[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the Mekanism Solar evaporation quest running through the numbers and I have to say is that's a lot of chipsets and circuit boards in total, as Minetweaker recipes go this one is really resource heavy not quite Jadedcat levels of evil but still a pain.

Also the quest to craft the Configurator does not detect it has been crafted, probably cause it comes pre-charged Idk.

Spencetep

Jul 29, 2019
Bug Report V.0.8.3

I've looked in many of the pages of this forum to see if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it so apologies if it's a repeat. When using the new crafting recipe for wheat flour (wheat and Botania's Pestle and Mortar), it gives you a pestle and mortar while also retaining the original one. ie. after crafting 64 wheat flour, I now have 65 pestle and mortars. Just mentioning this in case it effects many people. I have enough wheat now that I can afford to not use the wheat to flour to bread line.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the Mekanism Solar evaporation quest running through the numbers and I have to say is that's a lot of chipsets and circuit boards in total, as Minetweaker recipes go this one is really resource heavy not quite Jadedcat levels of evil but still a pain.

Also the quest to craft the Configurator does not detect it has been crafted, probably cause it comes pre-charged Idk.

It is pretty resource heavy, but to be honest with a decent number of lasers it doesn't take that long. My current base's 2 max height solar evaporation towers were made in about 2 hours.

Bug Report V.0.8.3

I've looked in many of the pages of this forum to see if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it so apologies if it's a repeat. When using the new crafting recipe for wheat flour (wheat and Botania's Pestle and Mortar), it gives you a pestle and mortar while also retaining the original one. ie. after crafting 64 wheat flour, I now have 65 pestle and mortars. Just mentioning this in case it effects many people. I have enough wheat now that I can afford to not use the wheat to flour to bread line.

It's been mentioned quite often within the past 8 pages. Page 671 has a fix if you want to update the minetweaker recipes.

Last edited:

Dragster468

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is a repost but me and a friend are trying to play a Lan world on this game but when I open the world it doesn't show up on his computer. Can someone tell me whats causing this and away to fix it? I've heard opening the world with cheats active work so I tried a world where cheats where active and still nothing can someone please help me?

Last edited:

MettleSlime

Jul 29, 2019
Usual sorry if this is a repeat - Thaumcraft harvest golems are breaking crop sticks. They'll pick the essence off the crop first then they'll revisit it and the golem will break the crop. If you apply the Order upgrade they actually manage to plant the seed, converting it back into a 1/1/1 seed. Test is a straw golem with a harvest core, harvesting creeper, redstone, amber and cinnabar essence.

Using current version of Regrowth pack (0.8.3). AgriCraft 1.4.0-beta-2, Thaumcraft 4.2.3.5

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
The current version 0.8.3 should have Agricraft 1.4.3 not Agricraft 1.4.0-beta, that was in versions 0.8.0 to 0.8.2

@Dragster
Are you two on the same network (ie at home on two connected pcs)? If not, LAN won't work. There are tools to circumvent this, Hamachi, Evolve or Tunngle for example. They will help you create a virtual LAN network.
Only other choice is to setup a server - either on one of your machines, which would need to be able to handle both client and server load or by renting a small server from one of the many websites that offer minecraft server hosting.

Dragster468

Jul 29, 2019
The current version 0.8.3 should have Agricraft 1.4.3 not Agricraft 1.4.0-beta, that was in versions 0.8.0 to 0.8.2

@Dragster
Are you two on the same network (ie at home on two connected pcs)? If not, LAN won't work. There are tools to circumvent this, Hamachi, Evolve or Tunngle for example. They will help you create a virtual LAN network.
Only other choice is to setup a server - either on one of your machines, which would need to be able to handle both client and server load or by renting a small server from one of the many websites that offer minecraft server hosting.
Yes we are on the same network but we have been trying to test it on other modpacks and it's not working at all. I am not sure what is going on we have port forwarding set up both are running the same packs and versions, but yet nothing.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is a repost but me and a friend are trying to play a Lan world on this game but when I open the world it doesn't show up on his computer. Can someone tell me whats causing this and away to fix it? I've heard opening the world with cheats active work so I tried a world where cheats where active and still nothing can someone please help me?
Yes we are on the same network but we have been trying to test it on other modpacks and it's not working at all. I am not sure what is going on we have port forwarding set up both are running the same packs and versions, but yet nothing.
Port forwarding isn't needed for LAN. I don't know if it would cause any issues though. Are you able to play any other games purely through LAN?

