[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. don't get me wrong, regrowth is amazing and I love it! The 1 thing I have a problem with is that when I crossbread the potato and belladonna I end up with potato or the same old belladonna while trying to get mandrake! I do the stuff it asks like soil and water with 2 crops together in between and 1 side potato other belladonna. I don't know!! please let me know ! thanks
Mutation is something like a 40% chance. Pray to the RNG and keep trying.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: An0nymuS

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
I fond the best way of cross breading is to use a 3x3 area and use 2 of each plant. Plant 1 of each plant in the four middle blocks of the outer grid, same plant opposite each other, and double crops in a X. This way you have 5 times the chance for a mutation to happen.

gakm4

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. don't get me wrong, regrowth is amazing and I love it! The 1 thing I have a problem with is that when I crossbread the potato and belladonna I end up with potato or the same old belladonna while trying to get mandrake! I do the stuff it asks like soil and water with 2 crops together in between and 1 side potato other belladonna. I don't know!! please let me know ! thanks
Both plants need to be fully grown for any mutation to happen. I would get both plants fully grown before placing the cross crops down.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Shade of Leonard has got me quite stumped. I thought a potion brewed with a Creeper Heart would extend the timer on Mortal Coil, but nada.

That and I mistook Splash Blast potions for Splash Harm potions so there's holes everywhere.

Reactions: Pudding01

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
The Shade of Leonard has quite different phases, theres only a handfull of good battle video tutorials out there sadly. The wisps he spawns must be killed in order to progress killing him, and they have different damage immunity types

oOMitchOo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a tiny amount of some other fluid in the furnace's tank?

It said that there's nothing inside. I broke the furnace and replaced it. I guess we'll see in a few seconds, if limestone will behave now........ aaand, yes! It works! :D Thanks. Weird... the furnace definitely showed that there was nothing inside.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm here with a silly question: The quest book is more of a guide, right? I mean, I know some of the mods in the pack, and from playing I gather that you can use golems to help around with a lot of the boring stuff. But the Thaumcraft, from what I understand from my googling, is a bit mid to late game (the quests, anyway).

Can I just build and make things happen at my pace, rather than just do what the quest book tells me to?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I'm here with a silly question: The quest book is more of a guide, right? I mean, I know some of the mods in the pack, and from playing I gather that you can use golems to help around with a lot of the boring stuff. But the Thaumcraft, from what I understand from my googling, is a bit mid to late game (the quests, anyway).

Can I just build and make things happen at my pace, rather than just do what the quest book tells me to?
Absolutely! One thing I like about the pack is the quest book gives you a logical starting sequence for those (raises hand) who are new to modded Minecraft (or Minecraft altogether, for that matter).

Do be careful and don't just blindly start in to things. ThePhoenixLodge did change a lot of things and made the mods work much more closely together than some other mod packs I have seen. Which is another thing I like about the pack.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely! One thing I like about the pack is the quest book gives you a logical starting sequence for those (raises hand) who are new to modded Minecraft (or Minecraft altogether, for that matter).

Do be careful and don't just blindly start in to things. ThePhoenixLodge did change a lot of things and made the mods work much more closely together than some other mod packs I have seen. Which is another thing I like about the pack.
Thanks. It's just that getting a golem automated tree farm will get me all the mana I may want without me having to worry about anything. Just the having an automated, low-cost Alfheim portal running is enough.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, but not as much as you might if you threw these mods into a pack by themselves unchanged. For instance, Thaumcraft is mid-to-late game because the recipe for the tables (for research and arcane crafting) now requires greatwood, and greatwood will require treefyd seeds from Witchery used on a runic alter. To get those treefyd seeds, you'll need an attuned stone, which again has had its recipe changed, and now requires dragonstones from Alheim. Equally, the blood altar from Blood Magic requires thaumium, so that's gated behind Thaumcraft. Progression is still staged somewhat, but not rigidly enforced once you get past those points.

Reactions: Ashendale

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
The missing and mismatched slabs are from where the guardian teleported and broke them. He teleports as soon as I zap him.

I'll try upgrading to Terrasteel armour.
So I just wanted to point out another option no one seems to have thought of...this works for so many enemies...
Witchery Lycanthropy+vial/flask of invisibility or amulet of invisibility. I suggest invis vial/flask and regen or resist amulet. You have several fights worth in that time period.
It cannot target you, you get natural magical and physical resistance, a large damage and health boost, move speed, and some other bits.

