[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
what is messed up about mekanism for you? I cant comment about recipe changes, as Ive never seen it before this pack, but I've been thru pretty much all of mek in regrowth and I didnt see any problems, unless you count there not being any quests for any of it. Sure, it requires a metric ton of buildcraft circuits, and a fair bit of botania lenses for the upgrades, but I'm fine with a bit of crafting. It's meant to be endgame, hence the tweaks.
Making Mekanism endgame partly obviates a good number of its tools, including many of the best-known pieces. That's probably a necessary compromise, in the same way that gating Thaumcraft behind Botania and Witchery was probably necessary to get avoid the more subtle mods being completely overwhelmed, but it is still a compromise.

To a lesser extent, making steel in Railcraft is just irritatingly time- and fuel-consuming, and while the Witching Gadgets Infernal Blast furnace is less of a pain it still has some unpredictable attributes that can be frustrating.
I updated NEI and it stopped the crashes completely
It's better, but will still crash occasionally when searching for "used for" even in the newer version.
Is this pack still being developed? If so is there an ETA on when it will see an update?
Developer has school stuff going on now, aiming for sometime in ""the next few weeks"

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
My textures are not loading, even the ones that are not from Quadrum, what should I do?
And sometimes Creepers explodes out of nowhere, how can I fix that?

OBS: Some blocks do, but not a single iten. Also, some blocks, like Cracked Sand and wood, are loading too. There's one strange case that should be mentioned: Skulls and Heads, as an iten, aren't loading, but when I put them as a helmet, their 3D model on Steve are.
OBS²: When I turn off the Mipmap option (still having no idea of what it does), all textures are gone.
OBS³: Once I played with all textures, without any lag, but I don't know how it did it.
PS: Sorry for the bad English.
PS²: My PC isn't good and runs Windows XP and 32bits system.
PS³: Sorry if someone already commented this error, it have 555 pages :p
PS4: Really great pack, keep with the good work :D

Wait, you got it working with a 32bit version? How? XD
For serious, as far as I know packs run much better with 64bit, so if you have the time, access to a 64bit version, and space to backup everything it might be worth your time to just upgrade, though I will note this may not be the solution to your issue.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
There is a link in my signature to all the servers we host. The regrowth server ip is "regrowth.mym.li" or "regrowth.mym.net" Forget exactly what it is and I'm on the phone atm.
should be .net, I'm playing on it, but I didn't know you could change out mineyourmind for mym in the ip, thanks for sharing that info :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
kinda out of context: TPL, did you see the post I made on the botania thread about the runic altar crafting handler?
I did, and it's very much up to Vazkii as to whether to implement that or not. Honestly it doesn't really bother me either way.

One change I just made should make a lot of people quite happy. Remember how overly wood heavy it was to make the JABBA structural upgrades? Well now its kinda the opposite, using wood lattices from Garden Stuff (in case you hadn't realized how much I like this mod yet) instead of the wooden construction blocks.

Last edited:

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Will another way to get Overgrowth Seeds be added? Regrowth runs on version 174 of botania currently, 176 removed overgrowth seeds from the list of possible drops from the loonium.
Or will you just readd it somehow?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Will another way to get Overgrowth Seeds be added? Regrowth runs on version 174 of botania currently, 176 removed overgrowth seeds from the list of possible drops from the loonium.
Or will you just readd it somehow?
They're available from the Gaia Gaurdian - definitely from the second one, I'm not 100% if they're available from the first one.

Reactions: Yarma92

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Gentle beings;

Once again I come before the collective wisdom of all who sojourn here with a small question. Have any of the great and powerful wizards managed to discover a means of transferring an enchantment from one object to another (that is not the same kind of object)? I have captured a helm from a crazed undead that has the enchantment "Blast Protection" upon it. I would very much like to transcribe that enchantment into a book so that I can then use Botania to place it on all of my armor (creepers are SO annoying), but all of my researches to this point have come to naught.

Thank you for your kind attention.
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Yobur

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is a method for getting enchantments from items to books in regrowth, actually.
However, you can try to get just Blast Protection I on a book (best chances around level 6 or 7 in the enchantment table), copy that with Bibliocraft and craft the copies together to get to the next level. Repeat process until you are at the desired level of blast protection (maximum IV).

This is going to cost a lot of levels, but is your best bet.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is a method for getting enchantments from items to books in regrowth, actually.
However, you can try to get just Blast Protection I on a book (best chances around level 6 or 7 in the enchantment table), copy that with Bibliocraft and craft the copies together to get to the next level. Repeat process until you are at the desired level of blast protection (maximum IV).

This is going to cost a lot of levels, but is your best bet.

Rowrrbazzle! I was afraid of that, but one could always hope. I guess all those enchanted weapons and armor I've been collecting are bound for the trash bin! sigh!

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Once you've unlocked Shards, it's pretty easy to use the Thaumaturgy Infusion Enchanting to get a specific enchantment on any compatible gear, though I'd recommend enchanting a book and then using the Bibliocraft Press to duplicate it if at all possible.

kovoth

Jul 29, 2019
hi i dont know how often you check this but theres a bug it the pack where botania wont let you craft dye seed on the alter

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
hi i dont know how often you check this but theres a bug it the pack where botania wont let you craft dye seed on the alter

Are you unable to initiate the ritual, or unable to finish it? The most common reason for the ritual to fail to initiate is not having all 8 dye colors. The most common reason for the ritual to fail after the 'lightning' starts is not throwing a Livingrock onto the altar before whacking it with the wand.