[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I was also having issues getting nothing back when throwing saplings into a mana pool.. Turns out my Endoflames were eating the saplings.

True, my Endoflames are like 3 blocks away from the pool. However, they do have a small delay when gobbling up the coal pieces/blocks I throw at them; do they use up the saplings instantaneously?

Getting cactus (and other flowers) requires that you level up the crop first. When I sheer a 10.10.10 cactus I get 4 cactus so I figure it has to do with it's drop rate but you can't get one cactus so you have to wait until the drop rate is 2 or more.

Thanks for that info, didn't think of leveling up the seeds to get the blocks.

NeedsSomeWork

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a zone planner and the map is glitched, any suggestions on fixing it?
Started map in 8.0 now in 8.4

Attachments

• glitched.png
    glitched.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 79

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. I'm assuming you have an open crate with a redstone signal to delay them taking your coal. Anything not dropped from the crate will be instantly picked up.

Not true. I fed charcoal blocks to my endoflames for a LONG time. I always had to hold shift when dropping them by hand because my ring of magnetization would pick them up before the endoflames would, even though the ring explicitly says in the botania book that it won't pickup dropped items until they lay on the ground for a few seconds.

Still, it is really good advice not to have endoflames anywhere near anything that gets dropped. This has come up more than a handful of times from confused players in this thread.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a zone planner and the map is glitched, any suggestions on fixing it?

I tried using the zone planner and it kept crashing me to desktop. I eventually just made a box with landmarks, and clicked the map on the landmark box to create my robot maps. Not sure how to fix the zone planner though, as it was easier just to use landmarks.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. I'm assuming you have an open crate with a redstone signal to delay them taking your coal. Anything not dropped from the crate will be instantly picked up.

Nope, I'm still them feeding them manually (because lazy) and even after dropping the fuel, it takes a bit of time before they use it. Just as @joshuad156 mentioned, if I drop them and I stay nearby, the ring will pick them up before the endoflames, and it isn't instant (takes a few seconds). I will do some tests when I get home tonight or sometime tomorrow but I will definitely move my pool further away just in case the flowers are up for shenanigans.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I'm still them feeding them manually (because lazy) and even after dropping the fuel, it takes a bit of time before they use it. Just as @joshuad156 mentioned, if I drop them and I stay nearby, the ring will pick them up before the endoflames, and it isn't instant (takes a few seconds). I will do some tests when I get home tonight or sometime tomorrow but I will definitely move my pool further away just in case the flowers are up for shenanigans.
None that matters. For some reason endos will grab items off of the alchemy catalyst instantly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Draconicrose

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't start out with it all at once either ;) build it small steps at a time with levers in the basement and input/output in a single chest in the basement, then got tired of having to jump into the basement all the time and moved output and levers up besides my altar... You golem setup is cool too, and easy to expand for the other types of slates with more golems. Due to only having 4 types of pipe wire I don't know if I even can expand my setup to the last tier of slate. I'll have to see about that when time comes.

Partly automating is a huge step on the way to fully automating! :D

EDIT: thinking a bit about the limits of 4 pipe wires... I guess I could add a condition for all other pipe wires to be off, then make the 5th slate a combination of 2 types of pipe wire. The real challenge then lies in that I can only put 4 gates on the emerald pipe. So I have to come up with some clever way to be able to extract more than 4 different types of slates with only 4 gates.

Higher tier gates can respond to more signals. I believe an emerald OR gate can handle 4 different 4 input combinations. so 4 gates would get you 16 pipe wire combinations. which just happens to be as many as there are. so you are limited to 16 (15 if you don't want to use all off)

I am setting up a thing like this triggered to a % of inventory for all of my plates, cause letting them fill completely leaves AE with nowhere to put extra if i cancel a work order.

Edit make that AND gates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Higher tier gates can respond to more signals. I believe an emerald OR gate can handle 4 different 4 input combinations. so 4 gates would get you 16 pipe wire combinations. which just happens to be as many as there are. so you are limited to 16 (15 if you don't want to use all off)

I am setting up a thing like this triggered to a % of inventory for all of my plates, cause letting them fill completely leaves AE with nowhere to put extra if i cancel a work order.

Edit make that AND gates.
I figured that yes. My trouble now is how to conditionally pull more than 4 slates with only 4 gates :)

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say as to fixing it, but unless you need to define an irregular area the height of the world you're far better off using landmarks to lay out the area to be interacted with. Just activate the landmark (like you would for a quarry or a builder, for instance) and then use the zone map on the main corner. If you clicked the proper corner the map will have the coordinates and a relative measurement of the area for the robots to interact with.

