[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
On the entire tree chopping theme the terasteel axe is generally longer reaching than a TC lumber axe, has built in leaf decay, can be turned off to be a regular axe with a stone of temperance and has mana gear durability. It is a little bit later game but significantly superior.

Nothing will clear out an acedental redwood quicker. Although 90% of a redwood turning to falling entities all at once might tax you comp a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
And the Natura Redwood said, "Look upon me, ye Steve, and despair, for I am the destroyer of framerates."

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth pack has been totally awesome to date. I have loved everything about it. The amount of work that has gone into it is amazing. However, I am doing my nut right now. Ive been given a quest to find nether rutile ore. Now, I dont mind looking for something that can be found. BUT..... Im color blind and Ive been wandering the nether, digging, fighting, (getting dizzy) looking at the highlight tool tips and I havnt found any. As far as I can see, its indistinguishable from Netherrack. Can anyone help me or tell me how to find it? Is there maybe a texture pack that wont screw up my regrowth game?
Have you tried Nightvision potion or vial of owlsight(Botania)? That has workt for me
And I found most Rutile ore near tainted soil

Last edited:

George213

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly can't say for sure what texture/resource pack would help you. But if you haven't done it yet, the ftb launcher does have several resource packs that work with regrowth. If you dont mind cheating you could just spawn a block in(in a new game if you want to be completely legit about your current game), and load up the different packs to see which one works best for you, then destroy it afterwards.

Or just make a new creative world and lay down the rutile blocks. I am using the JSTR texture pack, and rutile is I think the only block that doesnt have the new 32x32 textures. So you should be able to pick it up straight away, as it will be the only block that looks like the original netherrack. After you get some you can revert to original textures.

George213

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to increase the radius of the thaumic terraformer? At the moment I have to reposition it about every 15 minutes, and its becoming a bit tedious.

darkcaster16

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone answer me as to why botania petal recipes in the petal bird bath thing just stopped working and if there is a way to fix it? It work before because i made a few dayblooms and nightshades, but now it just doesn't work at all for any petal recipe.

Underworld3

Jul 29, 2019
I recently updated to windows 10, but when I try to load my world, it just gets stuck. Any help?

I havnt upgraded to windows 10, but Im having the same problem with regrowth 0.8.2. My games freezes on Loading World. Try going back to version 0.8.1 until the bugs are worked out.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I havnt upgraded to windows 10, but Im having the same problem with regrowth 0.8.2. My games freezes on Loading World. Try going back to version 0.8.1 until the bugs are worked out.

It will never load a world from 0.8.1 into 0.8.2, and possibly any subsequent version, unless you delete the HQM data. Load the 0.8.1 world, make note of all the quests you have finished, delete the HQM data and load it in 0.8.2. Then use /hqm edit (SSP will need cheats) to restore your finished quests.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I've found Rocky Hives as close as 6 blocks underground. Once you enough Stone to surround a hive, you'll find a hive.
The TC hammer and the terrashatter both ignore them so I found a bunch when making various basements. Otherwise they blend in a lot I noticed one in a wall of a ravine I walked past dozens of times before noticing.

Reactions: Ashendale

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've found Rocky Hives as close as 6 blocks underground. Once you enough Stone to surround a hive, you'll find a hive.

I've even found them just in the floor of surface caves. The fact that hives give off a small amount of light can be useful.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth pack has been totally awesome to date. I have loved everything about it. The amount of work that has gone into it is amazing. However, I am doing my nut right now. Ive been given a quest to find nether rutile ore. Now, I dont mind looking for something that can be found. BUT..... Im color blind and Ive been wandering the nether, digging, fighting, (getting dizzy) looking at the highlight tool tips and I havnt found any. As far as I can see, its indistinguishable from Netherrack. Can anyone help me or tell me how to find it? Is there maybe a texture pack that wont screw up my regrowth game?

Purple Mentat addressed exactly this problem in his playthrough, to get to the relevant part skip to 19:00. EDIT: upon further review, he actually gets a bit sidetracked in this episode, the part I remembered being next doesn't happen until the beginning of the next video, so skip to the next one for a discussion of colorblindness.

Last edited:

Ben Kinst

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
Since the update I miss four quests. Also, a reset of the questbook did not help me.

I2fyvHS.png

uOIcV8F.png

Can someone tell me how I can get the two quests back to me?

Many thanks in advance,
Ben

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The TC hammer and the terrashatter both ignore them so I found a bunch when making various basements. Otherwise they blend in a lot I noticed one in a wall of a ravine I walked past dozens of times before noticing.

Alright, thanks. But I'm still at the point where minerals are a myth, so no hammer for me...

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
o.o minerals are a myth? only should need tier 2 materials like aluminum or gold to make casts for iron or copper hammers otherwise crucible can be made after you have iron and if you do it right you can have it autocraft burnt bricks easy enough with a hopper connecting a chest below the vat and some lava being pumped into the vat from a couple of tanks. I would go with nether bricks though since its a 4:1 ratio with bricks and lava to normal bricks ratio of 2:1.

Note: Aluminum, gold, fire, and earth seeds both require fire and earth runes so making 1 set of each will get you 5 seeds in 1 go if you been keeping up with mana and essence supply.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
so any help ? how to unlock quest book ? edit quests ? i have done all available quests only 2 :) remove quest book files ?

Underworld3

Jul 29, 2019
Purple Mentat addressed exactly this problem in his playthrough, to get to the relevant part skip to 19:00. EDIT: upon further review, he actually gets a bit sidetracked in this episode, the part I remembered being next doesn't happen until the beginning of the next video, so skip to the next one for a discussion of colorblindness.

Thanks fimbrethil. Im actually working through his episodes anyway. But Ive only gotten to episode 14 so far. Guess I will just leave the quest alone for now (or maybe I will skip to ep 21). :)

Reactions: fimbrethil

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
Since the update I miss four quests. Also, a reset of the questbook did not help me.

I2fyvHS.png

uOIcV8F.png

Can someone tell me how I can get the two quests back to me?

Many thanks in advance,
Ben
Try holding bees, having a good reputation, holding a seared brick, and holding a diamond, a blaze rod, aluminium ingot, gold ingot, redstone, lapis, shards, and leather.

Reactions: Ben Kinst