The only things I have ever found that kept two computers from seeing each other on a LAN were firewalls not being configured correctly , computers using two different OSs that aren't set up to LAN with each other yet, and OSs that aren't configured properly to use LAN. Best bet would be to find a game that doesn't require online to LAN and test the LAN feature in it. Might even be worth disconnecting the internet portion of the connection to make sure the games aren't using that in some way. Instead of LAN. If that game can LAN then the problem is a lot more likely to just be a firewall issue.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I may have missed the fix of this issue and the only thing I can find else where is that it is a mod conflict but what mod, it does not say https://www.reddit.com/r/botania/comments/3hk7sh/the_progress_bar_does_not_appear_when_i_hold_the/ . In short the issue is with the progress indicator for botania. When crafting an item that requires mana infusing the progress indicator is not showing correctly. The items icon shows, but the cicular background with the progress indicator is not rendering at all.

Any ideas as to what mod could be causing this or a fix?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gone through a few regrowth worlds since I had first started playing the modpack. All the other worlds I stuck to the quests and grinding out the maxed out seeds. This time I decided to play it only a little differently. I was doing quests to start. To help get my materials and infrastructure going though. As it progressed though I started doing more and more without always referring to the quest book for the next project. I have built three bases this time. Instead of the usual one I build and use the entire play through. I usually get to the Nether line of quests before taking a break from minecraft for awhile. I am again about up to the same point in the modpack.

Anyways, I was wanting to automate my farm. I had read on here of at least three different ways of doing it. I decided to go the forestry multi-farm route. When I decided this, if I remember acurately, I was nearing the end of the second tier of seed quests. I hadn't made any machine. I was as far as the tinkers' smeltery as far as machine infrastructure went. I finally finished the farm just a little bit before crafting my first diamond from essences. I know it may be awhile though before I can put the thing on full auto.

I forgot when I started the project to check on everything it would need to finish and use it. I had read it was doable and was going by that. Didn't even think of the fertilizer until I had the thing put together. Looked it up and found that the easiest method I had to get it were through mining the nether. I haven't even mined anything in the nether yet on this world. I set up the base on the nether side of the portal. Making it safe. Then had never been back since. Finally got the material needed for the fertilizer and crafted it. Turned on the farm and every thing was working great. I had made a few more mistakes while putting the thing together. Mostly minor stuff though. Still feeling a little embarrassed that I used up five stacks of tin making the electron tubes for the farm blocks.

Actually that is the reason I am posting this. If you ever feel you have made a horribly embarrassing mistake in minecraft just remember that there is someone with more then 3 extra stacks electron tubes out there.

The math always gets me in the end.
I may have missed the fix of this issue and the only thing I can find else where is that it is a mod conflict but what mod, it does not say https://www.reddit.com/r/botania/comments/3hk7sh/the_progress_bar_does_not_appear_when_i_hold_the/ . In short the issue is with the progress indicator for botania. When crafting an item that requires mana infusing the progress indicator is not showing correctly. The items icon shows, but the cicular background with the progress indicator is not rendering at all.

Not a clue. Did notice something similar though. Just didn't think much of it. The Circle was gone. Yet i could still kinda see it as the seed would change color. Like there was a circle there. I just wasn't seeing it the actual circle. The circle was there for certain crafts though. I just didn't note which ones were which. I hadn't really though it might be a bug or anything.

Reactions: An0nymuS

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

IIRC, Botania particles and some effects don't like the F7 functionality to show you where mobs would spawn based on light level. Try that?

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion engines requires too much water, I can't even keep up more than 2 with a pump powered by 4 wooden engines. My conclusion ? If you really want to use oil and fuel, burn it in a liquid fueled firebox.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Combustion engines require more water because it's a hot environment. If I remember correctly they use something like 2x the amount of water when in a desert-like environment.

Pumps work significantly better when supplied with actual power from a Kinesis Pipe instead of using Redstone Engines, but even when hooked to your power grid one Pump still can't keep up with more than about 3 Combustion Engines while in a desert.

Once you are able to change the biome to something more friendly, they will be easier to use.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
I just started through the launcher as normal, and it asked me if I wanted to downgrade? Did I miss an official announcement about 0.8.3 being broken somewhere?

I'd rather not downgrade because we're using a lot of golems to harvest atm, and it's running on someone elses server so manually updating agricraft is way too much bother.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Combustion engines requires too much water, I can't even keep up more than 2 with a pump powered by 4 wooden engines. My conclusion ? If you really want to use oil and fuel, burn it in a liquid fueled firebox.
what I found was to make a 10-20 tall bc tank as a buffer. this was in prev versions of regrowth and it worked fine tho things might have changed.

I also used more than one pump. I think 2-4 iirc.