[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Infernal wand definitely helps for Gaia 2! Together with my blood magic potions (I think I forgot to mention Resistance IV in my last post) I had no trouble at all... Not having to worry about staying out of the purple stuff is awesome. I didn't even wear my terrasteel armor (had changed into Sanguine armor for crafting the wand earlier) - and I didn't even notice until the fight was over haha :D
Also I got the Key of the King's Law from my first dice roll. That one is cool and great for dealing with all the mobs the Gaia Guardians spawn in the last part of the fight.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that will work (nice setup and I may wind up using it) but you are doing what I am trying to avoid, which is make a separate Crafty Crate for each essence. I'm lazy and fiercely proud of it. Your system is good in that you don't have to worry about harvesting in multiples of 8. I'm not up to golems or robots yet so my fields are set up so that a couple of swipes with a scythe takes care of things. Just trying to eliminate manual steps until i can achieve full "fire and forget" automation.
Actually having one crate each is just to save time and mana. If four coal and four iron hit a crate they just fall out. Eventually (due to entities of a type combining in the world) 8 of one type will hit the crate first and craft.

Edit: about 1/4 to 1/3 of my crates are handling two essences right now. It will be more when I split out to more small inventory "maintenance"
Size plots instead of the larger bulk plots.

also I leave my filters set. Even tho I haven't harvested iron in weeks it is still in the filters. So when I finally run low all I will have to do is replant.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Short video of a gaia2 in the pit.
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but he teleports as soon as I zap him with the Terra Blade. Maybe... could be the Ring of Far Reach, and it's the physical hit that triggers the teleport. I may try re-building the pit.

*Edit* Nope, tried it without the ring, he teleports immediately. Maybe, the ground around the pit is too high?

*Edit* Nope, lowered the ground to the same level 15 blocks in all directions from the wall, he teleports away as soon as I zap him.

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Question time. Trying to unlock the Crimson Rites book quest to get my book back to where it should be. What was the conditions for that if anyone knows. Cheers :)

Steve_59

Jul 29, 2019
Question time. Trying to unlock the Crimson Rites book quest to get my book back to where it should be. What was the conditions for that if anyone knows. Cheers :)
I am not 100% sure but I got it unlocked by having warp, lots and lots of warp.

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, I am running v0.8.4 and I am trying to complete "Another side Another Story" but despite having gotten my Lexicon back with the elven knowledge in it, the quest hasnt recognised it. Has anyone experienced a similar bug?

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Use a manual farm (orchard) circuit board. It'll simply collect the essence when it's grown and otherwise leave the plants alone. You'll have to place the soil and the cropsticks manually, afaik.

So, after many weeks of grinding bees to get up to apatine (which involved setting up the entire Genetics setup to allow rural bees to even work, and lots of witchery to change biomes), we finally have a forestry multi farm set up.

Except it doesn't work. It complains that there's no water (even though the internal tank is full), that there's no fertiliser (even though the slot is full) and says 'no farmland' (even though there's plenty of farmland around with bricks underneath them). Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

gakm4

Jul 29, 2019
So, after many weeks of grinding bees to get up to apatine (which involved setting up the entire Genetics setup to allow rural bees to even work, and lots of witchery to change biomes), we finally have a forestry multi farm set up.

Except it doesn't work. It complains that there's no water (even though the internal tank is full), that there's no fertiliser (even though the slot is full) and says 'no farmland' (even though there's plenty of farmland around with bricks underneath them). Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
What type of crops are you trying to use the farm for? The forestry farms default as being a tree farm.

Also you went the long way to get fertilizer... get a crusher from mekanism and crush gunpowder and the output can be used to make the fertilizer for the farm

Reactions: An0nymuS

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
What type of crops are you trying to use the farm for? The forestry farms default as being a tree farm.

Also you went the long way to get fertilizer... get a crusher from mekanism and crush gunpowder and the output can be used to make the fertilizer for the farm
we're trying to farm all of the crops. As it says in the message I quoted, we're using a manual orchard.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
we're trying to farm all of the crops. As it says in the message I quoted, we're using a manual orchard.
I use a Buildcraft robot for harvesting crops. I currently have 45 fields (7X7 and 10/10/10 crops btw) and Robots set up. Maybe I'll switch to multifarm if it solve my fps issue.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Do you have a complete ring of blocks around the multiblock? I remember reading about a problem in some version of Forestry, when you don't have the multiblock completly surrounded.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a complete ring of blocks around the multiblock? I remember reading about a problem in some version of Forestry, when you don't have the multiblock completly surrounded.
that was it! thanks!
Just a single closed ring around the whole structure made it go.

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me if there's a good resource on the web or youtube that describes the Bees you can get and combos needed beyond the first few? I've managed to get the royal jelly and pollen ones. I've never done bees in another pack but with so many magical crops, which I've also never done I figured I'd try bees. I need to know how to find the recipe for Apitite Bees or others that offer resources unavailable through the magical crops system.

Thanks for any help.

Skala

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, I am running v0.8.4 and I am trying to complete "Another side Another Story" but despite having gotten my Lexicon back with the elven knowledge in it, the quest hasnt recognised it. Has anyone experienced a similar bug?
Are you using the enchiridion book holder thing? This happened to me and, though I can't say for sure, I think it's because the book went straight into the binder when I picked it up. Taking it out to hold it still wouldn't trigger completion. I made a new lexicon and put the binder away before tossing it in the portal and, that did the trick~

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me if there's a good resource on the web or youtube that describes the Bees you can get and combos needed beyond the first few? I've managed to get the royal jelly and pollen ones. I've never done bees in another pack but with so many magical crops, which I've also never done I figured I'd try bees. I need to know how to find the recipe for Apitite Bees or others that offer resources unavailable through the magical crops system.

Thanks for any help.

This was the most helpful reference I found for bee breeding: http://nonsanity.com/bees/
It seems to have every possible bee. Still was only helpful to find an immediate target, which turned out to be common and cultivated bees. Then I remembered that I didn't like beekeeping much, and got busy doing thaumcraft instead.

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
This was the most helpful reference I found for bee breeding: http://nonsanity.com/bees/
It seems to have every possible bee. Still was only helpful to find an immediate target, which turned out to be common and cultivated bees. Then I remembered that I didn't like beekeeping much, and got busy doing thaumcraft instead.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I may end up giving up on Bees but I want to play around for a while first. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thank you very much for the feedback. I may end up giving up on Bees but I want to play around for a while first. :)

NEI is also very helpful in finding bee combos, and also includes the special conditions for the bees (such as the need for an Apatite Ore block for the Apatite Bees. Use an Orechid to generate that in the world and then Silk Touch it.)

Reactions: Pudding01

Gavrad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. don't get me wrong, regrowth is amazing and I love it! The 1 thing I have a problem with is that when I crossbread the potato and belladonna I end up with potato or the same old belladonna while trying to get mandrake! I do the stuff it asks like soil and water with 2 crops together in between and 1 side potato other belladonna. I don't know!! please let me know ! thanks