[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask a question, I've currently got 76 points in mechanist, 4 short of the next milestone. I've completed chapters 1,2,5, and 7, and nearly completed 3,6, 8, and 9. Chapters 14 and 15 are still locked for me. I currently have the materials to get started on the mekanism machines, but I don't want to get ahead of the quest book and end up having to build some of the machines again just for the credit. Is chapter 14 or 15 connected to mekanism? If so, can you think of any other chapters i should focus on to unlock it?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask a question, I've currently got 76 points in mechanist, 4 short of the next milestone. I've completed chapters 1,2,5, and 7, and nearly completed 3,6, 8, and 9. Chapters 14 and 15 are still locked for me. I currently have the materials to get started on the mekanism machines, but I don't want to get ahead of the quest book and end up having to build some of the machines again just for the credit. Is chapter 14 or 15 connected to mekanism? If so, can you think of any other chapters i should focus on to unlock it?
Mekanism quests aren't written at all yet, though the chapter is placed in preparation (How the World Advances IIRC).

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started this modpack and I'm quite enjoying it so far, but I'm stuck as far as a way to create useful slabs. Currently, I can't make either a Seed Analyzer or Mutandis due to the fact that I can't get wood slabs that work in crafting recipes. My plant mutations are working well, but I'm stuck on the way to Cactus because the poppy seed mutation requires garden soil, which in turn requires a compost bin... which needs wood slabs. Even taking the Botania shortcut for mutandis, I need slabs to make a bowl for mortar and pestle (and I'm not sure whether singed planks work either). I'm able to get singed planks and thus singed slabs by cooking the dead wood, but I can't find any way to turn "dead wood planks" into wood slabs that can be used in any recipe- am I just looking for the wrong thing?

A couple of posts above the 0.8.2 version's changelog says '- Fixed Borked slab recipes from 0.8.1'.

So fixed when you can download the latest version.

aref_naa

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed that one myself, thought I'd deleted my post quick enough since I answered my own question- but thanks for the reply anyway. ^^

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if the slab fix will also fix the bug I just noticed, which causes Enhanced Inventories crafted with greatwood to become oak chests... (on crafting)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting phenomena for the collective mind to chew upon. I had made several Large Flower Pots, partly for the quest, and partly because the quest said: "you don't want to put your dirt straight on the ground, use the flower pots, it looks better." Because of the contours around my base, I had a small plot that they were just perfect for. My intent was to grow the 4 types elemental seeds there so I filled them with garden soil and tilled away. I tried to put crop sticks in and the pots would not accept them. "Hmm," thinks the slow, stubborn (dumb) Dragon, "what happens if I just plant the seeds?" Put in all 4 10-10-10 air seeds, they sat there for a bit, absorbing magical characters from the the air, and then the seeds popped out of the ground. They now have a meta-data of :3, no longer show as 10-10-10, cannot be placed in the seed analyzer, and cannot be planted on regular crop sticks.

Any thoughts on how to salvage/avoid future repetitions are welcome. Meanwhile, my pots are coming out and going to gather dust in the deepest storeroom (think: resting place of the Ark of the Covenant at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie) and the Agricultural Research boys are breeding another set of 10-10-10 air seeds. The Dragon is pointedly NOT noticing the dark grumblings coming from said Research Station!

YH&OS

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if the slab fix will also fix the bug I just noticed, which causes Enhanced Inventories crafted with greatwood to become oak chests... (on crafting)
Not really a bug. The newer versions of EI have a much more limited pallete of wood types they will craft with, but you can use the Painter to use the texture of any block you like for the plank texture once you've actually made the chest. There's even a paintbrush to let you do this en masse more easily.

Veriity

Jul 29, 2019
I just have to ask, as someone playing through this mod-pack with a bunch of other players on a server; do we have to update the map again? Updating the quest lines and updating mod packs seems great.. but.. UGH. Doing these all again seems painful.

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that some of the quests have been uncompleted as a result of 0.8.2, and a couple in particular can't be reset and redone by the Op Quest book, namely "Lets Try Punching Things" and "Barrelling Forward". There's also two quests linked to "Lets Try Punching Things" which are locked because the first quest doesn't seem to count as completed, which I can't then complete because I can't reset the first one

Korassu

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to 0.8.2 and my entire quest book got reset. I did make a back up, can you tell me which files to put where to restore my progress?

edit: I tried transfer the player.dat file(for the HQM) from my back up, and put it into the HQM folder. But after starting up the game the player.dat and player.dat-backup reverts back to before i replaced it with the backup file.

Last edited:

James_was_here

Jul 29, 2019
I just have to ask, as someone playing through this mod-pack with a bunch of other players on a server; do we have to update the map again? Updating the quest lines and updating mod packs seems great.. but.. UGH. Doing these all again seems painful.

Why would you ever need to update the map for this pack? Nothing is acquired from worldgen except a few things in the ocean and I doubt that has changed.

James_was_here

Jul 29, 2019
FEATURE REQUEST: I've been putting down dirt and spreading grass throughout my base to make it seem more lively, but since the whole world is a wasteland biome, the grass is all the light green/brown grass. I was thinking maybe a mod like Quadrum could add something like a "sod grass" block that uses the forest or plains texture of grass regardless of biome. For now I've been putting down green wool instead just to make it fake looking lush.

Just something to think about.

Reactions: Veriity

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
FEATURE REQUEST: I've been putting down dirt and spreading grass throughout my base to make it seem more lively, but since the whole world is a wasteland biome, the grass is all the light green/brown grass. I was thinking maybe a mod like Quadrum could add something like a "sod grass" block that uses the forest or plains texture of grass regardless of biome. For now I've been putting down green wool instead just to make it fake looking lush.

Just something to think about.
The point is to use mods to change the biome. Like silverwood trees with a pure node (magical forest), witchery biome brews or thaumcraft's terraformer.

naahzo

Jul 29, 2019
updated to 0.8.2, started the game and tried to get into my save(which works fine in 0.8.1) and its stuck at "Loading world".
Log: http://paste.ee/p/JWJm4
creating a new world works fine.

looking at the log I think that something borked up my HQM save, so I deleted the player.dat in the save/HardcoreQuesting folder and the map did load, but I lost all questing progress ofcourse.

edit: using the 0.8.1 config for HQM in 0.8.2 does work too

Last edited:
Reactions: Draconicrose

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
updated to 0.8.2, started the game and tried to get into my save(which works fine in 0.8.1) and its stuck at "Loading world".
Log: http://paste.ee/p/JWJm4
creating a new world works fine.

looking at the log I think that something borked up my HQM save, so I deleted the player.dat in the save/HardcoreQuesting folder and the map did load, but I lost all questing progress ofcourse.

edit: using the 0.8.1 config for HQM in 0.8.2 does work too
Yea, except if you use the old hqm 'config', that means you don't have the fixes to half a dozen quests... -.-