[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks but who do I get to even see how to do that when its nothing but gibberish when I launch the game it still gibberish so how do i know where and who to turn it on/off? Can i do it from a diff mudpack first then launch regrowth?

Google search minecraft video settings screen

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks but who do I get to even see how to do that when its nothing but gibberish when I launch the game it still gibberish so how do i know where and who to turn it on/off? Can i do it from a diff mudpack first then launch regrowth?
Yes you can do it from a different modpack. Once you set the options in the other modpack go into its folder and copy the options.txt file and past it over the options.txt file in the regrowth instance folder. This should work. As far as I am aware minecraft ignores any option it doesn't recognize. So it is actually useful to do to quickly set up new minecraft modpack instance installs. Doesn't work if the instance is running though.

What is your native language? What is the default language of the OS install?

From the regrowth start screen click the left button. On the second screen is a button in the second column. Second one down. Click it. Select your OS's language from the list. If it is already selected select "English (US)" from the menu. If your OS's language is english and your language is english then doing all this is completely useless.

Last edited:

MaineYankee

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

English is my language of choice, only one i speak to be honest (g) I just type crappy. Thanks for trying to help me...

Anyhow, I have tried to see the spot where 3D anaglyph is to do the turn off and tun on, but it dosesnt see to be in the space where i should be on that screen. I am going launch my other mod pack and follow that to see where I get

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Pein

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

English is my language of choice, only one i speak to be honest (g) I just type crappy. Thanks for trying to help me...

Anyhow, I have tried to see the spot where 3D anaglyph is to do the turn off and tun on, but it dosesnt see to be in the space where i should be on that screen. I am going launch my other mod pack and follow that to see where I get

Just know if you press the 3d button it takes about 20-30 secs to turn off and on

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
I knew I read about this recently somewhere. I can't even remember why I was reading it. I have never been to the End and really don't have all that much interest in seeing it. All the information is contained in the Minecraft wiki though.

Backup your save folder. Then go into the folder of the save itself. Find the folder named "DIM1" and delete it. Be careful not to get the wrong one. "DIM-1" is the Nether's folder and the names look a lot alike. The "DIM1" folder contains everything having to do with the end. Deleting it should completely reset the end. Including resetting the Ender Dragon.

Sounds like this might be the case with the Nether too. If I remember reading right, some server will regularly delete both folders to make it possible to re-fight the ender dragon, and gather more materials from the nether. It shouldn't hurt any of the other dimensions, as they should all have their own folders. Of course If I am wrong that is why the backup is there.
This worked, thank you...

Then I proceeded to learn I had taken off my Tectonic Girdle and off I go.

Edit: Can Crossbow bolts take the extra modifier slots from the Gold Block+Diamond/Diamond Block+Golden Apple? I had tried before but it wasn't, but I am not sure if that was me or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried a pickaxe? ;)

thanks, that worked for the saltpeter. after processing it in a furnace it didn't think of placing it down and mining it again.
seems horrible to automate though. and it wont work on the sulfur because you cant smelt that.
but i can always just go for sulfur seeds so that's not to much of a problem.

the easie

Lakinator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, having a weird issue with one of the quests, "To Hell and Back"(the one where you go to the nether). Overall problem: I can't complete the quest, preventing me from getting nether essence.

Here's what I can recap, as the problem showed up a few days ago and my brain is a bit foggy:
- Made a vat, unlocked "To Hell and Back".
- First part of the quest (obtain 10 obsidian) was marked as already complete, though to the best of my knowledge I have not gotten any obsidian before this point. Hard to remember as I started the map several months ago and took a break, but after looking around I had nothing that required obsidian and there wasn't any in any chests.
- Crafted a flint and steel, but quest book wasn't detecting it. To progress, I manually complete the quest using /hqm edit, which completed all three parts of the quest but would not let me accept rewards, and therefore I cannot officially complete the quest entirely.

And this is where I'm at. Haven't found any other similar posts, not sure how to fix it.

----

Side note, went to make experience seeds and saw that they require XP Bottles to craft, also noticed that the recipe using skeleton essence to craft XP bottles is gone. Not sure if this was an oversight, because the only other way to do it is to progress into bee breeding which can be... daunting.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, having a weird issue with one of the quests, "To Hell and Back"(the one where you go to the nether). Overall problem: I can't complete the quest, preventing me from getting nether essence.

Here's what I can recap, as the problem showed up a few days ago and my brain is a bit foggy:
- First part of the quest (obtain 10 obsidian) was marked as already complete, though to the best of my knowledge I have not gotten any obsidian before this point. Hard to remember as I started the map several months ago and took a break, but after looking around I had nothing that required obsidian and there wasn't any in any chests.
- Crafted a flint and steel, but quest book wasn't detecting it. To progress, I manually complete the quest using /hqm edit, which completed all three parts of the quest but would not let me accept rewards, and therefore I cannot officially complete the quest entirely.