Personally I'm finding robots to be quite disappointing when all is said and done. I had four but two of them went missing when my power died for reasons I have yet to understand. Now about a third of my resources aren't getting harvested, as I haven't made the golems to replace the absentee robots yet.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
The diamond dolly and the experience bush are the only two invisible quests I know of - I think they are in chapters one and two.

I too would like to know what all these are. I DESPISE hidden quests in HQM. Here's what I found so far:

Chapter 1) Kill an enderman - unlocks Ender Seeds in Chapter 2
Find/Collect an Experience bush (search caves)
Chapter 2) Unknown (97% complete, no idea what the hidden quest is here)
Chapter 3) Craft an Alchemical Catalyst - says it unlocks 1 other quest, but not sure which one TBH
Chapter 4) Lots of hidden quests until you complete major steps in other chapters. These quests also unlock other major quest lines. DO THESE.
Chapter 5) Craft a Centrifuge
Chapter 6) Craft a Diamond Dolly
Chapter 7) Several of these are hidden, but I don't remember how I unlocked them.
Chapter 8) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 9) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 10) Major portions of this tree unlocks as you complete the Witchery books in Chapter 4
Chapter 11) Make a Thaumonomicon to begin (might require some reputation too). Create the treefyd seed in Chapter 10 to unlock the rest of Thaumcraft
Chapter 12) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 13) Unknown - I haven't completed many of these yet
Chapter 14) Unknown - I haven't unlocked these yet
Chapter 15) Unknown - I haven't unlocked these yet

If someone has a list of the quest progression or hidden quests, I'd love to see it. I'm not a huge fan of Witchery/Thaumcraft, so I'm very slowly progressing in those still. Spending way too much time building tech infrastructure, because who doesn't like tech!

sral92x

Jul 29, 2019
Hey need help.
I have my server running but when I try to connect it get's stuck at "logging in..."
The server keeps outputting something about unexpected package.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hey need help.
I have my server running but when I try to connect it get's stuck at "logging in..."
You're unlikely to get an answer without posting the servers log. Don't forget to put it in a spoiler.

sral92x

Jul 29, 2019
Hey need help.
here is the fml-serverlog
[07:19:11] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:13] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:15] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:17] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:19] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:21] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:23] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:25] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:27] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:29] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:31] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:33] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[07:19:35] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing the other day and i had to go out so i closed the game properly and shut down my pc, but when I returned i booted up my oc and opened regrowth a d my world was missing. I checked the .minecraft file through the curse client (that is the only launcher that works) amd it was there. I dont know if this was a bug or if my world just got corrupted some how.

Last edited:

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing nothing but Bees for a whole week but Finally I got up to Draconic bees, Even with highly defensive fully enchanted primordial armor where almost nothing can hurt me, End bees still hurt alot, luckily Genetics solves that problem.
now I wont have to search for mineshaft chest for the oblivion frames. (still need to get the proven frames from villagers though)

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
I too would like to know what all these are. I DESPISE hidden quests in HQM. Here's what I found so far:

Chapter 3) Craft an Alchemical Catalyst - says it unlocks 1 other quest, but not sure which one TBH
Chapter 4) Lots of hidden quests until you complete major steps in other chapters. These quests also unlock other major quest lines. DO THESE.
Chapter 7) Several of these are hidden, but I don't remember how I unlocked them.
Chapter 10) Major portions of this tree unlocks as you complete the Witchery books in Chapter 4
Chapter 11) Make a Thaumonomicon to begin (might require some reputation too). Create the treefyd seed in Chapter 10 to unlock the rest of Thaumcraft

If someone has a list of the quest progression or hidden quests, I'd love to see it. I'm not a huge fan of Witchery/Thaumcraft, so I'm very slowly progressing in those still. Spending way too much time building tech infrastructure, because who doesn't like tech!

Chapter 2 Seems to be to craft the Master Infusion Stone, at least it showed completed after I did that even though I don't see a quest for that in my book afterwards.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019

Like you, I have been wondering what is hidden for chapter 2. This morning, I awakened and did some idle browsing through the quest book before leaving the study. Lo and behold, chapter 2 shows complete! Nothing has changed within chapter 2, but all is done. The last thing I did before going to my repose was to complete the last seeds I needed (spider, creeper, and shards) and craft the Extreme Essence Stone. I then replaced the skeleton skull on my altar with one of the wither skulls I received from the reward. One of those actions must have been what chapter 2 needed.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Chapter 2 Seems to be to craft the Master Infusion Stone, at least it showed completed after I did that even though I don't see a quest for that in my book afterwards.

The last thing I did before going to my repose was to complete the last seeds I needed (spider, creeper, and shards) and craft the Extreme Essence Stone. I then replaced the skeleton skull on my altar with one of the wither skulls I received from the reward. One of those actions must have been what chapter 2 needed.

I've crafted all of these things and done all of these actions some time ago. My chapter 2 still shows 97% complete :-/