[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
A couple of the larger trees can keep you well-supplied with charcoal (with the side benefit of plenty of saplings for wood-ash -> Mutandis).

Stizze

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be nice if you were able to get the passive flowers within certain Biomes like the the one we start it in, to wither and THEN it won't wither when people have played enough and planted them in a biomes that they have been able to made by them self threw Witchery for an exmaple, by regrowing the world and spread a biome of their choise, as an reward for that, which also will lead people to biome recovory of lanscape architecture and regrowth, since i think cracked sand and destroyed lanscape counts as one biome by itself.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
My initial reaction was that it's probably for the best, but thinking about it more, I've got at least two hopperhocks and one of those thingies that stops my cows wandering off, all with their own small passive mana sources. I guess I may have to look into some railcraft to deliver charcoal to them and have endoflames there instead, considering that railcraft is another mod I rarely use, but I've gotta say I'm tempted to replace them with golems and fences, respectively. Seems a much lower-maintenance solution.
I have a hopper hawk that has been running for real life days off one mana pool I filled from my ring.

force relays and a warp lense can make a spreaders range nearly infinite and goes thru walls.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Booker The Geek

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh... That comment probably just delayed the update another 2 weeks... :-(

I stopped playing this pack when .8 was mentioned. Manly because I was so many hours in I wouldn't want to do it all over again when it was released. However I don't know if I will come back or not. Don't get me wrong its the first pack I completed ever, and it was great, but it was also very mind numbing being a minecraft farmville.lol I still follow every post/page of this forum, but there are some changes I don't think I can get behind.. Just little things like passive wither for botania, as well as others we have all talked about since the birth of the pack.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped playing this pack when .8 was mentioned. Manly because I was so many hours in I wouldn't want to do it all over again when it was released. However I don't know if I will come back or not. Don't get me wrong its the first pack I completed ever, and it was great, but it was also very mind numbing being a minecraft farmville.lol I still follow every post/page of this forum, but there are some changes I don't think I can get behind.. Just little things like passive wither for botania, as well as others we have all talked about since the birth of the pack.
Pasive wither in botania is Vaz not tpl and is something you can change pretty easy if you want.
I think I'm going to play happy bees or whatever it is until .8 so I can learn how bees work via hqm and doing rather than YouTube

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Pasive wither in botania is Vaz not tpl and is something you can change pretty easy if you want.
I think I'm going to play happy bees or whatever it is until .8 so I can learn how bees work via hqm and doing rather than YouTube

I read that it was Vaz that changed it from none passive standard to standard in the config, but didn't realize that she was an actual influence to this modpack I guess that's cool. I also know that it's not hard to change a config option, just thought it was strange that if tpl wanted it that way it would have been so at the beginning the reason the option was there. I guess if she told him to keep it on it makes sense..

Is happy bees a new pack? I haven't done bees in a long time I will have to take a look at it.

Ravenascendant

Jul 29, 2019
I read that it was Vaz that changed it from none passive standard to standard in the config, but didn't realize that she was an actual influence to this modpack I guess that's cool. I also know that it's not hard to change a config option, just thought it was strange that if tpl wanted it that way it would have been so at the beginning the reason the option was there. I guess if she told him to keep it on it makes sense..

Is happy bees a new pack? I haven't done bees in a long time I will have to take a look at it.
Vaz stated something to the effect that the withering was default on and asked mod pack devs to update their configs to match in her change log. Obviously tpl does not see a reason not to comply.

It seems pretty obvious to me from the way botania is setup and changes Vaz has made over the years that the pasive flowers were never mentioned to be used past early game. I cringe every time I see a massive hydroangea stack in someone's base. Particularly in this pack where automatic tnt is so easy.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Found a small error when I went on my crossbreeding spree. The quest reward from "Strawberry Seeds" in The Life of the World gives 4 strawberries from ExtraBiomesXL, instead of from magical crops. This has prevented me from making four magical food, which kind of sucks because I'm too lazy to make plots for them. Just wanted to let you know, and thanks so much for Regrowth!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Vaz stated something to the effect that the withering was default on and asked mod pack devs to update their configs to match in her change log. Obviously tpl does not see a reason not to comply.

It seems pretty obvious to me from the way botania is setup and changes Vaz has made over the years that the pasive flowers were never mentioned to be used past early game. I cringe every time I see a massive hydroangea stack in someone's base. Particularly in this pack where automatic tnt is so easy.

Haha, I read where she asked to update configs because of the changes that were made as well as a time before she asked the same thing for new config option she added. I don't see why it matters if someone wants to set up mana gen the way they want, need, or have time for. I might be reading it wrong but I see nothing in what was said she asked/demanded to leave wither on, other wise there would be no option to disable in the first place. I don't know, sorry for the confusion, happy gaming:)

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Honestly it is a decision by tpl to comply with the mod author on how the mod is supposed to be played. Let's look at it all around. Graneed my perspective is tilted towards server.

• Passive live forever:
    • Easy to set up
    • no maintenance
    • Larger setups
    • more lag
  • Passive die off.
    • Effort to automate
    • can be maintenance free
    • smaller setups
    • LESS LAG
    • Can be disabled
    • Mod authors intention of how it is going to be played
Honestly I don't use passive except to get to the higher tiers. None of the functional flora actually require mana (Just thinks it makes the rang bigger, or run faster).

Added to this that you can disable this, and if you are on a server, you can request that they live forever, and the server can turn if it off if they choose.

Really nothing to bitch about, if your on your own SP world and don't like it, change the config. Or don't. The beauty of minecraft is we have configs, change it if you want.

Reactions: RehabOholic

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Honestly I don't use passive except to get to the higher tiers. None of the functional flora actually require mana (Just thinks it makes the rang bigger, or run faster).
Actually... the VAST majority of the functonal flora need mana. The only one I regularly use that doesn't need mana at all is the hopperhock. That can take mana to improve it's range.
Really nothing to bitch about, if your on your own SP world and don't like it, change the config. Or don't. The beauty of minecraft is we have configs, change it if you want.
Indeed, if you in SP there nothing stopping you having everlasting Daybloom, Nightshade or Hydrogenea power. My main use for the Dayblooms and Nightshades (aside from early game) were to power redstone mana spreaders that didn't need huge amounts of mana. For Instance in my orechid ore farm, I feed the redstone mana spreader (Bore/Warp Lens) with 3 Dayblooms and 3 Nightshades, I probibly only need 2 of them. I'm going to have to find another way of doing it in .8, likely a single endoflame.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hey! Found a small error when I went on my crossbreeding spree. The quest reward from "Strawberry Seeds" in The Life of the World gives 4 strawberries from ExtraBiomesXL, instead of from magical crops. This has prevented me from making four magical food, which kind of sucks because I'm too lazy to make plots for them. Just wanted to let you know, and thanks so much for Regrowth!

Not sure why - making plots is hella easy and then it's magical food for days.

Also, the quest reward thing is a known issue and is being/has been addressed in the upcoming update. There's a link to the current changelog under a spoiler in the first post.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Can you send me a link to the pack your talking about? I can't seem to find it and would like to learn as well since its been a long time since I have messed with them.

rmeis

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I wanted to connect to Regrowth but i can't... When i try to log in it said : "Time out" all time ... I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me please
Sorry for my english ^^

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I wanted to connect to Regrowth but i can't... When i try to log in it said : "Time out" all time ... I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me please
Sorry for my english ^^
I take it this is a server you're trying to access?