[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

mattyboii

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the pack through the FTB launcher however the crafting bench recipe doesn't appear to be working. Flint hatchet and dead wood. help would be appreciated

Last edited:

naahzo

Jul 29, 2019
Delete your HQM player data then use the cheat/edit (command: /hqm edit) to recomplete the quests you'd done.

any hidden requirements that i need to know? i'm stuck at completing all the quests i had done before(in 0.8.1 I had unlocked the blood magic quests and had most of the railcraft/buildcraft completed but now I dont even see half of the botania quests,no mystical flower seed quests,no buildcraft/railcraft machine quests)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
any hidden requirements that i need to know? i'm stuck at completing all the quests i had done before(in 0.8.1 I had unlocked the blood magic quests and had most of the railcraft/buildcraft completed but now I dont even see half of the botania quests,no mystical flower seed quests,no buildcraft/railcraft machine quests)
Look in the FAQ, there's a list of the items you have to hold to unlock some stuff, and some of the crops have a hidden one for holding crop sticks.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
FEATURE REQUEST: I've been putting down dirt and spreading grass throughout my base to make it seem more lively, but since the whole world is a wasteland biome, the grass is all the light green/brown grass. I was thinking maybe a mod like Quadrum could add something like a "sod grass" block that uses the forest or plains texture of grass regardless of biome. For now I've been putting down green wool instead just to make it fake looking lush.

Just something to think about.

So you're putting down astroturf to make it look artificially lush... plus Blood Magic and Witchery both have ways to change biomes. I hear Witchery has the larger area, but I've never gotten a world far enough for that. I think there might be others, but I'm not 100% familiar with all the mods. But I know those two, for sure, have biome-changing methods.

George213

Jul 29, 2019
I had to edit the hqm quest line, as I had the same problem as poster few posts up ( thanks fort the edit commands). But now I seem to have way lower reputations than before.

EDIT: nwm, reading the FAQ, I have not reset all quests as the first step...

EDIT2: Well, I after redoing ALL of the quests I have previously completed twice, I still dont know what's wrong. My rep is less than half of what it was before and there a a lot of quests that I do not even see. Most of the factory stuff like steam engines and boilers, and rolling machine and so on. I have went and grabbed into my inventory all the metal ingot types, most of the machinery itself and anything else I could think of like tools and raw materials...
Im just going to play for a while and see if it enables itself as I move stuff around naturally...

Last edited:

naahzo

Jul 29, 2019
Look in the FAQ, there's a list of the items you have to hold to unlock some stuff, and some of the crops have a hidden one for holding crop sticks.

still missing half of the quests in Chapter 5,even after holding all of the items(last quest is coke oven/pipe quests are all done)

but all othere quests are recompleted...so thanks for the help so far :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a bug. The newer versions of EI have a much more limited pallete of wood types they will craft with, but you can use the Painter to use the texture of any block you like for the plank texture once you've actually made the chest. There's even a paintbrush to let you do this en masse more easily.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the tip :)

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
updated to 0.8.2, started the game and tried to get into my save(which works fine in 0.8.1) and its stuck at "Loading world".
Log: http://paste.ee/p/JWJm4
creating a new world works fine.

looking at the log I think that something borked up my HQM save, so I deleted the player.dat in the save/HardcoreQuesting folder and the map did load, but I lost all questing progress ofcourse.

edit: using the 0.8.1 config for HQM in 0.8.2 does work too

I have the same problem, any chance there could be a fix other than deleting HQM player data, I am only asking because now my game is running terribly. :(

mattyboii

Jul 29, 2019

I just downloaded the pack through the FTB launcher however the crafting bench recipe doesn't appear to be working. Flint hatchet and dead wood. help would be appreciated

George213

Jul 29, 2019

use the planks that fall directly from trees. Not the reconstituted wood. Also the hatchet needs to be brand new, if you have the green durability bar on it, it will not work.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a bug. The newer versions of EI have a much more limited pallete of wood types they will craft with, but you can use the Painter to use the texture of any block you like for the plank texture once you've actually made the chest. There's even a paintbrush to let you do this en masse more easily.
Hmm... Painter seems to be working fine, but it's still trying to take Greatwood Planks and make an Oak Plank paintjob. Oh well :\

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, the hidden quest for aluminum is looking for the ore, not the ingot. That's what I kept getting tripped up on this morning until I loaded it up in editor mode.

Edit: Also, the same is true for the gold ore.

George213

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, the hidden quest for aluminum is looking for the ore, not the ingot. That's what I kept getting tripped up on this morning until I loaded it up in editor mode.

Thanks, that worked for me

Likas

Jul 29, 2019

I just finished my cheating through book to unlock quests that i already finished and FAQ is really outdated/missleading in that regard. :(
For example you also need Osmium Ingots to open two quests in the "What the World Enables", and Iron Capped Wooden Wand for the half of the Thaumcraft quest-tree.

George213

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the option to employ raw industrial output to change the world :)

I really wish the Terraformer from industralcraft was in this pack. It was made for a scenario like this! Than we would have also the industrial option of terraforming...

Cherrii951

Jul 29, 2019
Have I just had the best luck ever since the 0.8.1 update, or have the Mandrake crops from Witchery been fixed so you don't have the plant spawn the monster when harvested? I haven't had a single one spawn since I restarted in 0.8.1, and I've had to harvest a fair few of them while going through the mutation quests. (My apologies if this has been covered before. I read through several pages of posts and saw nothing about it, so I've assumed it's a safe question to ask, but I could be wrong.)

Thanks in advance. :)