[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ven

Jul 29, 2019
When I upgraded my world from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1, clients who connect to the server freeze after few seconds in game.
After investigation, the issue come from the new mod AquaTweaks who seem to do an infinite loop.
I removed the mod, and I have no more the issue.

Update:
I also have the recipes issues with NEI .
But I don't think the issue come from the save.
When I launched a client and connected to a server 0.8.1, I got the bad recipes in NEI.
But if just before connecting the server, I go to a local game (new one or existing one), quit and join the server without closing Minecraft between, I got the good recipes in NEI.

Last edited:

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue completing the Smells Like Power quest. I've crafted two Incense Sticks and even imbued one with a potion effect but the questlog hasn't registered that a stick has been crafted.
Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Zakalwe67

Kenidy

Jul 29, 2019
I've just check the recipe for the Crimson rites book and I realized something every sketchy about it. All that crimson armors are so tricky to get. Any easier way?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've just check the recipe for the Crimson rites book and I realized something every sketchy about it. All that crimson armors are so tricky to get. Any easier way?
Did you look in NEI to see if the armours had recipes? Cos they do (in fact they did in 0.8.0 too).

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well for the NEI bug, my server folks came up with a solution, if the NEI is showing old recipes, log out, log into SSP briefly then back into SMP, recipes fixed. I just tested that for pistons.

Reactions: Rivalyn

Mind

Jul 29, 2019
Well for the NEI bug, my server folks came up with a solution, if the NEI is showing old recipes, log out, log into SSP briefly then back into SMP, recipes fixed. I just tested that for pistons.
I can confirm, works for me as well.

When I upgraded my world from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1, clients who connect to the server freeze after few seconds in game.
After investigation, the issue come from the new mod AquaTweaks who seem to do an infinite loop.
I removed the mod, and I have no more the issue.

I can not confirm this yet. As of now it is working, 2 hours in. If I get crashes I will let you guys know.

mimnim2

Jul 29, 2019
Upgraded my server to 0.8.1 from 0.8.0 and everyone got less than 1 fps the culprit was AquaTweaks removing it fixed the problem. Maybe it has something to do with sprinklers? Just a very wild guess.

felis_blue

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have problems with the End quest in the Botania questline? It tells me to visit 0,0,0 in the overworld which seems kind of illogical and also not really possible because bedrock. I would have expected some coordinates in the End to proove that you have been there oder something or am I missing something here?

SpawnMoarOverlords

Jul 29, 2019
So yea, you have a few quests that are borked that I've noted so far.

#1: In chapter 1, the quest that asks for "any sapling" is literally asking for an item called "Any Sapling" which isn't implemented. So that doesn't work.

#2. In chapter 3, the quest called "Smells Like Power" isn't asking for an un-infused incense stick like the quest book suggests. Rather, it's asking for one that is infused, but it's set as a crafting quest not a detection quest. Since the way the botanical brewery works is that it just dumps the item off on the floor (sloppy work, Vazki! Yeesh), this quest isn't updated after infusing.

#3. In chapter 3, Archer's Momento (shouldn't it be spelled Memento?) has the same problem as cited above in #2. There may be more like this.

I've also noted that the recipes you said you fixed in NEI weren't actually fixed and the undead dogs and cats aren't slower; if anything they're faster.

We're also experiencing a lot of issues where recipes are goofy until a player logs in to single player and then back again into multiplayer.

I love the modpack, so I don't mean to come across as ungrateful. Quite the contrary: thank you for your hard work! : )

EDIT: Also, I've noted that the recipe for oak wood slabs is goofed. 3 oak planks say they yield 6 oak wood slabs, but when you click on the product to pull it out of your crafting table, it gives you just 1 oak wood slab and eats all 3 of your planks. Not sure if this is an intentional thing to "make it harder" or not, but the recipe should at least be update to say 1 instead of 6 if that's the case.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
EDIT: Also, I've noted that the recipe for oak wood slabs is goofed. 3 oak planks say they yield 6 oak wood slabs, but when you click on the product to pull it out of your crafting table, it gives you just 1 oak wood slab and eats all 3 of your planks. Not sure if this is an intentional thing to "make it harder" or not, but the recipe should at least be update to say 1 instead of 6 if that's the case.

