[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering something about the running changlog for Regrowth. I noticed that Mekanism isn't mentioned. Does that mean that it will not be getting an update for this pack? If not, is there something that is keeping it from getting the latest? I was just wondering cause it has added/fixed etc so much from the current version of the pack it would be a shame to leave it as is.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering something about the running changlog for Regrowth. I noticed that Mekanism isn't mentioned. Does that mean that it will not be getting an update for this pack? If not, is there something that is keeping it from getting the latest? I was just wondering cause it has added/fixed etc so much from the current version of the pack it would be a shame to leave it as is.
It will be updated if/when I get a custom mod to actually let me apply my metallurgic infuser tweaks with mek 8.
Also, bear in mind, existing worlds don't transition well from mek 7 to 8. Tends to cause corruption.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It will be updated if/when I get a custom mod to actually let me apply my metallurgic infuser tweaks with mek 8.

Oh that's right I think Landstryder said the same thing about his pack. When Mekanism updated it broke the custom scripts for it. Sorry, I stopped playing Regrowth right before getting to mek stuff, and didn't know if your had tweaked it. Thanks for the fast reply.

FYI, I only stopped playing because of the massive changes that are coming, but still have followed and read every post on here to keep up and stay informed.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
FYI, I only stopped playing because of the massive changes that are coming, but still have followed and read every post on here to keep up and stay informed.

I haven't stopped playing, but I admit that 90% of the bee stuff has been for the 'time-killing' aspect.

Quick question - has anyone managed to get sugar cane from Mutandis Extremis? I'm fairly sure I'm on the right track with it (and yes, I've tried using the crops version), but there's a difference between chucking stacks of it around when you know it's just the RNG gods and chucking it around when you've got no idea.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't stopped playing, but I admit that 90% of the bee stuff has been for the 'time-killing' aspect.

Quick question - has anyone managed to get sugar cane from Mutandis Extremis? I'm fairly sure I'm on the right track with it (and yes, I've tried using the crops version), but there's a difference between chucking stacks of it around when you know it's just the RNG gods and chucking it around when you've got no idea.

I got can from it once after 2 stacks of ME so I know you can, and I am also very unlucky when it comes to that stuff.lol

I stopped playing because I knew I would end up starting over for the new update. As great as the pack is I knew if I kept playing I would have not wanted to start anew even after the update. It just takes me so long to advance in any game and that discourages me and I quit.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I got can from it once after 2 stacks of ME so I know you can, and I am also very unlucky when it comes to that stuff.lol

I stopped playing because I knew I would end up starting over for the new update. As great as the pack is I knew if I kept playing I would have not wanted to start anew even after the update. It just takes me so long to advance in any game and that discourages me and I quit.

My luck varies - I got Prussian Bees in a very few rounds of breeding (5% chance) but Saffron Bees (also a 5% chance) still elude me. So I will make 3 more stacks of ME before wandering off to some other task. (Note for other people: I did get Melon stems and Netherwart with the ME. One of the Melon stems actually showed up as 'Mature'.)

Peluconus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I started playing Regrowth recently and i think that I have found something... weird. I haven't seen this in the main post, with all the known bugs and that stuff, so I thought it could be helpful if I posted it here. Sorry if this has already been discussed ^^

I'm trying to organize my ingots by storaging them in Compacting Drawers. They are supposed to store any ingot, and you can draw them from the drawers as blocks, ingots or nuggets. Everything went fine until I decided to automatize with pipes from BuildCraft. I have a vanilla furnace which burns the ores (for the moment, iron, tin and copper) and extract them into the drawers. But the copper did something unexpected. When the first ingot entered the drawer, the others just jumped off the pipe to the ground. I looked at the pipes, and thought that they were bugged, but then I saw the image of the block of copper in the drawer. It was the image of RAILCRAFT's block of copper, instead of FORESTRY's block of copper. I mean, I'm making copper with the Copper Essence, when I burn the copper ores made of the essences it gives to me Forestry's ingots. I tried to make a block of copper with 9 Forestry's copper ingots in a crafting table, but the result was a Railcraft one. I used creative to take 1 Forestry's block and put it in the crafting table, it gave 9 Railcraft's ingots to me.

I was really going mad with the pipes, I tried everything to make that thing work, and never thought the problem could be this. The only thing I can do is posting it here and wish this can help you make the modpack better. You are doing a great job, changing crafting patrons and mixing mods. I don't really know too much about modding but I know something about programmation and I can see there is a lot of work behind this. Keep up the good work, I hope the final release to come as soon as possible!

