[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
So true. Makes me wonder about the origin of the phrase 'Right under one's nose'. I mean, seriously - if something is 'right under your nose', it's impossible to see. Your nose is in the way!
The answer to that question has always been... your mustache ! :D

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
guys, what are the requirements to get the mana pylon quest? I managed to get it on singleplayer before, and can't find out how to get it unhidden on the server I'm playing on

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
guys, what are the requirements to get the mana pylon quest? I managed to get it on singleplayer before, and can't find out how to get it unhidden on the server I'm playing on
Have you held all the things suggested by the post at the start of the thread? Including mana steel, gold, and mana diamond I'd imagine?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
On my current play thru (14th map now lol), i did things in a different way. It took me awhile to unlock a lot of quests because of the order i went this time. I would do one thing, then check the entire book to see what it opened up etc.

I would say about 80% of all the quest problems people run into, are that your reputation is not high enough to unlock the quests. You have to remember that almost everything is interdependent on each other. So you need to make to sure to work quests in different chapters that build reputation you will need in other chapters.

One specific chapter a lot of people tend to over look because it seems pointless, is the books chapter (4 i think?), i am guilty of it because i have played thru so many times now. I forget that those books unlock quite a bit in other chapters.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
On my current play thru (14th map now lol), i did things in a different way. It took me awhile to unlock a lot of quests because of the order i went this time. I would do one thing, then check the entire book to see what it opened up etc.

I would say about 80% of all the quest problems people run into, are that your reputation is not high enough to unlock the quests. You have to remember that almost everything is interdependent on each other. So you need to make to sure to work quests in different chapters that build reputation you will need in other chapters.

One specific chapter a lot of people tend to over look because it seems pointless, is the books chapter (4 i think?), i am guilty of it because i have played thru so many times now. I forget that those books unlock quite a bit in other chapters.

I'd estimate another 5% is not making the materials that the essence seeds give you access to - also because it may seem 'pointless' (Lapis comes to mind).

I actually keep a text document off to the side that has all the quests I've got 'pending', so I can refresh my memory quickly (Now what was I harvesting all this essence for? Oh yeah!)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me what the requirements to unlock the witchery quest line are because I think I am missing something blatantly obvious. I have 26 arcanist, 23 machinist and 7 geneticist reps. Chapters 1, 2 and 6 are complete and most others are either complete as much as I can or I need something else to complete them. Thanks for the help in advance.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me what the requirements to unlock the witchery quest line are because I think I am missing something blatantly obvious. I have 26 arcanist, 23 machinist and 7 geneticist reps. Chapters 1, 2 and 6 are complete and most others are either complete as much as I can or I need something else to complete them. Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm pretty sure that Arcanist rep can get way higher before dabbling in Witchery and Thaumcraft stuff.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds like you need to complete chapters 7-9 to get the required rep. Chapters 10 and 11 only unlock once you get pretty high in the rep area.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that Arcanist rep can get way higher before dabbling in Witchery and Thaumcraft stuff.
The question wasn't can I get it higher it was shouldn't it have unlocked. I already have a small start into witchery but the quests for it are still locked.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
The question wasn't can I get it higher it was shouldn't it have unlocked. I already have a small start into witchery but the quests for it are still locked.

First of all, try not to double post. Second of all, if I'm saying your Arcanist rep can go "way higher," I believe that's a hint that you should try to get it "way higher."

As a side note and general question, when did ten and twenty start to seem like big numbers? Does anyone know? Because people have been asking things lately along the lines of "My Arcanist rep is <10-20ish>, why won't Witchery and Thaumcraft unlock?"

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
There's a hidden trigger set around 30 Arcanist reputation. You should have more than 30 Arcanist reputation (Chapter 1 gives 25 reputation, and Chapter 2 will give 30 before you even get to Terrasteel), so be sure that you've accepted the rewards. If the problem persists, to try resetting your questbook as described here

Several Witchery Quests also have other triggers. In the order they're likely to be challenged :
- The Witching Hour requires What the World is Made Of : Iron Seeds
- Funneled Fumes requires What the World Enables : To Hell and Back
- They're Playing My Tune has hidden trigger of the player physically holding a Diamond
- Guard Tree has a hidden trigger of the player physically holding a Lapis Lazuli
- The Power Within has a hidden trigger of holding redstone.
- Parliment Presiding requires The Life of the World : Kitty
- Hop Along require The Life of the World : Woof

You must also finish the What the World Teaches quests related to Witchery before some quests will show up.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, try not to double post. Second of all, if I'm saying your Arcanist rep can go "way higher," I believe that's a hint that you should try to get it "way higher."

As a side note and general question, when did ten and twenty start to seem like big numbers? Does anyone know? Because people have been asking things lately along the lines of "My Arcanist rep is <10-20ish>, why Witchery and Thaumcraft unlock?"
Well I played the pack a while back during 0.6.5 ish and at the point I am at now they were unlocked. That is why I was asking the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Not all saves from before 0.7 move forward properly. There's information on migrating in the FAQ, and I've written up a bit more here

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well I played the pack a while back during 0.6.5 ish and at the point I am at now they were unlocked. That is why I was asking the question.

Anyway, this is a WIP pack, so things can change, which means that just because something worked one way in an older version, there's no guarantee that it'd work in a newer one. Furthermore, you can put multiple quotes in the same post, so there's still no reason to have double posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
There's a hidden trigger set around 30 Arcanist reputation. You should have more than 30 Arcanist reputation (Chapter 1 gives 25 reputation, and Chapter 2 will give 30 before you even get to Terrasteel), so be sure that you've accepted the rewards. If the problem persists, to try resetting your questbook as described here

Several Witchery Quests also have other triggers. In the order they're likely to be challenged :
- The Witching Hour requires What the World is Made Of : Iron Seeds
- Funneled Fumes requires What the World Enables : To Hell and Back
- They're Playing My Tune has hidden trigger of the player physically holding a Diamond
- Guard Tree has a hidden trigger of the player physically holding a Lapis Lazuli
- The Power Within has a hidden trigger of holding redstone.
- Parliment Presiding requires The Life of the World : Kitty
- Hop Along require The Life of the World : Woof

You must also finish the What the World Teaches quests related to Witchery before some quests will show up.
Not all saves from before 0.7 move forward properly. There's information on migrating in the FAQ, and I've written up a bit more here
Well the world was a fresh start when I started playing again. I have done all of those quests and the first quest still isn't showing up.
EDIT: After going back through and adding all the arcanist rep gains up I should have 51 but my quest book only says I have 26. I think that could be the problem.

Last edited:

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Soo the certus quartz seed quests are supposed to unlock after I have the extreme infusion stone and a mechanist rep of 70, according to the FAQ. I've completed all but chapters 7, 8 and 10 and I only have a mechanist's rep of 67. None of the quests available give me any mechanist rep and supposedly I should have the required rep by now. Is this a bug or are there quests further down the genetics line (not looking forward to this ugh) that will give me mechanist rep?