This sounds like it might be a typo that crept in when the greatwood slab recipe issue was fixed?

CraftyCuban

Jul 29, 2019

This. It doesn't work with Deadwood Planks anymore, which is fine by me. But with the normal wood it doesn't seem intentional. Anything I can do to fix it real quick? It's really bugging me, since I started a new game.

Thanks in advance :)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019

#1: In chapter 1, the quest that asks for "any sapling" is literally asking for an item called "Any Sapling" which isn't implemented. So that doesn't work.

#2. In chapter 3, the quest called "Smells Like Power" isn't asking for an un-infused incense stick like the quest book suggests. Rather, it's asking for one that is infused, but it's set as a crafting quest not a detection quest. Since the way the botanical brewery works is that it just dumps the item off on the floor (sloppy work, Vazki! Yeesh), this quest isn't updated after infusing.

#3. In chapter 3, Archer's Momento (shouldn't it be spelled Memento?) has the same problem as cited above in #2. There may be more like this.

I've also noted that the recipes you said you fixed in NEI weren't actually fixed and the undead dogs and cats aren't slower; if anything they're faster.

We're also experiencing a lot of issues where recipes are goofy until a player logs in to single player and then back again into multiplayer.

I love the modpack, so I don't mean to come across as ungrateful. Quite the contrary: thank you for your hard work! : )

#1: "Any Sapling" is implemented, is intentional, does work, and is noted in the changelog. Perhaps you didn't notice the requirement for 4 saplings? Also note the first line of the quest. "Detects ANY sapling".

#2: Agree, this seems to be bugged at the moment

#3: Didn't test, I'll take your word for it ;)

Ditto on the NEI recipe wonkiness.

Noticed the Oak planks -> slabs issue the other night in the dream world, and forgot to check if that was an issue with any other planks. It doesn't seem to be an issue with any other woods. However, the oak slabs issue seems to set the amount of slabs to 1 regardless of how many simultaneous operations are being performed.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed on 2 separate occasions that dropping items in the mana pool ate my items. It might have been just my ender pearls->mana pearls. Anyone seeing anything similar?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed on 2 separate occasions that dropping items in the mana pool ate my items. It might have been just my ender pearls->mana pearls. Anyone seeing anything similar?
I haven't seen anything like that on my end.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
What are the growing conditions for Nether Wart now? Before when I was growing it, it seemed to be 'grow on crops on soul sand, with some kind of block between it and the sky', but I'm moving my netherwart plot to a new space, and even with it being underground, WAILA says 'this plant cannot grow here'.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be a light level thing. I cut the natural light and that seemed to do it.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well I really borked up the slab recipe fix. Not only did I manage to make greatwood, hawthorn, alder, rowan and oak slab recipes only give one slab, but instead of adding a dead wood to oak slab recipe I made 3 oak wood in the slab formation also give a piece of dead wood. -.-

Mind

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed now after some playing in 8.1 that there is high probability of server crash (instant server death, core dump and no error messages from minecraft or mods, just that Java dies) when a player exits from the server. Like 30% chance or so. While playing it seems stable though. So far...

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
If you right-click on the mana pool with an ender pearl it tries to teleport you and consumes the ender pearl. Being a rather stubborn (and dumb) dragon, I lost several pearls before I tumbled to the fact that you must literally drop the pearl with Q or use Purple Mentat's hopper/open crate set-up. It's been that way since at least 6.5.

YH&OS

Reactions: An0nymuS

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Well I really borked up the slab recipe fix. Not only did I manage to make greatwood, hawthorn, alder, rowan and oak slab recipes only give one slab, but instead of adding a dead wood to oak slab recipe I made 3 oak wood in the slab formation also give a piece of dead wood. -.-
Ouch. Don't beat yourself up too badly, TPL. That's why we are out here on the Bleeding Edge with an alpha pack, so we can find stuff like that. It wouldn't be any fun without Murphy getting his 2 coppers worth in!

YH&OS