Greetings from Spain :)

Last edited:

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
(problem with copper and drawers)

kinda strange that the copper would jump out of the pipe like that, i've had no trouble with the drawers accepting any version of the metal. I can tell you that you should be able to get a block of forestry copper using a chisel (from the chisel mod), so maybe if you put that in the drawer first, everything will sort itself out.

Peluconus

Jul 29, 2019
kinda strange that the copper would jump out of the pipe like that, i've had no trouble with the drawers accepting any version of the metal. I can tell you that you should be able to get a block of forestry copper using a chisel (from the chisel mod), so maybe if you put that in the drawer first, everything will sort itself out.

Actually it accepts any metal, but only if I put them myself. I tried with the Forestry's block (I made a mistake in my other post, sry xD), but then the drawer put the image of the Railcraft's ingot and the issue persisted. The problem is, if I burn the ores, I get Forestry's ingots, but if I take the blocks from the drawers, I get Railcraft's blocks. The pipes cannot find a way for the copper because (I think) they cannot match, so it just jumps. When I used the pipes for the Iron, it worked perfectly.

I'll try to make a capture to post it here, maybe in a day or so.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it accepts any metal, but only if I put them myself. I tried with the Forestry's block (I made a mistake in my other post, sry xD), but then the drawer put the image of the Railcraft's ingot and the issue persisted. The problem is, if I burn the ores, I get Forestry's ingots, but if I take the blocks from the drawers, I get Railcraft's blocks. The pipes cannot find a way for the copper because (I think) they cannot match, so it just jumps. When I used the pipes for the Iron, it worked perfectly.

I'll try to make a capture to post it here, maybe in a day or so.

it's important to note that the drawer doesnt have separate storage for nuggets, ingots, and blocks. if its working correctly, whatever the mod is of the first item you put in.. whether it's a nugget or a block, it should store everything as that type. so it sounds like maybe the drawer wasn't completely empty when you put the forestry block in it? make sure you take out all the nuggets and ingots too before you try to put the block in.

also, what kind of pipes are you using? perhaps try clay insertion pipes, if you aren't.

iron is a vanilla metal, so i wouldnt expect anything to be wrong with it. if there is actually something broken, i'd expect tin to work the same way as copper.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013

It looks like they're allowed targets in Witchery, but with the number of extra mutables included in this pack, you've got a /really/ low chance. I'd recommend cross-breeding up: wheat and carrots (made from wheat and belladonna) come pretty quick as long as you make sure that the cross-breed Crops are on sand.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Why would you bother mutandising sugar cane? Last I tried, you could breed it up and then place the canes you get on right click, same as normal sugar cane; it worked on cactus too.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Why would you bother mutandising sugar cane? Last I tried, you could breed it up and then place the canes you get on right click, same as normal sugar cane; it worked on cactus too.

Because while I'd seen the post about placing cactus into the world for that purpose, I hadn't seen any posts regarding doing that with sugar cane. I'd seen something about using Garden Pots, but those only seemed to take the crop version, even when set up with a sand substrate on the edge of the water (hanging off the side of the island).

*Now has a happy Sweetened Queen*

Reactions: JustHeyo

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I started playing Regrowth recently and i think that I have found something... weird. I haven't seen this in the main post, with all the known bugs and that stuff, so I thought it could be helpful if I posted it here. Sorry if this has already been discussed ^^

I'm trying to organize my ingots by storaging them in Compacting Drawers. They are supposed to store any ingot, and you can draw them from the drawers as blocks, ingots or nuggets. Everything went fine until I decided to automatize with pipes from BuildCraft. I have a vanilla furnace which burns the ores (for the moment, iron, tin and copper) and extract them into the drawers. But the copper did something unexpected. When the first ingot entered the drawer, the others just jumped off the pipe to the ground. I looked at the pipes, and thought that they were bugged, but then I saw the image of the block of copper in the drawer. It was the image of RAILCRAFT's block of copper, instead of FORESTRY's block of copper. I mean, I'm making copper with the Copper Essence, when I burn the copper ores made of the essences it gives to me Forestry's ingots. I tried to make a block of copper with 9 Forestry's copper ingots in a crafting table, but the result was a Railcraft one. I used creative to take 1 Forestry's block and put it in the crafting table, it gave 9 Railcraft's ingots to me.

