[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Soo the certus quartz seed quests are supposed to unlock after I have the extreme infusion stone and a mechanist rep of 70, according to the FAQ. I've completed all but chapters 7, 8 and 10 and I only have a mechanist's rep of 67. None of the quests available give me any mechanist rep and supposedly I should have the required rep by now. Is this a bug or are there quests further down the genetics line (not looking forward to this ugh) that will give me mechanist rep?

I don't recall exactly, but it's possible there are quests that have mechanist rep that unlock after doing ones that don't have the rep. I vaguely remember Witchery quests having some here and there, or maybe in Thaumcraft, but it's been a long while and I could easily be wrong.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall exactly, but it's possible there are quests that have mechanist rep that unlock after doing ones that don't have the rep. I vaguely remember Witchery quests having some here and there, or maybe in Thaumcraft, but it's been a long while and I could easily be wrong.

I've done all the Thaumcraft ones and as for Witchery all I have left is the spectral stone and following ones.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Soo the certus quartz seed quests are supposed to unlock after I have the extreme infusion stone and a mechanist rep of 70, according to the FAQ. I've completed all but chapters 7, 8 and 10 and I only have a mechanist's rep of 67. None of the quests available give me any mechanist rep and supposedly I should have the required rep by now. Is this a bug or are there quests further down the genetics line (not looking forward to this ugh) that will give me mechanist rep?

At the moment, Chapter 8 only has 8 quests in it. It ends after you get the apiarist suit for bees and the wicker hatchery for fish. What do you have left in 7?

DeathSabre

Jul 29, 2019

I had this as well. I did have to do a couple of the genetics quests. then it opened a bunch more ones in chapter 5 that got my mechanistic rep up to the required 70. (but i was stuck on 53 mech rep, so you might be on a different version to the one I Played or somthing)

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Well the world was a fresh start when I started playing again. I have done all of those quests and the first quest still isn't showing up.
EDIT: After going back through and adding all the arcanist rep gains up I should have 51 but my quest book only says I have 26. I think that could be the problem.
as a last resort you could use the /hqm edit book to clear all your quests, then cheat-complete the ones that you did, and ditch the reward (I believe that's explained somewhere in the beginning in this thread), that should end you up getting the right reputations.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is funny or is best tppi?
TPPI is good if you want a nice pack full with every mod you could ever want, whereas Regrowth is better if you want a less "default" experience. Regrowth is heavily tweaked, meaning it'll be nothing like regular modded minecraft. If you're in to that kind of thing Regrowth is one of the best of the best. But, obviously, some people like kitchen sink packs more, so in that case, your best bet is TPPI.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I had this as well. I did have to do a couple of the genetics quests. then it opened a bunch more ones in chapter 5 that got my mechanistic rep up to the required 70. (but i was stuck on 53 mech rep, so you might be on a different version to the one I Played or somthing)
Really? /sigh alright, thanks! I'll start on those then. *eyes bees and fishes* ... *groans* Q_Q

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
Really? /sigh alright, thanks! I'll start on those then. *eyes bees and fishes* ... *groans* Q_Q
My feelings exactly. I just cannot get into any of the breeding mods. For me, grinding out the apiarist's suit was the worst part of this whole pack. It was painful, and not just because of the jerkface, poisonous, tropical bees.

Reactions: Draconicrose

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I skip the entire bee section every time, and i always manage to get the certus quartz quest. (actually just got it last night after finishing up the last few forestry machines in chapter 5)

As i said earlier, i am guessing you are missing sections from other chapters, or you have unclaimed rewards in your quest book (also assuming you are playing the latest build).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My feelings exactly. I just cannot get into any of the breeding mods. For me, grinding out the apiarist's suit was the worst part of this whole pack. It was painful, and not just because of the jerkface, poisonous, tropical bees.

It was long, but having done it once, I can see ways to streamline it.
1) Set up the hive a decent distance from places you have to visit regularly - at least 10 blocks, if you know what I mean. ;) Visit only at night.
2) Frames. Untreated in a pinch, Treated when you have the seed oil, Magic Frames if you want to get fancy.
3) Apiarist pipes. You can set up a relatively simple automation that cycles the Princesses and Drones back into the Apiary, and pipes the product out of the effect zone. Even directly into your Centrifuge.