You still have to deal with the purple...but even without those items, just a piece or two of magical food to stay topped off you can ignore it entirely.

I use the Witching Gadgets "Berserker bracers" for +2 damage and steadfast spaulders (for less knockback, just an always gear piece), a soujourner's/globetrotter's sash, ring of far reach (easier to hit him)

The Invisibility vial/flask is just netherwart, snowball, glowstone dust. VERY easily acquired. The most difficuly is to get a large enough coven, which with spawn eggs is very easy. Do the werewolf quests till 9 for armor rend to make things faster. Technically can be done after a single quest to gain control over wolf form only. Level 5 allows werewolf transformation.

With Tiara+eye of flugel it's even easier (assuming it doesn't glitch and not let you fly), never get touched by anything, invis flask and werewolf decimating everything...Flying Invisible Werewolf, made even better if you're using a "companion" title scroll...like a butterfly from nature's attendant...in 3rd person cam, a butterfly is decimating the gaia guardian.

Werewolves remove their armor when shifting, dropping on the ground, as well as dropping held items. Ring of magnetism is wonderful for recovery. Shifting back will make you vulnerable till you shift again or re armor.

Edit: To add to this, you can actually take on the Gaia 2 as a werewolf as well. I use flask of invisibility/resistance 2/absorption IV at the start, activate the fight, then turn into a wolf.

Gear is: Ring of far reach, Ring of magnetisim (in case of dropping things), Berserker's bracers, Steadfast Spaulders, and Globetrotter's Sash.

To make things easier you can also add in a Mariculture elemental affinity pink pearl piece (bracelet, ring, necklace) and to make catching up easier, a piece with blink (activation button+ right click with open hand).

Teleport after the teleporter.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Absolutely. I would highly recommend making a Beealyzer before trying to set up the bees for the Apiarist Clothing quest.

EDIT: Low-level automation for the Tropical Bees (extracting combs to a chest outside of their range and cycling drones and princesses back in) will also save you a lot of pain - or at least milk.

Last edited:

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to update using curse voice. It told me that the install failed, check some log or another.

Found that it had deleted my instance for some reason, and had nothing in the backups folder.

Not sure I care to try and start the modpack again after that.. don't understand why curse voice deletes directly instead of moving to recycle bin.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
CMIIW but I think many of the Magical Crops seeds can only be acquired by doing the quests that give necessary ingredients as a reward.
You are indeed correct. I can't remember the unlock chain for them however.

Anyone happen to know a fix for NEI forgetting entire crafting methods? For example I cannot look up how to make Dreamwood (I know how, but the entire Alfheim Portal NEI recipes list vanished). Pressing R just shows crafting Dreamwood Slabs into Dreamwood. None of the Portal ones show up anymore, and they did before.

And yes I know you can look it up in the Lexica Botanica, I'm specifically talking about the NEI lookup. Other things like the Blast Furnace, etc still work.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do I build an Infernal Blast Furnace? I think there must be a quest that I haven't unlocked yet.

*Edit* Ah, is it the Thaumcraft one?

*Edit* Ignore me - I can use a regular Blast Furnace to make Refined Steel.

Goddess

Jul 29, 2019
I was using schematica on Regrowth before the update... and now for some reason it will not let me add it as a mod... anyone have any idea how to get it back on?

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
How do I remove essentia leftover from alchemical construct? I have two Praecantatio there and I can't put into a Glass Phial as I would need 8 nor put it back into the jar... am I missing something?

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
How do I remove essentia leftover from alchemical construct? I have two Praecantatio there and I can't put into a Glass Phial as I would need 8 nor put it back into the jar... am I missing something?
Sneak & right click will clear essentia out of containers like the alembics or the jars. If you mean the thaumatorium for automated alchemy, I think you might have to finish the craft, if it stopped midway through. That, or break and replace, which is fairly costly in vis, so not advised before you have a good wand recharge system.

Reactions: fefocwb

Crooker

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, is there anyone having problems with sorting of any inventory on 0.8.3? Everytime I click with mouse middle button or any button on chest interface, items get sorted, but when I take item from it or when I reopen any inventory, items are again in the order before sorting. And sometimes, specialy with fully inventories and I click sorting button or middle button, it do, as I click with left mouse button on it - it "gets" under my cursor.

I'm playing on server, if that can help

Last edited: