[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
is there actually any later use for petals? I started to make a botania petal farm... then couldn't find any use for them

they're a great source of any kind of dye you may want. beyond that, probably not, but you can always check in nei to be sure.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
O_O is it just me or are some of those skeleton/zombie cats and dogs insanely fast??? Is there any way to disable them or make them a lil slower in a config or something?

mostly because they also are spawning in the nether... which feels a lil unfair when they run over to you like a speeding bullet and kick your ass into a lake of lava X3

edit: plus It really annoys me that they don't have a names...

Last edited:

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
O_O is it just me or are some of those skeleton/zombie cats and dogs insanely fast??? Is there any way to disable them or make them a lil slower in a config or something?

mostly because they also are spawning in the nether... which feels a lil unfair when they run over to you like a speeding bullet and kick your ass into a lake of lava X3
It's not just you. They are slated to be slowed to baby zombieish speed in the next update, if I'm not mistaken.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
It's not just you. They are slated to be slowed to baby zombieish speed in the next update, if I'm not mistaken.
thank goodness. I think it's mostly the cat zombies that are the real problem... although a skeledog spawned behind me while I was nether mining and gave me a considerable amount of trouble as well X3

guess I'll keep all my tunnels lit up in the nether until they're slowed... maybe it will help

Reactions: SolManX

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have to travel at all, it was watchful that was away there. I'm probably going to push 0.8.1 either this evening or tomorrow.

so if nothing happens we can expect 8.1 to come out Friday or sometime this weekend? Cool my problem is regrowth got to be boring playing it to long so maybe these new update will respark my hope with it. Hope to see what surprises you can spring on me next.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
thank goodness. I think it's mostly the cat zombies that are the real problem... although a skeledog spawned behind me while I was nether mining and gave me a considerable amount of trouble as well X3

guess I'll keep all my tunnels lit up in the nether until they're slowed... maybe it will help

I was thinking of slabbing the nether around my portal - at least it gives a chance to get through okay!

Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I was thinking of slabbing the nether around my portal - at least it gives a chance to get through okay!

That or a glass floor was going to be my next project before I took an unexpected break from the Internet (and thus, any modpacks at all). My portal room was all over pigmen.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I have to redo my water artichokes to be properly on a water pad. I know it needs a water sourceblock nearby, does it need to be adjacent, under, nearby, or what?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I have to redo my water artichokes to be properly on a water pad. I know it needs a water sourceblock nearby, does it need to be adjacent, under, nearby, or what?
Im not sure, but I think it is just like your normal farmland needs the water, to be hydrated

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

I think, as far as a water source block is concerned, just treat the water pads the same as farmland (ie pads can be upto four blocks away from the source).

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there are basically dirt slimes... From ender zoo... When I mine dirt.... In a cave...
Is this an apposed to be here because it was added? Part of the secret feature? Or is it a going to be removed feature.
BTW it was at night. It was a Khendral Knight or something. I was mining the dirt with my mattock.

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, there are basically dirt slimes... From ender zoo... When I mine dirt.... In a cave...
Is this an apposed to be here because it was added? Part of the secret feature? Or is it a going to be removed feature.
BTW it was at night. It was a Khendral Knight or something. I was mining the dirt with my mattock.

use a shovel to pick up dirt, or they'll spawn, mattock doesn't count, if you kill them, sometimes they spawn larger ones, they're Khendrel Keghts, (dire slime in the references)

Edited for clarity.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it was done this way as a balance thing on purpose, or if it was just an oversight. I just completed the quest "Wicked Shrubbery" in Chapter 10, where you have to get shears and mutate the witchery plants (glintweed, ember moss, and spanish moss). The quest reward is a snowbell seed. This is a little odd, since to even get to this quest you have to AT LEAST be growing iron essence, which is naturally in the magical seeds. You have to have crossbred snowbells well before this point, and by the time I did this quest I had 10/10/10 snowbell seeds, so I just popped the quest reward seed into the compost heap. It would have been a lot more useful to get one of the witchery saplings, given the fickleness of the RNG and mutandis.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, it just struck me as odd.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it was done this way as a balance thing on purpose, or if it was just an oversight. I just completed the quest "Wicked Shrubbery" in Chapter 10, where you have to get shears and mutate the witchery plants (glintweed, ember moss, and spanish moss). The quest reward is a snowbell seed. This is a little odd, since to even get to this quest you have to AT LEAST be growing iron essence, which is naturally in the magical seeds. You have to have crossbred snowbells well before this point, and by the time I did this quest I had 10/10/10 snowbell seeds, so I just popped the quest reward seed into the compost heap. It would have been a lot more useful to get one of the witchery saplings, given the fickleness of the RNG and mutandis.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, it just struck me as odd.

I managed to get up to redstone seeds without even begging to crossbreed for Snowbell. I think the first essence seeds that actually require snow (from snowbells) are the Diamond and Emerald seeds by way of Runes of Winter. So, had I gone a little farther into witchery instead of concentrating almost solely on my essence seeds, I definitely would have found that useful.

Basically, not everyone is going to crossbreed everything they can ASAP, though I agree that Mutandis RNG can be frustrating.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to get up to redstone seeds without even begging to crossbreed for Snowbell. I think the first essence seeds that actually require snow (from snowbells) are the Diamond and Emerald seeds by way of Runes of Winter. So, had I gone a little farther into witchery instead of concentrating almost solely on my essence seeds, I definitely would have found that useful.

Basically, not everyone is going to crossbreed everything they can ASAP, though I agree that Mutandis RNG can be frustrating.

Ah, ok. I thought that you had to crossbreed through snowbell to get to iron, but it looks like I'm wrong.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
use a shovel to pick up dirt, or they'll spawn, mattock doesn't count, if you kill them, sometimes they spawn larger ones, they're Khendrel Keghts, (dire slime in the references)

Edited for clarity.
omg I didn't know that.... you just saved me a bunch of lost dirt from now on... cuz I've been using my mattock

the main thing that bugs me about those slimes is that they drop pretty much nothing and you don't get dirt haha...

glassing the nether sounds fun. I might do that once I get a tinkers shovel with auto smelt....

edit:

I'm sure this is a bug. When I was in the nether... I was able to mine nether quartz which is iron mining level easily with my flint pick. I can't mine other metals (I tested on tin which is mining level iron as well) WAILA says that I can't mine it...

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

I found out recently that you can get snow using a pure daisy!

Reactions: Kmad