This setup would take most of the grind out of it. Other things that could help:

Some way of automatically replacing frames from a distance.
Selectively piping the Silky Propolis into a second Centrifuge to automate the Wisps.
Piping the Wisps into a Carpenter connected to a Pump to automate the Woven Silk.

At that point, it would be all down to waiting.

(Fish still confuse me.)

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
What is wrong with my arcane terestar reformer setup ?
Full of Arbor (256) jungle focus on top and nothing ... :

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
What is wrong with my arcane terestar reformer setup ?
Full of Arbor (256) jungle focus on top and nothing ... :
It also needs some terra vis. A source of at least 5 I think. I originally had an energized node that only has 3 terra and it didn't work. I got a new one with 6 and it's working fine.

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
It was long, but having done it once, I can see ways to streamline it.
1) Set up the hive a decent distance from places you have to visit regularly - at least 10 blocks, if you know what I mean. ;) Visit only at night.
2) Frames. Untreated in a pinch, Treated when you have the seed oil, Magic Frames if you want to get fancy.
3) Apiarist pipes. You can set up a relatively simple automation that cycles the Princesses and Drones back into the Apiary, and pipes the product out of the effect zone. Even directly into your Centrifuge.

This setup would take most of the grind out of it. Other things that could help:

Some way of automatically replacing frames from a distance.
Selectively piping the Silky Propolis into a second Centrifuge to automate the Wisps.
Piping the Wisps into a Carpenter connected to a Pump to automate the Woven Silk.

At that point, it would be all down to waiting.

(Fish still confuse me.)
I tried using the apiarist's pipe, but it never seemed to work right. I ended up using a diamond pipe to send the princess and drones back to the apiary, and that seemed to work fine.

One of the biggest issues was that the only tropical princesses I had were ignoble, so they eventually disappeared long before I has enough wisps. Took me awhile to realize I could create new hives using a manapool.

Also, I was using chocolate frames because those are supposed to increase productivity, but I never really noticed a difference.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
It also needs some terra vis. A source of at least 5 I think. I originally had an energized node that only has 3 terra and it didn't work. I got a new one with 6 and it's working fine.
Jar full of tera node with tera, wand and still nop ... Sad Panda :(

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Jar full of tera node with tera, wand and still nop ... Sad Panda :(

You were told it ALSO needs terra. Also means "in addition" or "as well as" not "replace everything with."

Also, using a jar won't work since that's essentia, not vis. Vis comes from nodes; you were also told that a working setup uses an energized node that provides 6 terra vis.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I tried using the apiarist's pipe, but it never seemed to work right. I ended up using a diamond pipe to send the princess and drones back to the apiary, and that seemed to work fine.

One of the biggest issues was that the only tropical princesses I had were ignoble, so they eventually disappeared long before I has enough wisps. Took me awhile to realize I could create new hives using a manapool.

Also, I was using chocolate frames because those are supposed to increase productivity, but I never really noticed a difference.

Tip for getting Pristine princesses of any species: Get as many pure drones as you can from the Ignoble. Find a Pristine of any species at all (Water and Rocky are both commonly found, but Rocky has poor fertility - although for a wisp farm, that's not a big drawback). Breed the Pristine over and over with the pure drones until it 'breeds true'. This can get messy, and does require you to analyze the bees to maximize efficiency.

I'll see if I can get a good angle on my pipe setup. I didn't build it for its aesthetics, but it's been doing a decent job. (Not to mention, I'll want to copy it for my next world!)

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
I skip the entire bee section every time, and i always manage to get the certus quartz quest. (actually just got it last night after finishing up the last few forestry machines in chapter 5)

As i said earlier, i am guessing you are missing sections from other chapters, or you have unclaimed rewards in your quest book (also assuming you are playing the latest build).
The thing is I'm not missing anything. : / If it comes to it I'll just cheat the reputation in.