[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So, the pack includes Millenaire, which is cool, but the worldgen is 100% wasteland biomes only and the "creation quest" relies on there being other biomes to progress... so, are the in mod quests just a non-starter? I mean, the Sadhu only spawn in forest biomes and the Alchemist in extreme hills. And before anyone suggests witchery, they also only spawn in unexplored chunks. Is this fixed in the configs somehow? Are we waiting for a pack update to tweak these quests? I don't want to go generating thousands of new chunks (and a bloated save file) for no reason.
Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to make the creation quest completable.

Shank2000

Jul 29, 2019
Hey yeah I check by removing the anchor block closing and opening the world is perfect, if i place it back down and close and open it it crashes.
Is there a way to post the log, here the file is the wrong extention (.log) and too long for pastebin

Had a friend test the issue and same results

I suffer from the same issue with the world anchor. Caused world corruption coming back from the outer lands.

Shank2000

Jul 29, 2019
I suffer from the same issue with the world anchor. Caused world corruption coming back from the outer lands.
I just confirmed that the anchor issue is caused by the version 9.8 of railcraft. if you downgrade railcraft to 9.7 you will be golden.

Shadewing

Jul 29, 2019
Hi thephoenixlodge,

First, really liking your pack. I love the way you have intertwined the mods so the progression requirements for each mod depend on each other.

Second, I was hoping you would consider adding the mod 'Another One Bites the Dust' by ganymedes01. The reason I ask is it would add Thaumcraft Native Clusters for Aluminium, Rutile and Osmium.

As I said, I think your pack is great and I hope you continue to 1.0 and beyond.

Bull_Boy

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to auto-farm crops? Derpy Thaumcraft Golems, RF starving Robots, or can Forestry farms even farm them?

Forestry farms can farm crops. But you have to set it to 'Manual' nd use 'Orchard' configuration'. It doesn't place dirt, or break blocks, which is exactly what you want. Much faster than robots, plus it doesn't drop entity items. And they can be gigantic. From what I've seen, the forestry farms in this pack can be bigger than in standard forestry. Yes, it is manual at the start, but trust me it is ell worth it once you have it set up.

2015-12-04_11.40.44.png

Last edited:
Reactions: darkeshrine

AutodidacticPhD

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to make the creation quest completable.

I was afraid of that. Ah well, thanks for the speedy reply. At least Millenaire is back on my radar now... maybe I'll try adding it to a more general purpose (non HQM) pack. It's too bad the team rewriting Minecolony for 1.7 still haven't released yet. Seems like it would have been a much smoother fit.

(edit: I don't suppose you know of a console command to force them to spawn? ...longshot I know, I'm just a little sad that this pack/save looks like it's basically over right after starting the villages)

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been sitting here staring at a charger for ten minutes and It's not charging my Certus. It's getting power and waila says it's energy buffer is full, but it's just not doing anything. It normally only takes a couple seconds to charge a certus quartz. Is it a bug, or does it just take a really long time in this pack?

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been sitting here staring at a charger for ten minutes and It's not charging my Certus. It's getting power and waila says it's energy buffer is full, but it's just not doing anything. It normally only takes a couple seconds to charge a certus quartz. Is it a bug, or does it just take a really long time in this pack?
I don't think there is a visual change. Also it only worked with power from the top for me(using build craft pipes but I figure universal cable would be similar ). Once it was working it only took a couple of seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is a visual change. Also it only worked with power from the top for me(using build craft pipes but I figure universal cable would be similar ). Once it was working it only took a couple of seconds.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ok, I have it powered from the bottom. I'll try that.

Edit: Yeah, oddly enough, that works. Apparently It doesn't like being powered from the bottom.

EDIT: Another question, I've been using Mekanism for my power gen and transport. How do I get power from Mek pipes into Buildcraft Pipes so that Robots can use it? I tried putting a Mek energy cell in between, but it won't output into buildcraft pipes.

Last edited:

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
Take it easy. This is an open thread, people will help if and when they are able to. Have patience, but know you won't always get a response to every enquiry..

As for your problem, your world will be saved in your Curse install directory. By default I believe this is in your My Documents folder. In there somewhere should be an 'Instances' folder, and your pack should be in the 'Saves' folder. Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm not in front of my gaming machine ATM. Did you give your world a specific name? That will make it easier to find the right save folder.
Its in the .minecraft file but it doesn't appear on the world screen

NeedsSomeWork

Jul 29, 2019
0.8.4 Every time I try to put induction casing into a crafting table I get a crash to desktop. I tried ae, tinkers and vanilla.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to do the quest Lust for Power but Lillith says "My child, you have no need of my blood..." when I right+click her with a goblet. I think this was what I was supposed to do?

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Another question, I've been using Mekanism for my power gen and transport. How do I get power from Mek pipes into Buildcraft Pipes so that Robots can use it? I tried putting a Mek energy cell in between, but it won't output into buildcraft pipes.

Are you using a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe for connecting to the other cable, or the Cube's 'output' face? That still applies for any power source, even if that's from another mod.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe for connecting to the other cable, or the Cube's 'output' face? That still applies for any power source, even if that's from another mod.

Does the Cube have an output face? There's no configuration in the gui like everything else in Mek seems to have.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry farms can farm crops. But you have to set it to 'Manual' nd use 'Orchard' configuration'. It doesn't place dirt, or break blocks, which is exactly what you want. Much faster than robots, plus it doesn't drop entity items. And they can be gigantic. From what I've seen, the forestry farms in this pack can be bigger than in standard forestry. Yes, it is manual at the start, but trust me it is ell worth it once you have it set up.

View attachment 24875
A few questions for you.
How much power does that manual crop farm take? I've been doing my harvests by hand...
What type of tree is that in the background?
Is that setup on a forestry tree farm as well?
And is that a natural mountain in the background or constructed? I've not seen any worldgen like that.