning those iron ingots into manasteel instead. The manasteel pickaxe skips a few mining levels.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

The drawers will convert icy needles to snowballs i know for a fact when used with a controller ... I'm assuming it would work the other way also if you have a drawer with needles in it.
I can confirm this, just tested it. Which is strange because mine had been working just fine, but my test world does exactly this. (version 0.8.2, assuming true past it)

I don't think that bit about the turn is correct based on past experience.

Woops, entirely correct. 12 in all directions so going 12 up, 12 south, 12 east for example would still be in range. Just tested to verify, my bad.
Damn...that's a lot of storage space...

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
That...Is interesting. It's not really an issue, since I don't know if I would need either snowballs or icy needles in bulk. I can just manually harvest for snowballs when I need them, I suppose.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
That...Is interesting. It's not really an issue, since I don't know if I would need either snowballs or icy needles in bulk. I can just manually harvest for snowballs when I need them, I suppose.
Lasers. Snow and cake are used for the botania runes that make the mana lense used in lasers. A fact that I constantly find amusing.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest removing the needles and storing them near where you enter the dream world. then you could keep the snow farming and have it auto deposit needles into snowballs...getting double per harvest.

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Due to a huge mistake on my part it looks like i'll be going into 0.8.6 with a new world
Decided to move the location of my base by shoving everything into ME Drives then into chests within chest into bags with a chest in my inventory.
Turns out all that data in ones inventory is too much for the client to handle and crashes on entering the world.

On the bright side i was getting bored with having everything and wanted a fresh start, now's my chance.