And this is where I'm at. Haven't found any other similar posts, not sure how to fix it.

----

Side note, went to make experience seeds and saw that they require XP Bottles to craft, also noticed that the recipe using skeleton essence to craft XP bottles is gone. Not sure if this was an oversight, because the only other way to do it is to progress into bee breeding which can be... daunting.
Sound like your world made it through one of patches that adjusted quests. Try backing up the save. Then go into the original save and delete the "HardcoreQuesting" folder. That should purge the save data from the HQM mod, if I remember right. You will need to do all the quests again. They should work properly this time though.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
I have 10 red heart canister and 2 green but sometimes my life don't go up more than vanilla 10 heart. I noticed that after I fought the Wither and Gaia I.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here, no good solution but a temporary fix for me has been to unequip and reequip the heart canisters. The hearts usually start regenerating then.

BillyKal

Jul 29, 2019
Can buildcraft robots be used for harvesting my essence plants? Can someone provide me with a tutorial for this?

IRSmoh

Jul 29, 2019
there have been multiple reports in this tread about the wand of summoning not working on a server, but no solutions have been found yet, sorry..

Well, good news is millenaire is basically a fetish to me due to being an old good mod from days of yonder... anyway.

For those that are having trouble getting the wand of summoning to work on a server/multiplayer: go to /mods/millenaire and change "config.txt" to "config-server.txt" If you want to, you can keep a copy, but that fixed the issue of the wand being broken for us. Now if only the server version of the modpack will get updated.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019

----

I don't know what's up with HQM there, but the XP bottles should still work. My NEI was showing essence of the Cow for that, which isn't even obtainable in this pack. Any soul essence in a 3x3 grid should work though.

Last edited:

LongStrider

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with making the item for the quest Compartmentalization. You need to make a Compartment from Binnie Core. I have the four buttons, four chests and a book. If I place them in a crafting table (buttons in the corners, chests at the cardinal points and book in the middle) it doesn't work. If I used the NEI function to pull the items from my inventory/adjacent chest it will pull the buttons and chests in but doesn't acknowledge that it has an appropriate book.

At the moment all of my books have been awarded through quests, (the earlier one that gives 16 books, Bound in Print, and similar). I'm still a bit shy of cotton to make my own string and wayyyyy out from leather, to see if a hand made book would be acceptable. Any ideas what my problem might be?

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with making the item for the quest Compartmentalization. You need to make a Compartment from Binnie Core. I have the four buttons, four chests and a book. If I place them in a crafting table (buttons in the corners, chests at the cardinal points and book in the middle) it doesn't work. If I used the NEI function to pull the items from my inventory/adjacent chest it will pull the buttons and chests in but doesn't acknowledge that it has an appropriate book.

At the moment all of my books have been awarded through quests, (the earlier one that gives 16 books, Bound in Print, and similar). I'm still a bit shy of cotton to make my own string and wayyyyy out from leather, to see if a hand made book would be acceptable. Any ideas what my problem might be?
Stupid question, but are you using Wooden Buttons or Stone buttons? I made the mistake my first time in, so I just want to get the silly options out of the way.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
the "somthing's brewing" quest states that a spark can be attached to a botanical brewery to feed it mana, but i cant seem to get that working.
is it a mistake in the quest or am i doing something wrong?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
the "somthing's brewing" quest states that a spark can be attached to a botanical brewery to feed it mana, but i cant seem to get that working.
is it a mistake in the quest or am i doing something wrong?
Yeah i tried that as well when i was making brews for the gaia fight. I couldn't get it to work then i checked the lexica botania and it states that it needs to be fed with a manaspreader. If this is possible tough it would be nice

Edit:
Lexica botania entry
The Mana functions as the both the solvent and energy source and is given through Mana Bursts, simply pointing a Mana Spreader at the Brewery will work just fine.

Since its implying mana bursts specifically i guess that sparks won't work since those don't put out bursts

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out a way to semi-automate the Dandelifeon with the currently installed mods of this pack. I can place the blocks using that block-placing flower, but for that to be useful I need one of the following:

1) A way to move a set number of items from one inventory to another on receiving a redstone pulse
2) A way to send a set number of redstone pulses when it receives a redstone pulse
3) A way to count the number of redstone pulses that have been sent.

2 and 3 are probably asking for the same thing, since if I have 3, 2 is just having a timer run and then shutting itself off when the counter outputs, but I wanted to separate them in case someone had a clever setup for 2.

Anyways, if someone knows of a way to do these, help would be much appreciated.