I was really going mad with the pipes, I tried everything to make that thing work, and never thought the problem could be this. The only thing I can do is posting it here and wish this can help you make the modpack better. You are doing a great job, changing crafting patrons and mixing mods. I don't really know too much about modding but I know something about programmation and I can see there is a lot of work behind this. Keep up the good work, I hope the final release to come as soon as possible!

Greetings from Spain :)
The version of Storage Drawers in Regrowth is fairly old at this point. There's been a variety of tweaks and fixes to the ore conversions and input. The 1.8 update will bring the mod up to date.

The compacting drawers will bind with whatever particular version of metal you put into them and convert input to that. But the tiers of metal may not all necessarily come from the same mod. You may put in a forestry ingot and get a tinkers block and thaumcraft nugget, for example. It's non-deterministic except for the one you originally put in.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The version of Storage Drawers in Regrowth is fairly old at this point. There's been a variety of tweaks and fixes to the ore conversions and input. The 1.8 update will bring the mod up to date.

The compacting drawers will bind with whatever particular version of metal you put into them and convert input to that. But the tiers of metal may not all necessarily come from the same mod. You may put in a forestry ingot and get a tinkers block and thaumcraft nugget, for example. It's non-deterministic except for the one you originally put in.

So - if you have Tinker's Construct tin ingots in a drawer (obtained through Magic Crops), and then put in a Forestry tin nugget (obtained through Stannum bees), any ingots you take out will be Tinker's Construct, but any nuggets you take out will be Forestry?

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
So - if you have Tinker's Construct tin ingots in a drawer (obtained through Magic Crops), and then put in a Forestry tin nugget (obtained through Stannum bees), any ingots you take out will be Tinker's Construct, but any nuggets you take out will be Forestry?

I guess he's saying thats how it will work when 1.8 comes out? cuz I just tested it, and the way it currently works is just about like I said. It currently binds the type of the first thing you put in... so if you put in a forestry block, you'll always get back forestry blocks... but then the 2 types you didnt put in first are defaulted. For some reason (if it's not the first object you put in), blocks will default to railcraft, and nuggets and ingots will both default to tinkers. the type of the first nugget you put in has no effect, if there is already a block or ingot in the drawer.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I guess he's saying thats how it will work when 1.8 comes out? cuz I just tested it, and the way it currently works is just about like I said. It currently binds the type of the first thing you put in... so if you put in a forestry block, you'll always get back forestry blocks... but then the 2 types you didnt put in first are defaulted. For some reason (if it's not the first object you put in), blocks will default to railcraft, and nuggets and ingots will both default to tinkers. the type of the first nugget you put in has no effect, if there is already a block or ingot in the drawer.
Your explanation of how it works is correct, even in the latest version. It's tricky to word clearly. All the tiers are determined and fixed at the time you put the first item in. You get no say in what the other two tiers will be.

It all comes down to the kind and order of block/nugget recipes added by mods. Though thinking more about it, if I let the discovery process fully exhaust its search space and generate a list of candidates, I could probably "prefer" items from the same mod group most of the time.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I stopped playing Regrowth right before getting to mek stuff, and didn't know if your had tweaked it. Thanks for the fast reply.

I was going to do that, or at least slow down, but now I am just getting as much done to my own satisfaction before I just quit and move on. I have really enjoyed the pack but I'm frustrated with various hiccups and issues that I can't get help with (and I'm quite reluctant to post most of my questions here because of the attitudes of some regulars), am hugely disappointed that the mek stuff is overly customized to the point of tediousness (recipe-wise) and, as I have recently learned, messed up (mek is one of my fav mods and one reason I tried out this pack) and at the end of the day, I just hate Thaumcraft and my starting the Thaum quests have reminded me vividly of this fact. I've put a lot of work into this pack, but the fun with this pack is starting to wear thin and time is not an infinite resource for me.

Frugal

Jul 29, 2019
I don't normally post on these forums, but I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this pack. It is not super grindy like some packs (Blast Off I am looking at you), nor is it just a constant deluge of mobs. I also think that the story line and gating of technologies has been really well done.

This pack has got me into a couple of mods I normally just skip past (Thaumcraft and Botania mainly) which I am really enjoying. Normally I go straight to Thermal Expansion or Ender IO, and then Applied Energistics. It makes a nice change to use magic and storage drawers for a change.